Issues with XBOX Music on WindowsPhone (Nokia Lumia 1020)

Discus and support Issues with XBOX Music on WindowsPhone (Nokia Lumia 1020) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using Xbox music on my PC (through the web), creating a "collection", and several playlists. After I installed the new Xbox Music App on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WinterPlanet5, Jan 14, 2014.

  1. Issues with XBOX Music on WindowsPhone (Nokia Lumia 1020)


    I have been using Xbox music on my PC (through the web), creating a "collection", and several playlists. After I installed the new Xbox Music App on my Windows Phone (Lumia 1020), it took awhile but eventually it showed all my playlists. I have chosen
    the setting where it should download my playlist to my phone for "offline" listening, and i've also chosen the setting to not use Cell Data (I have a limited data plan) Additionally, I work in a basement of a buliding, and don't have a cell connection or
    wifi when there. I also travel sometimes and want to be able to turn my phone on "airplane" mode and listen to my playlists.
    This is why i bought Xbox music pass. Streaming over the web is free, so I wanted to be able to have it on my phone without using data or having internet connection.

    My idea was that when I'm at home on wifi, all my playlists would be downloaded to my phone so when i am in my car or at work I could play them without using cell data or wifi.

    I installed Xbox music pass on my phone at least 2 or 3 weeks ago, and it still hasn't downloaded all the songs to my phone from my playlists! How do i get it to do that? Sometimes when I log in to xbox music it will say "xx songs to download" where XX
    is a number...if I'm at home on wifi, that number usually goes down, as it downloads songs to my phone (I think).

    When I'm at home on wifi, things work (mostly) great on my phone. My playlists will play all the songs on it. (However at home I have an Xbox One & PC so I don't really need to use my phone for music!)

    When I'm in my car, I use my phone with bluetooth to listen to music. While i'm in my car, the playlists work pretty good, until there's a song that is unavailable, and it gives an error, and stops playing. In my car, it should be playing just off the
    phone, no streaming from the cloud,(which I believe it is working correctly).

    When at work and i turn my phone on airplane mode, it works terribly. Less songs are available then when in my car. The only difference in my car is that I have cell data connection (but that is turned off for Xbox music, so not sure why it makes a difference).
    While in airplane mode, most of the times i can pick one song on the playlist and it will play. after one song, it stops playing. i can then choose another song to play it, and that works, but stops after one song. It's very strange. Also, it seems like
    less songs are available and I get many errors that song isn't available. The error says "Sorry we can't play this file on your phone. Error Code: C10103E8" I have the setting for "show streaming music in my collection" turned off...so if it's showing on
    my phone, it should be on my phone. Therefore, i don't know why I would get an error?

    I realize it is a new app, and I'm sure there are many bugs that need to be fixed. But just wanted to make sure that these issues were reported and if anyone knows a way to better use these features I'd greatly appreciate it!! Thanks!!

    :)
     
    WinterPlanet5, Jan 14, 2014
    #1
  2. smart glass

    psychototo,

    I just tried it with a Nokia Lumia 1020 without any issues. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Smartglass app? Have you tried powering off the phone and then turning it back on?

    EDIT: Disregard Issues with XBOX Music on WindowsPhone (Nokia Lumia 1020) :p
     
    eG x Thee Elf, Jan 14, 2014
    #2
  3. hubbystubbs
    hubbystubbs Guest
    music pass not working

    Same issue here with my wife's nokia lumia 928. I also have a nokia lumia 928 and i made a separate xbox account and activated the music pass for mine. It didn't work. So its obviously an issue on their end.
     
    hubbystubbs, Jan 14, 2014
    #3
  4. VIGILANTE 14 Win User

    Nokia Lumia 950

    Yea, using the same account that's on my Xbox 360 and One as well as on my old Nokia Lumia 1020.

    I just unlocked an achievement in Max and the Magic Marker called Fleetfooted on my Lumia 950 and that game is on the marketplace of my Lumia 1020. Not being a delisted game I think it should count to my gamerscore but it's not. I think it's the phone itself,
    not the games.
  5. hubbystubbs Win User

    music pass not working

    Same issue here with my wife's nokia lumia 928. I also have a nokia lumia 928 and i made a separate xbox account and activated the music pass for mine. It didn't work. So its obviously an issue on their end.
  6. eG x Thee Elf Win User

    smart glass

    psychototo,

    I just tried it with a Nokia Lumia 1020 without any issues. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Smartglass app? Have you tried powering off the phone and then turning it back on?

    EDIT: Disregard :p
  7. Player864435191 Win User

    Using downloaded xbox music pass content as custom soundtrack on xbox

    I have nokia Lumia 520 in my phone nokia unlimited music subscribed.But now nokia music does not plat what is the problem plz solve this
  8. Peter Clarkson Win User

    Music Download WP8 - Xbox Store

    this is from my windows phone, a nokia lumia 920, through the xbox music store
Thema:

Issues with XBOX Music on WindowsPhone (Nokia Lumia 1020)

Loading...
  1. Issues with XBOX Music on WindowsPhone (Nokia Lumia 1020) - Similar Threads - Issues Music WindowsPhone

  2. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  3. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  4. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  5. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  6. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  7. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  8. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  9. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  10. Minecraft story mode xbox 360 sound/music issues

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft story mode xbox 360 sound/music issues: On my 360 I've been playing minecraft story mode episode one disc (obviously I have no xbox live) and I just can't hear any music in game, I can hear main menu and paused menu music but not music...

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. where can i change my xbox music settings from wifi to mobile data lumia 520