James Bond License - Microsoft Game Studios

Discus and support James Bond License - Microsoft Game Studios in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; [removed] submitted by /u/EquivalentBus5260 [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/EquivalentBus5260, Feb 19, 2021.

1. James Bond License - Microsoft Game Studios

/u/EquivalentBus5260, Feb 19, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Adding More Games From Original Xbox

Doesn't matter how many votes they get though, some of those games just can't be made BC purely for licensing reasons. You can forget the 007 James Bond games, EA no longer have the James Bond License. The Godfather, Scarface and Spiderman are also based
    on a Movie license which have now all expired too.

Just an FYI
  3. ProfessionaI313 Win User

Adding More Games From Original Xbox

Doesn't matter how many votes they get though, some of those games just can't be made BC purely for licensing reasons. You can forget the 007 James Bond games, EA no longer have the James Bond License. The Godfather, Scarface and Spiderman are also based
    on a Movie license which have now all expired too.

Just an FYI
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

James Bond 007 Nightfire

I would but it won't happen, reason being that EA does not hold the license to James Bond anymore.
  5. Bazajaytee Win User

xbox original game

What game was it that you purchased? It could be that due to licensing issues with the Publisher they had to remove it from the Marketplace (like James Bond games made by Activision were pulled)
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Return of Backwards Compatibility

Sorry, but the Backwards Compatibility program isn't on hold, it has unfortunately ended. This was announced 15 November 2021.

Even if BC hadn't ended or indeed if were still going you still wouldn't be able to play Quantum of Solace on an Xbox One or Series X|S because Activision no longer hold the Bond license. Currently, Square Enix have the license to the Bond name. That's how film licenses with games work, they're only held for a short period unless renewed.

Microsoft doesn't actually own Activision yet. The takeover won't complete until sometime in 2023, barring any potential legal issues.

If you're into James Bond games it may interest you to know that IO Interactive (a subsidiary of Square Enix) are currently developing a new James Bond game. Project 007 (working title).
Thema:

James Bond License - Microsoft Game Studios

1. James Bond License - Microsoft Game Studios - Similar Threads - James Bond License

2. Will Microsoft bond their grips fot the next generation of elite controller or will they...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Microsoft bond their grips fot the next generation of elite controller or will they...: I have owned both a elite one and Elite 2 both of which the glued hand grips have come away one actually injuring me so I was wondering if Microsoft was going to drop their scummy attitude of...
  3. Will there be backwards compatible for naruto broken bond and rise of ninja both are very...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will there be backwards compatible for naruto broken bond and rise of ninja both are very...: I'm very interested in knowing if there will be more backwards compatible games for Xbox series X mainly the naruto ones 9def2818-eab9-44fc-af8f-600701f9daff
  4. Naruto rise of a ninja and broken bond

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Naruto rise of a ninja and broken bond: Can we please get naruto rise of a ninja and the broken bond to be backwardes compatable? Also can we get them on the store so we can buy them cause i never played it but im sure the people that...
  5. James Bond License - Microsoft Game Studios

in XboX Insiders
    James Bond License - Microsoft Game Studios: I've been an Xbox guy since the original Xbox came out. With that being said, it has been such a shame to see the Bond license languish between bouts of developer hell and simply becoming...
  6. Backwards compatible James bond

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards compatible James bond: Is there anything I could do to get James bond blood stone backwards compatible would happily pay full price (£50) on store to enjoy it again? 095c118c-5596-45ea-88b4-81f70735ca4d
  7. Retrocompatibilidade Naruto Rise of Ninja e The Broken Bond, é possível? (Mod Translation:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Retrocompatibilidade Naruto Rise of Ninja e The Broken Bond, é possível? (Mod Translation:...: Salve galera! Gostaria de levantar essa discussão a respeito dos dois games, não tive como jogar esses e gostaria deles na retro. O que acham? (Mod Translation) Save Galley! I would like to...
  8. Dark Souls Remastered - Bond of a pyromancer not unlocking

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Dark Souls Remastered - Bond of a pyromancer not unlocking: Hello guys, So, the title explains it all: i'm currently on NG+ and i have collected all the pyromancies 2 times already, but the achievment doesn't unlock. It's the only achievment missing to...
  9. Dark Souls Remastered - Bond of a pyromancer not unlocking

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dark Souls Remastered - Bond of a pyromancer not unlocking: So, the title explains it all: i'm currently on NG+ and i have collected all the pyromancies 2 times already, but the achievment doesn't unlock. It's the only achievment missing to get the final...
  10. Naruto: the Broken Bond

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Naruto: the Broken Bond: Hi everyone, i'm here to ask something: Why Naruto the broken bond is not backward compatible? It's a game I really loved and I think it deserves to be backwards compatible with xbox one. What...