I've received a replacement controller for my faulty Elite 2; but my original extended...

Discus and support I've received a replacement controller for my faulty Elite 2; but my original extended... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased a new Elite 2 Controller back in April of 2020. As it was quite expensive at the time; I thought that a 3 year extended warranty would be... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AdamPattenden, Nov 4, 2021.

1. I've received a replacement controller for my faulty Elite 2; but my original extended...

I purchased a new Elite 2 Controller back in April of 2020. As it was quite expensive at the time; I thought that a 3 year extended warranty would be useful as I had ended up with stick drift and the common rubber grip issues on the first Elite series controller.

After 15 months of use, I had a few issues come up with my Elite 2; the RB became unresponsive, and the rubber widgets for the trigger tension had come off. Thankfully, I had the warranty, so I was able to send this off and I've just received a brand new replacement device.

Logging into my Microsoft account I can see the replacement device, however, the extended warranty has not been transferred across to cover the device from the original date of purchase, and is only counting the standard factory warranty (which has now expired).

I would have expected that my extended warranty cover would still apply to this device and that any service request or fault would still be covered under that. Am I wrong? Whilst I really hope I don't have to use this again, I would still have expected it to be covered; and thus raising a new request under the warranty period is going to be a pain if it's not transferred across.

Getting hold of anyone at Microsoft to talk about this has been a nightmare; their chatbot or call service is very temperamental, and I'm always getting 'issue occurred when I enter my mobile number for a callback.

:)

AdamPattenden, Nov 4, 2021
  2. andersonpassos Win User

I've received a replacement controller for my faulty Elite 2; but my original extended warranty hasn't transferred across

Thank you for contacting us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good morning

Which store made the purchase?

See here the terms of warranty and extended warranty:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/war...
  3. thug spencer Win User

Elite Controller 2 wont work with turtle beach adapter

well i received my new replacement controller and can say it was faulty the first one as the new replacement works with the turtle beach adapter and A button is better on new one. so good for anyone to know the adapter is compatible with the elite 2 controller.
  4. Johnny Toonz Win User

Xbox Elite Controller 2 Shipping for Replacement

My xbox elite controller 2 had an issue and wasn't responding correctly so I filed a claim to receive a replacement. Now I need to ship the controller in order to receive the replacement but what do I include when I ship the controller? In the directions
    it says not to include removable parts but it is talking about the elite 1 and is not very clear.
    If part of the issue is with the removable parts place everything in a sealable bag such as a ziplock or if you have the original package still place everything back in the box and ship. If the only faulty part is the controller itself then just send the
    controller. I hope this was helpful for you in clearing up the instructions.
  5. Lt Farty Pants Win User

Xbox Series X extended warranty

Yes you can. I preordered my Series X from Best Buy. I received it Nov 11th.

Just this morning I added the Microsoft Extended warranty for $49 plus tax.

You have 45 days from purchase date to add it.

It's a great deal in that it extends the warranty out 3 years (not 3 years past initial warranty, just 3 years from registered date) and covers up to 2 controller replacements (only 1 replacement if controller is the Elite) and 1 console replacement.

Best Buy wanted $69 and only extended 2 years and included only 1 controller replacement and 1 console replacement.
  6. McDaddyTree Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 Spare Parts

Currently there are no places to buy replacements but if you have a controller that's faulty I'd go back to the store and swap it for a new one. If you have the original Elite the paddles from it work on the Elite Series 2...the thumbsticks however do
    not. It'll probably be a little bit before 3rd parties start making accessories if they do at all. There weren't a lot for the original.
Thema:

I've received a replacement controller for my faulty Elite 2; but my original extended...

1. I've received a replacement controller for my faulty Elite 2; but my original extended... - Similar Threads - I've received replacement

2. I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...: I have a vizio smarttv model v405-G9 with an Xbox series s and the game In question is dying light 2 stay human reloaded edition When I play dying light 2 my screen keeps tearing every time I...
  3. Message 0x80830003. I've read the previous answers and I just want to know if my game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Message 0x80830003. I've read the previous answers and I just want to know if my game...: My son and I play Minecraft and have progressed through the game and spent hours building. If I cleared local saved data, would it be erased? I have and X-box series S. I only have Minecraft on it...
  4. I've done all the steps and it still wont let me reply or make a group

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I've done all the steps and it still wont let me reply or make a group: it won't let me make or reply to groups even though I did all the things it told me to do 70db31d5-bf8a-4594-b5f6-e886e38f2021
  5. Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods: Game Bar will not open at all, I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. Check for updates. Run commands in Powershell. Restarted my computer numerous of times and still nothing. Does anyone...
  6. I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...

in XBoX on Windows
    I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...: I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly installed on Xbox went fine then when restarted it came up with a screen to put letters in the app to connect...
  7. I have a message saying I've accumulated enough points to redeem a $25 gift card but does...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a message saying I've accumulated enough points to redeem a $25 gift card but does...: I have a message saying I've accumulated enough points to redeem a $25 gift card but does not show me a 25 character code wat does this mean 5fe8e417-47fe-4cce-a0a8-57ad3395a992
  8. I've brought the vault upgrade from xbox store for the series x and have received nothing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've brought the vault upgrade from xbox store for the series x and have received nothing...: I've purchased the mwIII vault upgrade but received nothing at all no skins guns anything my game updated and yet still nothing I purchased it off the xbox store it says I own the pack however...
  9. I've bought auric cells but haven't received them

in XBoX on Windows
    I've bought auric cells but haven't received them: I have bought auric cells 1,100 on dead by daylight yesterday and I haven't received them but it still took my money. I contacted BHVR support team but it hasn't been done yet and from what I've...
  10. I've been charged twice for game I haven't received I want a refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've been charged twice for game I haven't received I want a refund: Brought a game didn't install ,tried again didn't install charged me twice still didn't install 9b5f84ed-dd7c-4bf9-88a1-ce1913436b81