I've tried two different discs of skyrim and my xbox onex wont play them it will play any...

Discus and support I've tried two different discs of skyrim and my xbox onex wont play them it will play any... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ive been having problems getting my xbox to play a disc version of Skyrim ive tried two different disc and it wont play it will however other disc.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rich Hess, Mar 15, 2023.

1. Rich Hess
    Rich Hess Guest

I've tried two different discs of skyrim and my xbox onex wont play them it will play any...

Ive been having problems getting my xbox to play a disc version of Skyrim ive tried two different disc and it wont play it will however other disc. secondary question i had a digital version of it and did an unintall reinstall and then i couild connect to bethesda.net any help would be great

:)

Rich Hess, Mar 15, 2023
  2. Rich Hess Win User

I've tried two different discs of skyrim and my xbox onex wont play them it will play any other disc however

No I could not log into Bethesda I ended up reinstalling and solved that problem. I bought a Skyrim disc because the digital crashes A LOT!!!!! So I thought I would go the disc route unfortunately it won’t read Skyrim it reads other discs just fine and finally I have two accounts on my system. Any help or advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

3. Rostom L Win User

I've tried two different discs of skyrim and my xbox onex wont play them it will play any other disc however

I appreciate all your efforts, Rich. If it's happening to the game itself only, it may be an optimization issue. You would need to directly report or contact the game support here https://help.bethesda.net/ so they can investigate the issue and fix it with their future updates.

You may as well report it to the Xbox team for further investigation. You can use the Report a problem app on your console to report that. Check the guide here https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m....

For the workaround, try to connect your console to a different network like your mobile hotspot. If you're still getting the same issue, our best option is to wait for the next system update or game update.
  4. Rostom L Win User

Thanks for the details. If you have owned it digitally, there's no need to use a game disc. When it crash, do you get any error code or error message? Does the issue happen to that game alone?

Our best option here is to power cycle your console, test your network connection, try using a different profile to isolate the issue, re-add your account, and clear your game's local data.

You can follow the full steps from this link https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubl...

If you're still experiencing the issue, it would be best that we perform a factory reset to remove potentially corrupted data on your console. There's an option to keep your games and apps.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.
    On the Reset your console? Please choose “Reset and keep my games & apps”
  5. Rich Hess Win User

I have done all of that and the game still crashes. Apparently this is a know issue I've discovered while doing all of the things suggested by you when I was on the phone with tech support. This problem of the crash only happens on Skyrim and only after reaching upper levels of the game. It does not give and error code the game locks up and then goes back to home screen. Im just trying to find some answers as to if anyone has found a work around for this yet.
  6. Rostom L Win User

Hi Rich!

May I know exactly the error message or error code you're getting there when you try to launch the game?

Also, do you use only one account or console? I am a bit confused since you owned it as well digitally and you meant you could connect to bethesa.net?

Thank you!
Thema:

1. I've tried two different discs of skyrim and my xbox onex wont play them it will play any... - Similar Threads - I've tried different

2. Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods: Game Bar will not open at all, I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. Check for updates. Run commands in Powershell. Restarted my computer numerous of times and still nothing. Does anyone...
  3. My Xbox clips are choppy and I've tried some suggestions and they don't work at all

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox clips are choppy and I've tried some suggestions and they don't work at all: So I've tried bumping up my resolution and that doesn't seem to work and I've tried to keep it at 1440 and that doesn't seem to work and I don't know what to do now....
  4. Xbox Game Bar Overlay Not Showing Up (I've tried everything)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar Overlay Not Showing Up (I've tried everything): For context, when I was playing a game I was using the game bar to talk with my friends in a party. I saw that there was an update available so I started to update it. When it was done the game...
  5. While trying to set up my Xbox 1 s it can't connect to the wifi. I've reset the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    While trying to set up my Xbox 1 s it can't connect to the wifi. I've reset the console...: When trying to set up my new Xbox 1 s it cannot connect to the wifi. I've reset the console, unplugged the consoles power, and moved the wifi router closer. 4e8e39dd-8fcf-4a1c-81c7-17fa5a2d402e
  6. My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...: So my Xbox series X console will work normal sometimes for online gaming, showing I have am Open NAT type, then out of nowhere usually in the middle of gaming, goes to Strict NAT type. Have tried...
  7. 20 min into playing games i statt having lag. I've tried 4 diff controllers.

in XBoX on Consoles
    20 min into playing games i statt having lag. I've tried 4 diff controllers.: I've tried changing the HDMI cord I tried four different controllers I've tried resetting my Xbox I reseted the game sometimes turning my controller off and on works sometimes it does not....
  8. Hi, my pc app doesnt go past the xbox logo on the black screen, i've tried updating my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, my pc app doesnt go past the xbox logo on the black screen, i've tried updating my...: Hi, my pc app doesn't go past the xbox logo on the black screen when i start it, I've tried updating my computer and switching it on/off and it still hasn't worked, it just stays open for abit...
  9. Hello, Whenever I log on to Fortnite my xbox says' "Give that another try" I've done a hard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, Whenever I log on to Fortnite my xbox says' "Give that another try" I've done a hard...: Hello, Whenever I log on to Fortnite my xbox says' "Give that another try" I've done a hard reset, and I have also reset my xbox, but that still didn't work, what should I do to fix this?...
  10. Xbox for PC won't open, I've tried almost everything

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox for PC won't open, I've tried almost everything: I had some kind of crazy stuff happen to my system last night maybe an APT attack, a lot of my .sys files were apparently being tampered with. So I ran sfc /scannow, it failed. I ran DISM, it...