I’ve lost my storage space!

Discus and support I’ve lost my storage space! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve just recently done the 2017 Fall Update and my Xbox now states that I only have 2GB of space free (99.4%), whereas before the update I had almost... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ManLikeAndo, Oct 19, 2017.

1. ManLikeAndo
    ManLikeAndo Guest

I’ve just recently done the 2017 Fall Update and my Xbox now states that I only have 2GB of space free (99.4%), whereas before the update I had almost 2TB and my storage space was about about 60% more or less, the update itself wasn’t that big, does anyone
    know how I can fix this so I have my storage space back again?

:)

ManLikeAndo, Oct 19, 2017
  2. o iTz EpiC
    o iTz EpiC Guest
    Lost Gamerscore but show unlocked achievements when open game! What is going on????!

Lost Gamerscore but show unlocked achievements when open game! What is going on????! I’ve lost over 50,000 gamerscore when I transfer my account to a Xbox one console! I’ve worked hard for those points

o iTz EpiC, Oct 19, 2017
  3. Xbox ruined my external hardrive

I have a 2TB Seagate external hardrive, it was working well when all of a sudden my xbox updated and now my xbox wont recognise my Seagate!!! I’ve lost all my games because of Xbox’s basic crap storage will only allow me to have like 8 games downloaded now
    I can’t play any of my games!! Im so mad right now!!

ZaP Tag N Bag, Oct 19, 2017
  4. I’ve lost my storage space!

What exactly is using up all that space?

Did you mark the checkbox in the Backup settings where you
    download the 4K content
    for any compatible game you have installed? Those 4K patches can be quite hefty in size, and will automatically download.

Internet Expert, Oct 19, 2017
  5. Internet Expert Win User

What exactly is using up all that space?

Did you mark the checkbox in the Backup settings where you
    download the 4K content
    for any compatible game you have installed? Those 4K patches can be quite hefty in size, and will automatically download.
  6. ooD0C H0L1DAYoo Win User

Lost storage space

Plug in your external harddrive into a pc and check to see if it there in not you can wipe the harddrive.
  7. schnurren Win User

Lost storage space

Hello Dop3 Knivez,

That behaviour sure looks strange regarding the External Storage sounds strange.

But from these 354GBs you are telling us, I imagine you have an original XBox One 500GBs, true?

If that is the case, no one stole 354GBs, Xbox needs some space for all the things that needs to do.

By "reset my xbox completely" you meant a Factory Reset?

In case you don't, I would recommend doing one ( https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults )
    , and formatting your external hard drive (as maybe something was corrupted in there). You will need to redownload everything, but at least if you are able to have a game downloaded to it, that is good enough.

Also, maybe your external drive is defectve or dying, if the drive keeps doing weird stuff, start thinking in aquiring a new one.
  8. Saeleth Win User

Download restarting without error message at 79% ?

It could possibly be a storage space issue, double check to ensure your have enough free space on your xbox hard drive, I’ve run into that same issue before.
  9. Super Crisco Win User

Lost around 40 GB of storage space.

I did download some DLC for both Mass Effect and LA Noire but it definitely wasn't that much. No downloaded avatars though. I've deleted a few games from my console, I can always download them again and I've got back up to 20 gb free space but I'm still
    missing about 10gb.
Thema:

1. I’ve lost my storage space! - Similar Threads - I’ve lost storage

2. how do i claim my goal once i’ve got 100%

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i claim my goal once i’ve got 100%: how do i claim my goal once i’ve got 100% a27c1dac-f1fe-4bc5-a2ad-4fab93ec46c1
  3. Worst update I’ve ever experienced.

in XboX Insiders
    Worst update I’ve ever experienced.: So many issues and no matter how much you report them they never get fixed. Just a huge focus on useless cloud gaming features that core features like party chat are left broken for months. It’s...
  4. What is going on here? I’ve tried new cables, different tvs, everything you can think of....

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is going on here? I’ve tried new cables, different tvs, everything you can think of....: [img] What is happening here? 48ff655b-ac76-4889-b415-240d09c47f5e
  5. You banned me WRONGFULLY. And you won’t let me appeal even though I’ve done nothing wrong....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    You banned me WRONGFULLY. And you won’t let me appeal even though I’ve done nothing wrong....: I have proof in screenshots. But you refuse to be contacted. Unban me and make this up to me now please. 33b8b51c-a2ad-45da-84ce-3ec8b8555ed7
  6. My UPNP says it’s been unsuccessful I’ve tried turning it off and on again on my router but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My UPNP says it’s been unsuccessful I’ve tried turning it off and on again on my router but...: I have been having this issue for a week. I couldn’t find any multiplayer games . On my setting it’s says my upnp is unsuccessful. I have went into my router’s configuration and disables this and...
  7. My game crashed while trying to exfil from MWZ and I’ve lost everything, is there a way to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game crashed while trying to exfil from MWZ and I’ve lost everything, is there a way to...: Can I get my stuff back from the game crashing at exfil? f821e806-4152-4219-a2f4-a1c005f97031
  8. Is there anyway to get my account back after I’ve lost the email and phone number

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there anyway to get my account back after I’ve lost the email and phone number: I made the account in 2015 and sold my Xbox now I have a Xbox account I want my account back but can’t get it due to having a new email and number any help will be appreciated...
  9. I’ve lost my xbox account any way i can get it back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I’ve lost my xbox account any way i can get it back?: So recently my xbox has been acting up really bad, like i cant go to my games and apps it just freezes and i cant do anything, i cant see my friends list, it says i have 0 friends when i have many...
  10. I lost my Xbox password and I’ve tried every method to get my password back

in XBoX Accessibility
    I lost my Xbox password and I’ve tried every method to get my password back: I want to get my Xbox Microsoft Xbox password back and I can’t do it with email and phone verification because that’s on an old phone I tried the other verification method but still said that...