Join/Leave Party Notifications Not Showing After Update?

Discus and support Join/Leave Party Notifications Not Showing After Update? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've talked to a few others & they're not getting those notifications anymore either when someone joins or leaves a party. It's honestly really... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AngryBiscuits, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Join/Leave Party Notifications Not Showing After Update?

I've talked to a few others & they're not getting those notifications anymore either when someone joins or leaves a party. It's honestly really annoying because that's always been a feature, it's helpful & I just like it, so why doesn't it work anymore
    did they take it out? If so why not just make it an option to toggle in the notification settings? Anyone else having the issue or know anything about it?

:)

AngryBiscuits, Oct 23, 2018
  2. Stacia7713
    Stacia7713 Guest
    Party Chat Notifications & Invites Not Working

My friends and I have been experiencing party chat issues the last few days on Xbox One. After 10 party invites, friends are still not receiving invites. Also, when friends do join or leave party chat, we are not consistently getting notifications. We all
    ignored someone in party chat last night because no one got a notification announcing that someone else joined the party. Any advice? None of us have made any changes to notification settings. I checked mine & they are all still set as they should be. Occasionally
    invites go through & notifications are received but more often than not, it's not working. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Stacia7713, Oct 23, 2018
  3. Preview Program un-enrolling trouble

I too am getting this error. After opting out of the preview program I downloaded 2 updates. On around 350MB and another around 3.5GB. After downloading the update party chat, game invites and messages are not showing up as notifications. So I cannot join
    any games when people send an invitation to play. Has anyone found a solution?

Andros-0EAE7E28-A408-4857-9D5A-1A7319A77FB9, Oct 23, 2018
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY Like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart
    the console.

{Parity}, Oct 23, 2018
  5. I perform a hard reset after every update, I can try again but I just thought it might maybe be a service thing, since I'm not the only one I know having the issue since the most recent update

AngryBiscuits, Oct 23, 2018
  6. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest
    Hey AngryBiscuits,

For notification issues, I would recommend to turn your notification preferences to OFF or to not show. Then remove and re-add your profile. Once you do that, go back into your notification settings and turn everything back on.

There may just be a technical issue connecting or syncing that specific data from the servers, so rebooting your router for at least 5 mins may also be helpful.

Lastly, if nothing helps then it may be a good idea to perform a soft factory reset to restore the operating system and re-download
    the system update.

If troubleshooting is not solving the issue then you are able to report the issue through the

Xbox Insider Hub app
    and have the others you know having the issue report the problem as well.

I hope this information is helpful!

XBF Diego M, Nov 3, 2018
  7. XBF Diego M Win User

Hey AngryBiscuits,

For notification issues, I would recommend to turn your notification preferences to OFF or to not show. Then remove and re-add your profile. Once you do that, go back into your notification settings and turn everything back on.

There may just be a technical issue connecting or syncing that specific data from the servers, so rebooting your router for at least 5 mins may also be helpful.

Lastly, if nothing helps then it may be a good idea to perform a soft factory reset to restore the operating system and re-download
    the system update.

If troubleshooting is not solving the issue then you are able to report the issue through the

Xbox Insider Hub app
    and have the others you know having the issue report the problem as well.

I hope this information is helpful!
  8. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY Like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart
    the console.
  9. AngryBiscuits Win User

I perform a hard reset after every update, I can try again but I just thought it might maybe be a service thing, since I'm not the only one I know having the issue since the most recent update
  10. Andros-0EAE7E28-A408 Win User

Preview Program un-enrolling trouble

I too am getting this error. After opting out of the preview program I downloaded 2 updates. On around 350MB and another around 3.5GB. After downloading the update party chat, game invites and messages are not showing up as notifications. So I cannot join
    any games when people send an invitation to play. Has anyone found a solution?
  11. tbeard Win User

Why won’t Xbox App let me accept party invites?

Same issue here. Started after recent update to the XBox app. I have an iPhone 14 Pro. Tapping the party invite notification used to join me to the party, now it just takes me to the senders Xbox profile. Any updates? Thanks!
Thema:

1. Join/Leave Party Notifications Not Showing After Update? - Similar Threads - Join Leave Party

2. I don’t see a join button!

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I don’t see a join button!: So on my Xbox, under my profile I press the Xbox on the controller to bring up the guide. I navigate over to the friends tab and click on one of my friends. I see an invite button, but no join...
  3. "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...

in XBoX on Windows
    "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...: Okay so Recently I updated Game bar one day and then whenever i joined a party on pc it would say everyone in the party was disconnected and then after a few minutes it would say "Something went...
  4. i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?: i cant join partys on xbox app windows ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming*** 7118ee9c-fc1f-4fb1-91e8-589b3356d64f
  5. When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to...: When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to my friends. Then it removes me and says party chat disconnected. What can I do?...
  6. Xbox won’t let me join or start a party.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox won’t let me join or start a party.: I try starting a party and it’s grayed out. I try joining a party and it doesn't even attempt to join. Please fix 9d4e6763-b7b4-44ef-ad87-3eb76a1cc5ba
  7. I cannot join parties after comm ban expires

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot join parties after comm ban expires: I can’t join parties after my comm ban, I have an error whenever I try to join yet I can create my own, invite and earlier when I did to my friends I could then join parties but it would be...
  8. When i join a Xbox party(on pc) the audio begins skipping, other process slow to a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When i join a Xbox party(on pc) the audio begins skipping, other process slow to a...: this just started happening after i updated to windows 11, was working fine yesterday on windows 10. 6ba469ab-12dd-42cf-8932-124bd21ecd38
  9. Xbox wireless headset (Turtlebeach) only works when joining a party

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox wireless headset (Turtlebeach) only works when joining a party: Okay, just as the title suggests, my headset's microphone for my xbox (using a series X) only works when I join a party. When I create a party and I invite others, the only way for my microphone...
  10. It says I am in a club but I can’t join a club party. Also when I try to leave it says try...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    It says I am in a club but I can’t join a club party. Also when I try to leave it says try...: It says I am in a club but I can’t join a club party. Also when I try to leave it says try again later. c0b33b65-0428-46ac-a4ab-6b87da8f5bf2