It makes zero sense that game pass games ignore your language settings and just present you...

Discus and support It makes zero sense that game pass games ignore your language settings and just present you... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This is completely idiotic, i don't know how anyone can have approved this. If you're gonna look at my windows settings, don't you think it would be... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DA NECKBRE4KER, Dec 15, 2022.

1. It makes zero sense that game pass games ignore your language settings and just present you...

This is completely idiotic, i don't know how anyone can have approved this. If you're gonna look at my windows settings, don't you think it would be wise to look at my language settings to determine my preferred language instead of ignoring it and just looking at my region?

It is infuriating because then some games don't have a language setting and in order to change it you need to change your regional windows settings, which i don't care about where windows thinks i am and would just leave it as US if that solved the problem, even though it's stupid having to do that. But not even that works, because if i don't have my region, then my payment methods don't get accepted.

In order for me to use game pass on my computer, i need to change region to US every time i want to play a game that doesn't have an in game language setting. And then change it back to switzerland anytime i want to buy something. Nice...

Microsoft has been terrible about this, it's not just game pass. Bing is a mess, even the microsoft website shows me stuff half in german and half in english in some places. When i bough an xbox one at launch i was restricted to using french or german if i selected switzerland as the region so i've been playing this game of switching back and fourth between regions to have an acceptable experience with microsoft products for a decade. It is baffling. And it's not even just a preference thing. Not everyone living in switzerland even speaks those languages. Not to mention that official languages like italian were missing, even though you clearly have them for people in italy. But there are tons of immigrant who do not speak those languages or it's not their native language so they rather have something else. This is embarassing for a trillion dollar company.

:)

DA NECKBRE4KER, Dec 15, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

It makes zero sense that game pass games ignore your language settings and just present you games in a language based on your region.

Are you playing games you’ve downloaded, or are you playing via the cloud?
  3. Georges C. Win User

It makes zero sense that game pass games ignore your language settings and just present you games in a language based on your region.

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello DA, as you may know the community is public and unfortunately as independent consultants we are unable to provide this type of feedback to Microsoft.

The ideal in this case would be to use the Uservoice that now works on Insider on the Reddit platform to make this recommendation to Microsoft.

Insider Ideas

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas/

Provide feedback to Team Xbox

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  4. AsmileyFish Win User

XBOX the ONE to HATE?

XSICK you may want to edit your last post. It makes zero sense in the English language... and you're welcome.
  5. paspinall Win User

I want my arcade titles....

but why, its just the same as the physical games that makes zero sense
  6. ngocphi Win User

How to change your XBOX LIVE language?

Not sure what that is going to accomplish

1st the language of the region is set by the main language of your region

2nd having English marketplace in a region that does not support it makes little sense

If you purchase a French disk game how is having a English dlc going to help you

It's not

The language of the region of your account is set the way it is because to make sure it matches your game disks

The language of the dlc must be the same as the disk

English version of dlc cannot be published in all regions due to first localization there has to be a demand for it to cover costs for developer

So the developer is expected to pay 50000 to publish a game where only lets say 100 people buy the game in English becuse the main language is let's say French German or Italian ?

Does that really make sense?

localization isn't free It costs me 120 dollars to translate my marriage certificate to English from my native language You cannot just use a USA copy because it may not follow the local laws This is why there is different region accounts and why no server
    supports migration
Thema:

It makes zero sense that game pass games ignore your language settings and just present you...

1. It makes zero sense that game pass games ignore your language settings and just present you... - Similar Threads - makes zero sense

2. How can I make it so you can hear my voice when clipping a video

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I make it so you can hear my voice when clipping a video: My email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** or message me on Xbox gamer tag XxBROWNIExX3800 3e3865c2-7d0a-4e27-9a9f-8a15dae4bf42
  3. Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software

in XboX Insiders
    Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software: I understand the reason why your standard Xbox controller and the Xbox accessories app won't let you remap the triggers. Because certain games will be deemed either too easy or unwinnable if the...
  4. make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x: make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x 0c98e371-89d0-42b3-b2b3-9f0c23f85598
  5. Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?: I changed the password to my Microsoft account, and signed into minecraft. After signing in I wanted to recreate my character. But I lost all my accessories and need to pay for it again. But if I...
  6. If i leave my game to update for 48 or 50 hours can this do damage to CPU or make it overheat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i leave my game to update for 48 or 50 hours can this do damage to CPU or make it overheat?: Im trying to update MSFS thats a huge update but my Internet connection is slow so i need to leave my pc on for maybe about 50 hours or something and im gonna be out and stuff during the day my...
  7. Why Can’t I make payments or purchase on the Xbox or Ms store?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why Can’t I make payments or purchase on the Xbox or Ms store?: Greetings. I’m a gamer on the Xbox platform, I got my console sent to me from the US not long ago. Been trying to purchase game pass but it doesn’t allow me. I was starting to think it was a...
  8. Nat type moderate trying to make it Nat type open

in XboX Insiders
    Nat type moderate trying to make it Nat type open: Hello I’m using my iPhone 13 Pro to tether WiFi and I’m getting good speeds if I put phone by window like 250download and 40upload and -50latency but I’m in Nat type moderate and I’m trying to...
  9. i have an x box one s, and when powered off it is making an electrical ticking noise. i...

in XBoX on Windows
    i have an x box one s, and when powered off it is making an electrical ticking noise. i...: hi, i have an x box one s, and when powered off is making a faint but audible electrical ticking noise. i have checked it is in energy saving mode but is still making the noise. the noise goes...
  10. xbox makes abnormal sound when starting up

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox makes abnormal sound when starting up: The xsx host always makes an abnormal sound when it starts 29b9c94e-bfe6-456a-856a-22226a9bb10b