ive never changed my gamertag before, but it wont let me change it for free. Help?

Discus and support ive never changed my gamertag before, but it wont let me change it for free. Help? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've had this microsoft account for a couple of years now, and the same is with my gamertag. I don't like the one that was randomly generated for me,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by duskyhusky, May 28, 2023.

1. duskyhusky
    duskyhusky Guest

ive never changed my gamertag before, but it wont let me change it for free. Help?

I've had this microsoft account for a couple of years now, and the same is with my gamertag. I don't like the one that was randomly generated for me, and whenever i've tried to change it, it keeps asking me for a payment method saying that it'll cost 9.99 to change. I don't have 10 dollars to change a digital tag. Anyone else having this problem? Or have it solved?

:)

duskyhusky, May 28, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

It wasnt chosen for you

A random gamertag is color fuffly animal and a random set of numbers do

Pinkrabbit3578 would be a random gamertag

Not what you have

It may have been a suggestion based on your previous entries but that's not a random gamertag
  3. Smwutches Win User

The free change is only given if you were given a randomly generated tag when you created your account and are changing that for the first time. If you chose your tag when you created your account, that was your free change.
  4. Tarnend Win User

Gametag was changed for being against the rules.

When i was forced a gamertag change it then let me change it again for free to something that i chose to, are you sure it wont let you make a free gamertag change now its been a forced change?
  5. AndyGodin Win User

Account Security

no im getting a diff message and it wont let me change my email ive talked to customer support and it still wont let me change my *** email
  6. xXxBalsacxXx69 Win User

Force gamertag change

my gamer tag has been changed [Mod Removed] to prettyfoal39458 ive talked to several ms people and they all few that it was not offensive i have had this name previously for four years and have never had a problem before i have used my last
    name as my gamertag before as u check into my account its so close to my gamertag that had been change i dont feel that my gamertag was offensicve at all i find it personally more offensive for you guys to change my name to somthing terrible and not even give
    me a free name change please contact me for help
Thema:

1. ive never changed my gamertag before, but it wont let me change it for free. Help? - Similar Threads - ive never changed

2. house flipper will start loading, then stop and never finish, ive tried uninstalling, and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    house flipper will start loading, then stop and never finish, ive tried uninstalling, and...: i want to know why it wont open because i purchased it, i shouldn’t need gamepass to play. e9858919-0189-400e-8d5a-41311d7d748c
  3. Ive never seen anything like this. Is this a serious problem and how do I fix it.. this...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ive never seen anything like this. Is this a serious problem and how do I fix it.. this...: Theres something wrong with the colors of my screen and theres black streaks on certain white images and I also cant connect to the internet. Like it's not even showing me any networks but on my...
  4. My xbox app will suddenly crash and never open again ive factory reset my pc and thats the...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox app will suddenly crash and never open again ive factory reset my pc and thats the...: ill be playing a game like normal then the game crashes and my xbox app wont open again. it sits on the initial loading screen forever f16946b6-be05-452d-a954-7978399ee964
  5. How to log into account when mojang claims ive never bought the game

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to log into account when mojang claims ive never bought the game: I don't have the transaction ID so I cant put in a support ticket. I have the email and even reset my password but nothing works. The website allows me to login but its an empty account that...
  6. Receiving notifications for getting achievements for games ive never played

in XBoX on Mobile
    Receiving notifications for getting achievements for games ive never played: I've been receiving notifications for achievements for games ive never played and its freaking me out 7cc36e91-bdbd-4cd0-94ff-95b1ffcce8f7
  7. Banned from a game ive never played.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Banned from a game ive never played.: Hello, i recently downloaded a game on Xbox (Neverwinter) and when i started the game an error message popped up saying that i am banned from this game. I have tried contacting Xbox support by...
  8. Ive got a gamerscore of 32 thousand and never received any rewards

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Ive got a gamerscore of 32 thousand and never received any rewards: ive got a gamerscore of 33 thousand and have never received a reward 83a790b7-1e2a-4b0e-9190-a6d2b821da9e
  9. ive been a member sine 12/2010 and i never get rewards

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    ive been a member sine 12/2010 and i never get rewards: i want to know whats wrong with my account i never get rewards and ive been a member forever. ive bought the xbox one s gears addition and i get xbox gold every 3 months and i buy stuff all the...
  10. Banned for a reason what ive never done.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Banned for a reason what ive never done.: Ok ive been for 12 hours now, ive checked my email and the enforcements on my account and its on about game dvr and how my content is sexual, abusive, ect. but ive checked my content and the code...