Joystick clicks (no not pressing down)

Discus and support Joystick clicks (no not pressing down) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why do my Xbox S|X joysticks click when I move them up/down and left/right respectively? I've never had this problem with any other controller ever...... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Spatt11101, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Spatt11101
    Spatt11101 Guest

Why do my Xbox S|X joysticks click when I move them up/down and left/right respectively?

I've never had this problem with any other controller ever... until this one and my last one I replaced (with my current), in fact the cap on the left joystick feels wobbly and loose, is it the cap clicking against the stick that it pops on to?

What is this noise and why is it happening? It's driving me crazy lol

:)

Spatt11101, Mar 18, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Spatt11101,

Thanks for your reply.

As the paired controller to your Xbox Series X|S, the two controllers we mentioned at the top are pretty differs, thus we want to make sure we give you the correct response to your question.

Please check the back part of the controller you have:

Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox looks like this:

[​IMG]

• As such, this problem requires repair if this is the controller to which you are referring. Please send your game controller for service (if you are under warranty).
    • For repair requests, kindly click on this page: Getting your Xbox device serviced | Xbox Support

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 | Xbox looks like this:

[​IMG]

If your controller matches the first picture, you will need to have your controller repaired (if you are still under warranty). Otherwise, if your controller matches the second picture, the clicking sound is totally normal.

Should you wish to send a picture for us to compare, please take a photo of the back of the controller.

Regards,

4. Spatt11101 Win User

I stated it is the Xbox Series S|X.

The clicking happens when I move the stick back and forth, not when I press down on it. I know it clicks when it's pressed down, it isn't the problem.

I just want to know if I was replaced with a broken controller or if this is normal
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Spatt11101,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you felt the joystick to be different because it can be clicked. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

To make sure we are on the same page, may we know what specifically the controller you are referring to? Kindly visit the page of the controller and compare it to the one's you are holding:

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. RyanDonnelly Win User

Icon is for which button on controller?

As onyx62is said, press your left joystick down. If you see one for the R press your right joystick down :) Happy gaming!
Thema:

1. Joystick clicks (no not pressing down) - Similar Threads - Joystick clicks pressing

2. If I completely remove the left analog joystick without replacement..to compatibly use the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I completely remove the left analog joystick without replacement..to compatibly use the...: If I completely remove the left analog joystick without replacement..to compatibly use the arrow buttons direction will it work ea86895f-ddb2-47e6-8c75-b19b25a1e034
  3. Travel time of joysticks on Xbox adaptive controllers

in XBoX Accessibility
    Travel time of joysticks on Xbox adaptive controllers: So I’m having a tough time on the travel time of the right joystick I have for the adaptive controller. It’s like using it in the game like golf. When I go to swinging it keeps telling me too slow...
  4. How to fix joystick sensitivity?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix joystick sensitivity?: I play on laptop and I have wired controllers. For the past 2 years at least I have been unable to play my favourite game Minecraft because the update severely messed up the joystick sensitivity....
  5. Can I use XAC with external joystick and separate steering wheel at the same time?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use XAC with external joystick and separate steering wheel at the same time?: Is it possible to use a Logitech g920steering wheel and a separate joystick (Logitech 3d extreme pro ) that is Xbox compatible with the Xbox adaptive controller together. Eg allowing me to use the...
  6. Right joystick not working in remote play.

in XboX Insiders
    Right joystick not working in remote play.: So I recently tried out remote play on my phone, and everything seems to work PERFECTLY while playing games and such, but when I try to use my right stick to look around nothing happens. It works...
  7. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  8. Why is my controller acting like the left joystick is being pushed to the left?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller acting like the left joystick is being pushed to the left?: I don’t know why but my series S controller started freaking out and pulling to the left without me moving it. It never did this before, but now it’s impossible for me to move it to the right one...
  9. How do I fix my controllers joystick that won’t work when I click it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my controllers joystick that won’t work when I click it?: Sometimes it works if I press it down hard. dd5fc550-569c-4032-b4fc-9dc690114f1a
  10. my xbox controller turns off when I click the left part of the controller (left joystick...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox controller turns off when I click the left part of the controller (left joystick...: well I have an xbox one s controller that worked fine, the controller is out of garanty, but I have never throw it to the ground so IDK why this is happening, if I press with a little streng the...