It says "The Person who bought this needs to be signed in" and I can't launch my games.

Discus and support It says "The Person who bought this needs to be signed in" and I can't launch my games. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Topic. Whenever I try to launch a game like Overwatch I directly get a message that says "The Person who bought this needs to be signed in", with a few... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Yas Z1, Apr 1, 2023.

1. Yas Z1
    Yas Z1 Guest

It says "The Person who bought this needs to be signed in" and I can't launch my games.

Topic. Whenever I try to launch a game like Overwatch I directly get a message that says "The Person who bought this needs to be signed in", with a few options like "See in Microsoft store", "Cancel" and "Launch Troubleshooter".

This is very annoying. It says online I have to make my Xbox my home Xbox to fix it but the checkmark won't appear when I press on that option!

:)

Yas Z1, Apr 1, 2023
  2. Tommy O'Hara Win User

Can this be a disabled setting if there is multiple accounts

(Example: Bought "Jurassic World Evolution 2" on my account, but 1 DLC the "Dominion Biosyn Expansion", was bought on my brothers account, NOTE: I originally had an XBOX One and this issue did not persist until getting the XBOX Series X, now whenever I want to play JWE2, I have to log into my brothers account and switch back to mine to activate its ownership, another note, my family bought the DLC a few days after release and we JUST got back from Tenerife, so it was 20:00 local time, and it was a busy night, my brother had a friend over to practice for a school talent show and I was very tired so I just picked an account and bought it)
  3. Yas Z1 Win User

Hi Rostom,

After I tried to remove the account it wouldn't do anything when I pressed +Add New.

Luckily your last solution to reset the console worked and I'm now able to launch the games!

Thank you so much for your kind help!

Yas
  4. Yas Z1 Win User

Hi Rostom!

I have an Xbox Series S. The issue occurs with all my games not just Overwatch!
  5. Rostom L Win User

Perfect! You're very welcome. I am glad that everything is working now.

Thank you for your patience and time here in the community.

Take care!
  6. Rostom L Win User

Thanks for confirming. Please confirm on your account order history https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/ if your game orders are being shown there as completed. That is to verify that you owned those games digitally under the current account you're using. Once checked, visit https://account.xbox.com/Profile to confirm if the account is linked with your correct Xbox profile.

If everything is on the right account, let's re-add your account.

Note: Before doing these steps, please make sure that you know exactly the email address linked with your gamertag and the password to it so you can add the correct account again.

1. Remove account:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm. When you're finished, select Close.

2. Power cycle:
    Press and hold Xbox's power button for 10 sec. Unplug the power supply for 30 sec. Plug it back in and turn it on again.

3. Add account:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new.

Enter the email address for the Microsoft account that you want to add, and then select Enter.

If that doesn't work, I suggest that we perform a factory reset.
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.
    On the Reset your console? Please choose “Reset and keep my games & apps”
Thema:

1. It says "The Person who bought this needs to be signed in" and I can't launch my games. - Similar Threads - says Person bought

2. Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...: I followed the directions on the game and when I went to the Xbox code and went on my console it didn’t work it’s said it had already Been used and it was 1,000 vbuck on that card that I can’t use...
  3. When i turn on my xbox, the tv says that there is no signal. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When i turn on my xbox, the tv says that there is no signal. What do i do?: I have this xbox since december and it hasnt given me any problem until this morning, when the xbox turned on but there was no image reflected. I tried changing the hdmi wire to different ports...
  4. Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.: I have been trying to log into my account for a couple of days now and I still cant get in. It keeps telling me im not connected to the internet but my router is working fine. I have tried...
  5. My Xbox one X is connected to the internet, but says i'm not connected to the Xbox network.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one X is connected to the internet, but says i'm not connected to the Xbox network.: My xbox X has not been used in 6 weeks. I turned it on today and it said I it was August 2019, though it had been used previously in 2024. I connected to the internet after chaanging the date...
  6. My profile won’t pull up on Xbox for me or friends. Says sorry try again.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My profile won’t pull up on Xbox for me or friends. Says sorry try again.: So after the update that put the chat and group options on the right of your friends list when I try to pull up my profile link on Xbox one x for myself or even press A on friends in friend list...
  7. My Xbox is saying this console supports wpa2/wpa3 personal and the others but I don’t know...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is saying this console supports wpa2/wpa3 personal and the others but I don’t know...: My Xbox is saying this console supports wpa2/wpa3 personal and the others but I don’t know how to fix it I’ve tried and it’s saying to fix my router security protocol...
  8. Why does my console keep saying “the person who bought this needs to sign in” even though...

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my console keep saying “the person who bought this needs to sign in” even though...: I’m at college trying to set up my Xbox in the dorm and it said my internet connection was fine, and I’m signed in, but when I try to start any game it just says that the person who bought it...
  9. A sad person got my ip and is saying he will console ban me what should I do if he does

in XBoX on Consoles
    A sad person got my ip and is saying he will console ban me what should I do if he does: If I get console banned by someone not at Microsoft can I get unbanned 8062aebe-5a45-4ac3-a81f-44886ee80386
  10. What can i do when it says "The person who bought this needs to sign in" and im the one who...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What can i do when it says "The person who bought this needs to sign in" and im the one who...: What can i do when it says "The person who boght this needs to sign in" when i'm the one who bought it db9c7438-0961-4bb8-817e-90e1fb4a20a7