Joing Party/Game With a Friend Who's Avatar is Blank.

Discus and support Joing Party/Game With a Friend Who's Avatar is Blank. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a friend who I cannot join their game on my internet, I have taken my Xbox to his house and connected via his router and had no trouble playing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LangeBanger69, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Joing Party/Game With a Friend Who's Avatar is Blank.

I have a friend who I cannot join their game on my internet, I have taken my Xbox to his house and connected via his router and had no trouble playing games. When I am at home and he logs in his avatar is blank (solid gray) when he or I ask to join party
    it brings up an error message and will not connect us together. We have the same internet provider even. What advice can be given to my friend so he and I can continue to play games together without me having to lug my system and games to his place? Oh and
    He is the only person who has this issue, all my other friends show up just fine and i can connect to them all. Also my friend looked at his profile through his Iphone and also has the blank avatar come up. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

:)

LangeBanger69, Jan 3, 2014
  2. BluntHybrid
    BluntHybrid Guest
    If XBL Avatars Could Fall In Love...

My avatar is never alone because I'm usually in a party with friends; apparently my avatar enjoys starting waves in parties. He's quite the life of the party. Most importantly, I think I just rendered your statement invalid.

BluntHybrid, Jan 3, 2014
  3. Jasmoot
    Jasmoot Guest
    More than just cloud storage

As you all are currently aware Xbox One and 360 are experiencing issues with storage. Well I also believe party chat and joing friends is experiencing issues as well. I thought it was my connection; so I did a hard reset and reset my router, This fixed nothing.
    Four of my friends are experiencing the same problem, two of which live in completely different states. Any thoughts?

Jasmoot, Jan 3, 2014
  4. Joing Party/Game With a Friend Who's Avatar is Blank.

He also has turned on or reset his NAT. He messaged me about 5 minutes after I posted this and still no success. Also if It is needed his account name is Redneck Lineman.

LangeBanger69, Jan 6, 2014
  5. Hey there,

Welcome to the forums

I would like to know if your friend has family settings enforced onto his/hers account. This would explain why the Avatar is white and you can not see it. This would also explain why you can not join his/hers party's online.

Please be sure to post back

Regards

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jan 6, 2014
  6. No the setting are at the most public, if their family settings were in use then i could not have joined his party while he and i used the same internet connection, but using different xbox's

LangeBanger69, Jan 6, 2014
  7. I recently fixed my NAT setting so it is open, not the moderate that I found it was. Hoping this would resolve the issue, I now have a DMZ set up and everything is running correctly with my xbox. His avatar is still gray/white (though his Live access is
    also open) and we cannot connect

LangeBanger69, Oct 31, 2018
  8. LangeBanger69 Win User

He also has turned on or reset his NAT. He messaged me about 5 minutes after I posted this and still no success. Also if It is needed his account name is Redneck Lineman.
  9. LangeBanger69 Win User

No the setting are at the most public, if their family settings were in use then i could not have joined his party while he and i used the same internet connection, but using different xbox's
  10. LangeBanger69 Win User

I recently fixed my NAT setting so it is open, not the moderate that I found it was. Hoping this would resolve the issue, I now have a DMZ set up and everything is running correctly with my xbox. His avatar is still gray/white (though his Live access is
    also open) and we cannot connect
  11. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

Hey there,

Welcome to the forums

I would like to know if your friend has family settings enforced onto his/hers account. This would explain why the Avatar is white and you can not see it. This would also explain why you can not join his/hers party's online.

Please be sure to post back

Regards
  12. UneasyJmitchell Win User

Joining Games

Try server browsers. Im guessing go into an empty lobby and wait for it to fill up? I dont have those problems, probably 90% of "new" games I join are just starting, excluding joing in progress to partied up friends.
Thema:

1. Joing Party/Game With a Friend Who's Avatar is Blank. - Similar Threads - Joing Party Game

2. Party Chat on PC seems to be broken?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party Chat on PC seems to be broken?: Every time i start or join a party on PC with game bar or xbox app and a friend or someone else joins, the party chat disconnects. parties work fine on my xbox and phone though, and i have tried...
  3. When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled: If I am in a party or discord call i not only am unable to hear anyone taking in game, but it doesn't even show me that people are talking. The second I leave the party/discord it goes back to...
  4. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  5. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  6. how to fix xbox party not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to fix xbox party not working: "Background apps permission for Xbox are turned off others may not be able to hear you" i keep getting this message when i try to start or join a party. I can hear the party but they can't hear...
  7. i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS

in XBoX on Consoles
    i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS: i’ve done everything i can think of and even went as far as taking my xbox apart, cleaning it, AND reapplying thermal paste. factory reset unplug for 8 hours( i full power down and unplug it...
  8. party issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    party issue: i can see all of my friends in an open, public lobby, but when i try to join i am met with 'your xbox profile is not able to join parties'. i have never had this issue before and i havent changed...
  9. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  10. jo

in XBoX Games and Apps
    jo: need help not letting me log in for some reason saying no connection ty 2db582a4-4526-496b-8284-30f44b759a83