It says I'm in a family, but I'm not and now Microsoft won't let me play multiplayer Minecraft.

Discus and support It says I'm in a family, but I'm not and now Microsoft won't let me play multiplayer Minecraft. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So apparently Minecraft won't let me play on servers or realms because I need to set my privacy settings, however, I can't access them because it says... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Monochrome25, Feb 12, 2022.

1. Monochrome25
    Monochrome25 Guest

It says I'm in a family, but I'm not and now Microsoft won't let me play multiplayer Minecraft.

So apparently Minecraft won't let me play on servers or realms because I need to set my privacy settings, however, I can't access them because it says that I'm in a family and can't access that. But I'm not in a family and I don't know what has happened.

:)

Monochrome25, Feb 12, 2022
  2. Monochrome25 Win User

Sorry, I was very unclear with my earlier question.

I have a Mojang account that was transferred into a Microsoft account, but when I started up Minecraft, it wouldn't let me join multiplayer, and I now I can't change my settings or check what family i'm apparently in since I'm in a family for some reason.
  3. andersonpassos Win User

I understand, that's exactly why I advised you to create a new family group, to enter this new one and leave the supposed old group, that should solve the problem.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

5. DominickBarton Win User

Microsoft and Xbox accounts seperate

Let's use minecraft as an example

Trying to select multiplayer brings up the message Multiplayer is disabled. Please check your Microsoft account settings

The issue is I can't, it leads me to a redirect saying that if you're seeing this it's because you're not allowed within your family

I've never been in a microsoft family

So when I try to check if I'm in a family, i use the same email and password and everything

But sign into a different account

It's still me, but not associated with the xbox account

What do I do

This is really annoying
  6. Cartyyyy Win User

It's saying i'm in a family

[​IMG]
    Here is a screenshot.
Thema:

1. It says I'm in a family, but I'm not and now Microsoft won't let me play multiplayer Minecraft. - Similar Threads - says I'm family

2. Xbox profile says I'm offline when I'm not

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox profile says I'm offline when I'm not: I'm playing a game on my Xbox Series X, when my profile will sudden say I'm offline e.g. Last seen 10 mins ago playing Like A Dragon Infinite Wealth even though I'm still online. This followed by...
  3. When I log into fornite it says for my mates that I'm in console voice chat only so I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I log into fornite it says for my mates that I'm in console voice chat only so I...: When I log into fornite it says for my mates I'm I'm voice chat only and i can't here anyone and they can't here me 8cd3bedc-7b6a-4db7-89b5-334581a8b774
  4. I'm being charged for Minecraft Realms, but my microsoft account says I have no subscriptions.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm being charged for Minecraft Realms, but my microsoft account says I have no subscriptions.: I used to have a Minecraft realm that would auto-renew. I never cancelled it, but last month it "expired" so it was no longer playable, even though the payment for it processed the day before...
  5. I'm downloading a game from the disk it keeps stopping part way through and saying...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm downloading a game from the disk it keeps stopping part way through and saying...: I'm downloading a game from the disk it keeps stopping part way through and saying installation stopped iv tried everything nothing is working can anyone help? 50124780-c8bd-44b4-8f61-13797324325c
  6. I'm on ps4 and minecraft says to unlock full game but i already bought it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm on ps4 and minecraft says to unlock full game but i already bought it: I haven't played mincraft in a few months but I still bought the game for the full price but now it's saying to unlock the full game even though I already bought the game...
  7. I'm trying to reinstall cod but when I press install it immediately says it needs an update...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to reinstall cod but when I press install it immediately says it needs an update...: Call of duty, trying to install while updating and saying installation stopped. I even went as far as to pretty much factory reset the Xbox and it still won't. It'll download the mw2 content pack...
  8. Says i need an internet connection but i'm connected via lan cable

in XBoX Accessibility
    Says i need an internet connection but i'm connected via lan cable: Was trying to sign into my xbox acount on my pc i go through the login like normal but once i confirm the two step it says i need an internet connection to proceed but i'm connected via lan cable....
  9. How to open old gamer tag that says offline on Xbox series s if I'm using my New gamer tag?

in XboX Insiders
    How to open old gamer tag that says offline on Xbox series s if I'm using my New gamer tag?: I recently made a new gamer profile just for racing but I have another profile on Xbox for the general public and friends . As I was setting up new profile and adding myself as a friend I typed my...
  10. I'm trying to send my partner a 14 day trial of PC Game Pass, but it says I don't have a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm trying to send my partner a 14 day trial of PC Game Pass, but it says I don't have a...: Hi, It says on my Xbox app I can send five 14 day trials for PC Game Pass to friends, so I thought I'd send one to my partner. I logged in and it states "Sorry, this offer is only available to...