I've previously purchased minecraft windows 10 edition, then got a new PC. Can i redownload...

Discus and support I've previously purchased minecraft windows 10 edition, then got a new PC. Can i redownload... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So a few years ago, I bought Minecraft bedrock on PC. This PC broke a few years later, and I got a new one, but didn't download Minecraft back onto it.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Daniel Hipkiss, Dec 24, 2022.

1. I've previously purchased minecraft windows 10 edition, then got a new PC. Can i redownload...

So a few years ago, I bought Minecraft bedrock on PC. This PC broke a few years later, and I got a new one, but didn't download Minecraft back onto it. Now the Microsoft store is saying that I need to pay for Minecraft again, even though I have already bought it. Is there any way I can redownload Minecraft without having to pay for it?

:)

Daniel Hipkiss, Dec 24, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

I've previously purchased minecraft windows 10 edition, then got a new PC. Can i redownload it without paying for it again?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

You don't need to pay for the game again as long as you're signed in under the correct account where you purchased the game. Please sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders, if it's not showing from there please check all Microsoft accounts that you own. Once you found the transaction you can simply sign-in on the Microsoft Store App as well as Xbox App using the account.
  3. Miss Bijoux Win User

Minecraft redeem

Hey EVERE5T15 -

To answer your question - Yes, you will have to purchase Minecraft for Windows 10 again, in spite of owning it on Xbox consoles. The PC version of Minecraft was the original one before Microsoft purchased Minecraft from Mojang so it's not one of our Play
    Anywhere titles.

That said, if you previously owned Minecraft on PC or on Mac,
    you can get a free copy for Windows 10

Let us know if you have any further support related questions. :)
  4. ArminatorX Win User

xbox play anywhere on minecraft

I own minecraft "windows 10 edition" on xbox one but isn't availabile on windows 10....
    There is no "Windows 10 Edition" on the Xbox One.

On the Xbox One, there was a "Minecraft Xbox One Edition" but that has been replaced with just "Minecraft".

As the others already said, "Minecraft" is not a Play Anywhere title, so owning "Minecraft" on the Xbox One, doesn't give you "Minecraft Windows 10 Edition" on the PC.

However, if you own Minecraft Java Edition on PC, you can log into your Mojang Account on PC, and can get a code for the Windows 10 Version.
  5. Kinglez Win User

My account was charged for game pass for pc and it says i have it but i cant play Minecraft Java

As previously noted. Microsoft owns Minecraft, however Minecraft Java is not a Microsoft or Xbox game. The PC equivalent is “Minecraft Windows 10 edition” the Java version is a separate game not part of Minecraft bedrock, their-for not cross play with other devices.

Xbox owns W10 edition not Java edition
  6. Para Dox7 Win User

I don't have access to my Minecraft anymore?

- "Have you checked your order history if the Minecraft Xbox One edition was purchased on there before?"
    - As I stated in the original post, I purchased the Xbox One S 'Minecraft Edition.' I own the game through a digital code.

- "The PC version was provided as a code I believe so you can redeem that to any account."
    - The code in my purchase history simply says "Minecraft for Windows." If it was a PC-only code, then why was I able to still access Minecraft Windows edition on my Xbox previously, but cannot do so now? The way I see it: I got a game with my Xbox to play on my Xbox, Microsoft buys up Mojang, gives me a code to play Minecraft on my PC, then takes away all forms of me playing Minecraft on my Xbox. Does this make sense?
Thema:

I've previously purchased minecraft windows 10 edition, then got a new PC. Can i redownload...

1. I've previously purchased minecraft windows 10 edition, then got a new PC. Can i redownload... - Similar Threads - I've previously purchased

2. I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...: I have a vizio smarttv model v405-G9 with an Xbox series s and the game In question is dying light 2 stay human reloaded edition When I play dying light 2 my screen keeps tearing every time I...
  3. Message 0x80830003. I've read the previous answers and I just want to know if my game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Message 0x80830003. I've read the previous answers and I just want to know if my game...: My son and I play Minecraft and have progressed through the game and spent hours building. If I cleared local saved data, would it be erased? I have and X-box series S. I only have Minecraft on it...
  4. I've done all the steps and it still wont let me reply or make a group

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I've done all the steps and it still wont let me reply or make a group: it won't let me make or reply to groups even though I did all the things it told me to do 70db31d5-bf8a-4594-b5f6-e886e38f2021
  5. Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods: Game Bar will not open at all, I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. Check for updates. Run commands in Powershell. Restarted my computer numerous of times and still nothing. Does anyone...
  6. I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...

in XBoX on Windows
    I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...: I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly installed on Xbox went fine then when restarted it came up with a screen to put letters in the app to connect...
  7. I have a message saying I've accumulated enough points to redeem a $25 gift card but does...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a message saying I've accumulated enough points to redeem a $25 gift card but does...: I have a message saying I've accumulated enough points to redeem a $25 gift card but does not show me a 25 character code wat does this mean 5fe8e417-47fe-4cce-a0a8-57ad3395a992
  8. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  9. It's not my controller s, I've bought new ones, my axis from left to right swings too much,...

in XBoX on Windows
    It's not my controller s, I've bought new ones, my axis from left to right swings too much,...: It's not my controller s, I've bought new ones, my axis from left to right swings too much, it's happening in my games and everywhere else, how do I fix it? I think it is my console...
  10. Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?: I was playing Siege and got invited to a party by my team. I did not respond due to my 9 month old son being asleep and not wanting to talk. Skip forward and we lost a round and I received 15...