It says play game but when i press that send me back to the dashboard why?

Discus and support It says play game but when i press that send me back to the dashboard why? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i replace my old drive (because didnt read any games) so i put it (a new one) in my xbox and some games says play games and some others says play dvd... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by kirbycano98, Jun 14, 2014.

1. kirbycano98
    kirbycano98 Guest

i replace my old drive (because didnt read any games) so i put it (a new one) in my xbox and some games says play games and some others says play dvd

there are all originals and have a good condition why that happens?. PLS HELP I CANT PLAY I HAVE MONTHS WITHOUT PLAYING

:)

kirbycano98, Jun 14, 2014
  2. Elysian l
    Elysian l Guest
    Sent back to the dashboard

I had my disc tray replaced because it wasn't reading any discs. So now I've got a new disc tray, it reads the game, but it seems to think it's a different game. When I press play, it starts to load, disconnects me from live, then sends me straight back
    to the dashboard.

Elysian l, Jun 14, 2014
  3. Xbox says "play game" (no picture), when i hit play it takes me back to the dashboard

When i put in Skyrim it says "play game", and when I hit play it goes black, the disc starts spinning, but then it takes me back to the dashboard. When i put in any other game it says "play dvd", then when i hit play it tkes me to screen that eternaly says
    "XBOX" on it and nothing happens. What gives?

Uncle Chester, Jun 14, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

So these are all Xbox Originals that you are trying to play? If so here are some reasons why they may not be working.

1. The disc reader is on the fritz and may need to be repaired

2. The discs are burned copies and will not play properly

3. If it is only the originals that are not playing then the drive you are using is not an official Xbox hard drive.

onyxishere, Jun 15, 2014
  5. If this is the DVD drive that you are talking about replacing then nobody here can help you. The discussion of self repair is not allowed in the forums. If you opened up your console then microsoft will not be able to fix it for you and you will have to
    purchase another 360.

HomegrownSilky, Jun 15, 2014
  6. kirbycano98
    kirbycano98 Guest
    So there is no way to fix it?

kirbycano98, Jun 15, 2014
  7. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Sorry I misread your original post. There is no way to fix the console if you self-repaired. You will need to purchase a new one.

onyxishere, Nov 1, 2018
  8. HomegrownSilky Win User

If this is the DVD drive that you are talking about replacing then nobody here can help you. The discussion of self repair is not allowed in the forums. If you opened up your console then microsoft will not be able to fix it for you and you will have to
    purchase another 360.
  9. onyxishere Win User

Sorry I misread your original post. There is no way to fix the console if you self-repaired. You will need to purchase a new one.
  10. onyxishere Win User

So these are all Xbox Originals that you are trying to play? If so here are some reasons why they may not be working.

1. The disc reader is on the fritz and may need to be repaired

2. The discs are burned copies and will not play properly

3. If it is only the originals that are not playing then the drive you are using is not an official Xbox hard drive.
  11. kirbycano98 Win User

So there is no way to fix it?
  12. BeastAndAMidget Win User

Play Game then sends me back to dashboard.

And then when it does show up as AC IV I try installing it and I can't get passed 10%
Thema:

1. It says play game but when i press that send me back to the dashboard why? - Similar Threads - says play game

2. I want to rate a game that I played but it says “you must own this product before rating.”.

in XboX Insiders
    I want to rate a game that I played but it says “you must own this product before rating.”.: thats because theepicgamer464 bought it, and they are accounts on the same console but I want to rate, Xbox please add you can rate that you played. pls! Plz! Plsz! Plzs! submitted by...
  3. my sonic unleashed game on the xbox 360(brand new btw) isnt working, it only says, play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my sonic unleashed game on the xbox 360(brand new btw) isnt working, it only says, play...: It either has a laser burn, or something is wrong with the laser e05ab3d3-7d05-4022-a070-f96b3cbb9a3e
  4. I have Xbox game pass, but it says I need game pass still to play multiplayer games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have Xbox game pass, but it says I need game pass still to play multiplayer games: I have Xbox game pass, but it says I need game pass still to play multiplayer games what do I do in this situation? b947258f-e5fa-4992-bbf9-bff1ea0862b7
  5. Help! I own cod Cold War. When I try to play it says I have to purchase the game. When I go...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help! I own cod Cold War. When I try to play it says I have to purchase the game. When I go...: Please help. I own cod Cold War. Suddenly when I try to play it says I have to buy the game. When I go to store it says I own it. I tried re installing , switching accounts, hard resets. Nothing....
  6. in the flight simulator game, when I click play, it says we aren't connected to the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    in the flight simulator game, when I click play, it says we aren't connected to the...: Have an Xbox 1 and trying to play flight simulator. My internet is working but get this message when trying to launch a35e4800-7fef-4751-b6cc-166521c5d9e9
  7. Can't play the game (major bug) why does it do this, i have done everything it says to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't play the game (major bug) why does it do this, i have done everything it says to...: It doesn't let me play the game because when I type in my username to play the game, it shows an error: "Failed to create profile. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store with the same...
  8. I am trying to play the hive ( online game) and it keeps saying “error while downloading...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am trying to play the hive ( online game) and it keeps saying “error while downloading...: It’s on a PlayStation btw not Xbox b19d3f41-d1a4-4116-bc53-b11faead4336
  9. On roblox I can't play the game brookhaven. It's not throwing a error code it just say that...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On roblox I can't play the game brookhaven. It's not throwing a error code it just say that...: On roblox I can't play the game brookhaven. It's not throwing a error code it just says that I can't visit this experience on xbox. 6ee63f37-3510-49fc-8a3b-eaec2dc8c7d9
  10. I bought ea fc24 and I can't play it because it says that I don't own this game. can you...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought ea fc24 and I can't play it because it says that I don't own this game. can you...: I bought ea fc24 and I can't play it because it says that I don't own this game. can you help me with this? 1dc0f7a4-72d9-4b3d-94f3-16792f21bd65