I've never seen a controller do this.

Discus and support I've never seen a controller do this. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm an avid PC user. Been using mouse and keyboard for years now. But I've got a very small handful of games that could warrant a controller, so about... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Relatively Shady, Dec 3, 2022.

1. I've never seen a controller do this.

I'm an avid PC user. Been using mouse and keyboard for years now. But I've got a very small handful of games that could warrant a controller, so about 8 or so months ago I picked up an Xbox Series X controller for about $60. No problems came up what-so-ever for months, until about an hour ago.

I was playing Need For Speed Heat as I hadn't messed about with it in ages, so I reinstalled it the other day to play it, only a couple hours in suddenly the game wasn't detecting the controller. It was when I noticed the controller was no longer on. Note, I have to use a USB cable to play with this thing due to not having wireless connectivity on my PC. Initially I tried to just plug it back in, nothing happened, so I even tired to get batteries in the thing, expecting maybe the cable was acting up (even though it's only a couple of months old and very barely used) but again the controller wasn't turning on. Power cycling I found to also be a dead end. I had also noticed that it's now beginning to make a quiet buzzing noise that never existed until now when plugged in, and the buzzing gets louder when the sync or home buttons are pressed.

The controller's about 8 months old, warranty expired 3 months ago, I've genuinely only used this controller barely more than a dozen times, maybe an elapsed total of 30-40 hours I've handled it, and I've got no way of fixing it and I can't obtain another one. So I'm basically stuck with an expensive paperweight that's almost never even been touched and is in incredible condition. I even keep it in the box it came in when not in use as to not expose it to anything.
    I've had an Xbox 360 controller last me 4 years before it began wearing down.
    I've even got a twin brother with his own Series X controller that's lasted him way over a year under very heavy use.

:)

Relatively Shady, Dec 3, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, well
    Maybe was just a bad coincidence for this specific controller

Sadly in this situation the best option for you is get the device repaired in the closest authorized electronic repair shop or where original parts are used
    Probably something’s going on with the control board
  3. Relatively Shady Win User

Okay, my intentions were to get help with a clearly dysfunctional controller.

But I'm being linked to a page that tells me to send the same feedback for the same issue, on a service where I'll get no potential diagnosis on possible causes for a controller dying after miniscule use. Not that it would mean much as I would prefer to have some way of getting something done with a $60 piece of gear -- 8 months, literally next to no use, and now it no longer works. Especially since I have no way, again, of getting a working controller or getting this one even looked at. I'm not just going to explain that the controllers need something done about them if this is happening -- I was hoping to get something figured out with why mine has done what it did.

Controllers aren't supposed to die when you barely use them. It's incredibly disheartening. If I knew these controllers did this, I wouldn't have wasted my money.

Also, what's the point in somehow being unable to send feedback to the same company that owns this website, that also allows users to report issues with Xbox and its accessories, when I still have to go somewhere else to report the issue. I should be capable of reporting issues with Microsoft under the support tab in this website under the same exact name.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this Relatively

I personally I’ve never experienced any controller issues (and I have 5 controllers, the first purchased more than 1 year ago and still working, and I play everyday)

Reading your post description it seems definitely to be an issue with the controller itself.
    But just to cover everything from your side:

You said that your PC doesn’t support Bluetooth, in that case please try pairing the controller with a mobile phone and test from there

Or, if you have another PC in your house (or a friend’s PC) try connecting your controller there to see if something similar happens or if indeed the controller works
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, as I mentioned this forum is public viewing and unfortunately as independent consultants we have no way to provide feedbacks of this type to Microsoft.

I personally have some microsoft controls and have never given me any problems.

As the control's Bluetooth connectivity with the PC specifically refers to, try to reverse the control firmware.

My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Another test you could perform would be to connect your Bluetooth controller to some mobile phone for example and test XCloud to see if it has connectivity issues.
  6. Relatively Shady Win User

I'd expect direct feedback to be a thing Microsoft would take into account and allow their consultants to do.
    And did you miss the part where I mentioned how I can't wirelessly connect my controller to my PC as I don't own a Bluetooth adapter and that my controller is completely dead? Firmware won't fix a controller that no longer works and buzzes at you when power is ran through it. This is clearly a hardware issue.

Unlike other companies (Sony Playstation). I've never had a single issue with any Microsoft or Xbox products, that be from the Windows OS, to any consoles and even every controller I've owned lasted years before they wore down. But this one in particular, which is my least used controller ever, shorted on me while in use. As mentioned prior, 8 months or not, the controller is in immaculate condition, and hasn't been used for more than 40 hours total because I really barely need to use it -- they shouldn't die the way mine did. If the controller was several years old with much more use on it, it'd make sense, but this doesn't.

Using the feedback hub (as I don't own an Xbox to use any more direct feedback features it has) won't solve anything as getting potential answers on there is a roadblock. Same for using Bluetooth on a mobile device, which I've done before when trying cloud streaming with Forza Horizon 4, but if the controller won't power cycle with batteries in it or a cable running though, testing connectivity issues makes no sense. It's not a connection issue, it's just finding out what has caused my controller to entirely stop working.

I've had worse happen with more expensive products (Playstation being an great example), things happen, but this still makes no sense and isn't a warrantable outcome.
Thema:

1. I've never seen a controller do this. - Similar Threads - I've never controller

2. I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...: I have a vizio smarttv model v405-G9 with an Xbox series s and the game In question is dying light 2 stay human reloaded edition When I play dying light 2 my screen keeps tearing every time I...
  3. Message 0x80830003. I've read the previous answers and I just want to know if my game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Message 0x80830003. I've read the previous answers and I just want to know if my game...: My son and I play Minecraft and have progressed through the game and spent hours building. If I cleared local saved data, would it be erased? I have and X-box series S. I only have Minecraft on it...
  4. I've done all the steps and it still wont let me reply or make a group

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I've done all the steps and it still wont let me reply or make a group: it won't let me make or reply to groups even though I did all the things it told me to do 70db31d5-bf8a-4594-b5f6-e886e38f2021
  5. Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods: Game Bar will not open at all, I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. Check for updates. Run commands in Powershell. Restarted my computer numerous of times and still nothing. Does anyone...
  6. I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...

in XBoX on Windows
    I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...: I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly installed on Xbox went fine then when restarted it came up with a screen to put letters in the app to connect...
  7. I have a random verify email on my account that I've never used before

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a random verify email on my account that I've never used before: I'm trying to use Microsoft rewards but when I try to redeem on my account it asks for Verfication on my email that starts with "NO" witch I've never used kr seen before so I need help...
  8. Why am I out of changes even though I've never touched the offline permissions settings in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I out of changes even though I've never touched the offline permissions settings in...: I wanted to play Starfield offline, but couldn't because I needed to turn on offline permissions. When I went to turn it on, I saw that I've reached the limit of 3 changes in a year. What? I've...
  9. payment issue I've never had before

in XBoX Games and Apps
    payment issue I've never had before: i received an email today stating my order for preorder of Starfield didn't go through. it said i needed to update my card info. my normal monthly xbox live is charged on that same card and i have...
  10. I've never changed my microsoft gaming gamertag, yet I'm being charged to change it

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've never changed my microsoft gaming gamertag, yet I'm being charged to change it: I've been trying to change my gamertag on microsoft gaming from the one I've used since I've made the account. I'm aware that the first change should be free, but it's not giving me the option....