it wont let me select a drive for install on pc, please help

Discus and support it wont let me select a drive for install on pc, please help in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have looked everywhere and cannot find a solution, As you can see it says unknown available for the selected drive however i have 2 drives which... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by tmr191, Jun 6, 2021.

1. tmr191
    tmr191 Guest

I have looked everywhere and cannot find a solution,

As you can see it says unknown available for the selected drive however i have 2 drives which work fine for all other apps i use.

I cannot select a install destination in the settings of this xbox app either

it wont let me select a drive for install on pc, please help [​IMG]

thank you,

:)

tmr191, Jun 6, 2021
  2. NarcoSKY Win User

Try It!

[​IMG]
  3. tmr191 Win User

thank for the advice but i have already tried that and it didnt work :(

i have 400gb of space on each drives, i have also tried an external storage .
  4. Mr. Trust_A Win User

Hi tmr191,

Sorry for the issue. I will try my little best to help you as a fellow gamer.

Try changing the default location for new apps in Windows to your preferred HDD location and then try installing the game again.

Go to Settings -> System -> Storage -> Change where new content is saved (under 'More Storage Settings'). Change the setting "New Apps will install to:" to the drive you want to use.

Make sure you have some free space on your drive. If not, try cleaning up your disk to create more space.

Post back if you need more help.

Regards,
  5. NiKki NiNe Win User

Transferring Installed Games from one External HD to another External HD?

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I'm not having any success with this. Let me explain again so theyre no confusions...

I recently installed ALL of my games (from physical original discs) onto one hexternal hard drive. I want to now copy the contents onto a dofferent external drive. It will only copy over the games i have downloaded from the xbox store and wont let me copy
    any of the installed discs. When i try to copy one game at a time it "Some Items were skipped. To see what they were, go to Settings......." It wont move the disc-installed games.

Is this normal? Is there any way i can copy to entire drive on my PC? It wont read either drive when i plug them into my Windows 10 PC for some reason...

Thanks for the help.
  6. Nick_A_539 Win User

Cannot install games on D drive says it is not formated to NTFS.

I haven't tried preloading Outer Worlds yet, but all other games won't install to my secondary hard drive, giving this same error. Also tried setting the default as described.

EDIT: Oddly some games will default to my secondary drive and allow me to use it, while others wont? For example, Abzu lets me install anywhere. But Void Bastards would not let me select my other drive. Bizarre.
Thema:

1. it wont let me select a drive for install on pc, please help - Similar Threads - wont let select

2. I've done all the steps and it still wont let me reply or make a group

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I've done all the steps and it still wont let me reply or make a group: it won't let me make or reply to groups even though I did all the things it told me to do 70db31d5-bf8a-4594-b5f6-e886e38f2021
  3. some reason the audio for my stream is muted and it wont let me fix it, its honestly quite...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    some reason the audio for my stream is muted and it wont let me fix it, its honestly quite...: I was putting up stream and usually ill re set it to get this to work but now it flat out wont work. Everytime i go like its muted and wont let me unmute the stream. I dont know what to do....
  4. Need help and xbox customer sevice wont let me talk to anyone they deem my issue no worthy...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help and xbox customer sevice wont let me talk to anyone they deem my issue no worthy...: My console (xbox series x) isnt responding to my controller properly the sticks work the home menu button works but when i try to press a on something or b to back out no response ive done a full...
  5. My seagate hard drive wont let me play sreies x optimised games.

in XBoX on Windows
    My seagate hard drive wont let me play sreies x optimised games.: As stated in title my seagate hard drive, (1tb black brick with a green led light) wont let me play series x optismised games anymore. As the internal hard drive is really small this hard drive...
  6. I recently purchased a lg 27gl83 a-b and my xbox series x wont let me select 120hz for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently purchased a lg 27gl83 a-b and my xbox series x wont let me select 120hz for...: Any information is helpful as I have tried various settings on the monitor and xbox series x. I am trying to use 1440p at 120 hz. 793a1ab1-cd00-45fa-8f94-c46cc58eb960
  7. XBox app wont let me select drive to save game in.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox app wont let me select drive to save game in.: I have 2 drives on my PC: Drive C (windows installation drive) and Drive D my general drive for photos and games for EA,Epic,Steam. Problem is that the Xbox app says my D drive is not formatted...
  8. xbox app (pc) Wont let me select my disk drive

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app (pc) Wont let me select my disk drive: [img] When i select ''Set it as your location for where new apps are saved''. I set them all to Disk E and when the option telling me to delete apps comes up it says... [img] Please help i just...
  9. mini-menu and home menu bug, wont let me select anything

in XboX Insiders
    mini-menu and home menu bug, wont let me select anything: the mini-menu and home menus wont allow me to click on anything, and when i open the menus, they just scroll all the way down like if i had stick drift, except it wont let me go up at all (i dont...
  10. Console keeps moving automatically to "Store" page, it wont let me select ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console keeps moving automatically to "Store" page, it wont let me select ...: My console was working ok, but suddenly it just let me go through the configuration menu. I cannot access the "Start" menu since it moves automatically to "Store" page. Please help. I dont know...