Joining a family group on xbox family

Discus and support Joining a family group on xbox family in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I recently purchased Minecraft Java Edition on my account, however since it is a child account I was unable to play multiplayer. After... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Isaac Pinczewski, Jan 5, 2021.

  1. Joining a family group on xbox family


    Hello, I recently purchased Minecraft Java Edition on my account, however since it is a child account I was unable to play multiplayer. After researching this I found out that I should join Xbox family and join my parents "Microsoft Family" so they could
    allow me to play multiplayer, however invites to their family are not coming through. How do I rectify this?

    :)
     
    Isaac Pinczewski, Jan 5, 2021
    #1
  2. David Wirsching Win User

    Minecraft multiplayer doesnt work

    Yes, you can join a family group on Xbox after previously leaving. However, please note that family group features and availability may vary depending on your location and account settings. Below are general steps for joining a family group on Xbox:

    Open the guide on your Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the controller.

    Navigate to the left and select your profile at the top of the guide.

    From the drop-down menu, select "Add or Change" under the "Family" section.

    You will be presented with different options to join a family group. Select the option that best suits your needs. There may be an option to join an existing family group or to create a new one.

    Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the family group joining process. You may be asked to provide certain information or agree to the household terms and conditions.

    Remember that to join a family group, you need to be invited by someone who is already part of the group or who is the administrator of the family group and sends invitations to other accounts.
  3. SammyVS Win User

    Add to family not working

    I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

    The person you have added to the group needs to accept the invitation, they will receive an email to accept and join the family group. You can add a member or organizer to the family group in a browser also through this link.

    https://account.microsoft.com/family/
  4. CarTzy Win User

    Family Screentime limits not working on Xbox -- how to fix?

    Hello,

    Try to remove and re-add the member and see if it will make any changes.

    As an organizer, you can add members of your household to your family group by using the Xbox Family Settings app on your mobile device.

    • Launch the Xbox Family Settings app, and then select the green Accounts icon in the top-right of the Family screen. Select Add organizer or Add child, and then follow the on-screen instructions to send an invitation to someone to join your family group.
    Add someone to your family group in the Xbox Family Settings app | Xbox Support
  5. AridLizard Win User

    Multiplayer is blocked

  6. wi7bit Win User

    Realms

    Hi Arjunnand

    It sounds like your Xbox (Microsoft) account is part of a family group and an adult on this account has blocked either playing multiplayer or joining clubs.

    You will need to ask an adult in this group to remove these restrictions. This can be easily done using the Xbox family settings app.

    Xbox Family Settings App | Xbox

    Hope that helps.
Thema:

Joining a family group on xbox family

Loading...
  1. Joining a family group on xbox family - Similar Threads - Joining family group

  2. Mythic achievement I’ve joined the Xbox Insiders as it says on the Xbox Wire website that...

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic achievement I’ve joined the Xbox Insiders as it says on the Xbox Wire website that...: I’ve joined the Xbox Insiders as it says on the Xbox Wire website that they get it early and I still can’t find it can someone help me I can’t see anything about my Xbox needs updating aswell and...
  3. XBOX Insiders Can Join the Chicken Invaders Collection Preview Today!

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Insiders Can Join the Chicken Invaders Collection Preview Today!: [IMG] The chickens are invading, and we need your help! XBOX Insiders can join the Chicken Invaders Collection preview today. Check the XBOX Insider Hub to join. Jump in, take on the invasion,...
  4. Xbox One S not updating to Omega after joining program.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One S not updating to Omega after joining program.: Hi everyone! My Xbox One S has been in the omega program now for a few weeks ever since the disc to digital feature was announced and now that the feature is out to omega users I realized that I...
  5. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  6. How to join the new Disc to Digital program?

    in XboX Insiders
    How to join the new Disc to Digital program?: Hello, how can I try this new function? I have downloaded the xbox insider app and joined the program? but not sure what to do next. Or has there been anything said about when it will be available...
  7. Can’t send invitation to join family group

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t send invitation to join family group: I’m trying to add my daughter to my family group and it won’t send the invite. It keeps saying try again. 13d26c9f-09ba-463d-a5a6-677818fe8453
  8. Someone joined my family and made purchases then left the family. How do I prevent this...

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone joined my family and made purchases then left the family. How do I prevent this...: Someone joined our Microsoft Family, made purchases, and then left. How do I prevent this from happening again? I already changed the password and cancelled the card, but what do I need to do with...
  9. Can't leave family group to join Its her boy's Minecraft SMP

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't leave family group to join Its her boy's Minecraft SMP: I'm trying to join a Minecraft SMP but it's saying I cannot so I checked my microsoft account and discovered that I'm in a family group so I followed a guide and tried this: Microsoft Account >...
  10. Error joining account.microsoft.com/family/home

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Error joining account.microsoft.com/family/home: Whenever I join the site account.microsoft.com/family/home I get an error message showing "Something isn't working on our end. Wait a bit, then try here again. TraceID: h0MfHzLVG0W7RGBp.32.48"...