Issues with Xbox Seagate Hard Drive

Discus and support Issues with Xbox Seagate Hard Drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; First time posting, so let's see how this goes! OK, so for the past 3 or 4 years, I've had a Xbox Branded Seagate 2Tb External Hard Drive that I'd... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Spartan 360, Aug 15, 2020.

  1. Spartan 360
    Spartan 360 Guest

    Issues with Xbox Seagate Hard Drive


    First time posting, so let's see how this goes!

    OK, so for the past 3 or 4 years, I've had a Xbox Branded Seagate 2Tb External Hard Drive that I'd been using for my Xbox One and now Xbox One X with no issues to speak of. However yesterday, I was having issues trying to start the campaign of Gears 5 (which
    is stored on this hard drive), and these issues morphed into being unable to even load the main menu, instead being stuck in an infinite loading screen.

    While trying to get the game to work, I noticed an occasional crumpling or crunching sound coming from inside my hard drive, and shortly thereafter, the hard drive started disconnecting and reconnecting to my Xbox every several minutes. What exactly is going
    on? Is old age catching up with the hard drive? Will it need to be repaired/replaced? If so, is there a way for me to retrieve the data on the drive without having to redownload over a Terabyte of data? Any help and/or clarification would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!

    :)
     
    Spartan 360, Aug 15, 2020
    #1
    1 person likes this.
  2. Smwutches Win User

    3TB hard drive for media won't format

    Seagate hard drives are known to have issues on the 360.
  3. Smwutches Win User

    Subject : 2TB hard drive for xbox 360

    Currently there is not a list of specific hard drives that are compatible with the 360, but it seems as though Seagate hard drives are known to have issues.
  4. brandiesel1 Win User

    Seagate hard drive issue?

    Did you try changing the cable that plugs the hard drive into the console? I haven't heard of this issue so I'm not sure what's up.
  5. BeserkerWarLord Win User

    Seagate hard drive issue?

    Did you try changing the cable that plugs the hard drive into the console? I haven't heard of this issue so I'm not sure what's up.
    I went to get it fixed and found out that the needle inside the hardrive that records the data snapped off. So these hard drives are very brittle.
  6. onyxishere Win User

    xbox 360 external HDD not working. Possibly hacked?

    What brand of hard drive is it? Some drives do not play well with the Xbox console and can have frequent issues.

    Seagate and PNY drives are good examples of this.
Thema:

Issues with Xbox Seagate Hard Drive

Loading...
  1. Issues with Xbox Seagate Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Issues Seagate Hard

  2. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  3. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  4. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  5. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  6. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  7. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  8. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  9. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  10. Seagate Expansion Card Network issues.

    in XboX Insiders
    Seagate Expansion Card Network issues.: Purchased a 1GB Seagate Expansion Card to use with my Xbox Series X (Halo Edition). Everything works until my console goes to sleep or reboots, the the wired network fails and you can not connect...