Issues with XBOX Music on WindowsPhone (Nokia Lumia 1020)

Discus and support Issues with XBOX Music on WindowsPhone (Nokia Lumia 1020) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using Xbox music on my PC (through the web), creating a "collection", and several playlists. After I installed the new Xbox Music App on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WinterPlanet5, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Issues with XBOX Music on WindowsPhone (Nokia Lumia 1020)

I have been using Xbox music on my PC (through the web), creating a "collection", and several playlists. After I installed the new Xbox Music App on my Windows Phone (Lumia 1020), it took awhile but eventually it showed all my playlists. I have chosen
    the setting where it should download my playlist to my phone for "offline" listening, and i've also chosen the setting to not use Cell Data (I have a limited data plan) Additionally, I work in a basement of a buliding, and don't have a cell connection or
    wifi when there. I also travel sometimes and want to be able to turn my phone on "airplane" mode and listen to my playlists.
    This is why i bought Xbox music pass. Streaming over the web is free, so I wanted to be able to have it on my phone without using data or having internet connection.

My idea was that when I'm at home on wifi, all my playlists would be downloaded to my phone so when i am in my car or at work I could play them without using cell data or wifi.

I installed Xbox music pass on my phone at least 2 or 3 weeks ago, and it still hasn't downloaded all the songs to my phone from my playlists! How do i get it to do that? Sometimes when I log in to xbox music it will say "xx songs to download" where XX
    is a number...if I'm at home on wifi, that number usually goes down, as it downloads songs to my phone (I think).

When I'm at home on wifi, things work (mostly) great on my phone. My playlists will play all the songs on it. (However at home I have an Xbox One & PC so I don't really need to use my phone for music!)

When I'm in my car, I use my phone with bluetooth to listen to music. While i'm in my car, the playlists work pretty good, until there's a song that is unavailable, and it gives an error, and stops playing. In my car, it should be playing just off the
    phone, no streaming from the cloud,(which I believe it is working correctly).

When at work and i turn my phone on airplane mode, it works terribly. Less songs are available then when in my car. The only difference in my car is that I have cell data connection (but that is turned off for Xbox music, so not sure why it makes a difference).
    While in airplane mode, most of the times i can pick one song on the playlist and it will play. after one song, it stops playing. i can then choose another song to play it, and that works, but stops after one song. It's very strange. Also, it seems like
    less songs are available and I get many errors that song isn't available. The error says "Sorry we can't play this file on your phone. Error Code: C10103E8" I have the setting for "show streaming music in my collection" turned off...so if it's showing on
    my phone, it should be on my phone. Therefore, i don't know why I would get an error?

I realize it is a new app, and I'm sure there are many bugs that need to be fixed. But just wanted to make sure that these issues were reported and if anyone knows a way to better use these features I'd greatly appreciate it!! Thanks!!

:)

WinterPlanet5, Jan 14, 2014
  2. smart glass

psychototo,

I just tried it with a Nokia Lumia 1020 without any issues. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Smartglass app? Have you tried powering off the phone and then turning it back on?

EDIT: Disregard Issues with XBOX Music on WindowsPhone (Nokia Lumia 1020) :p

eG x Thee Elf, Jan 14, 2014
  3. hubbystubbs
    hubbystubbs Guest
    music pass not working

Same issue here with my wife's nokia lumia 928. I also have a nokia lumia 928 and i made a separate xbox account and activated the music pass for mine. It didn't work. So its obviously an issue on their end.

hubbystubbs, Jan 14, 2014
  4. VIGILANTE 14 Win User

Nokia Lumia 950

Yea, using the same account that's on my Xbox 360 and One as well as on my old Nokia Lumia 1020.

I just unlocked an achievement in Max and the Magic Marker called Fleetfooted on my Lumia 950 and that game is on the marketplace of my Lumia 1020. Not being a delisted game I think it should count to my gamerscore but it's not. I think it's the phone itself,
    not the games.
  5. hubbystubbs Win User

music pass not working

Same issue here with my wife's nokia lumia 928. I also have a nokia lumia 928 and i made a separate xbox account and activated the music pass for mine. It didn't work. So its obviously an issue on their end.
  6. eG x Thee Elf Win User

smart glass

psychototo,

I just tried it with a Nokia Lumia 1020 without any issues. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Smartglass app? Have you tried powering off the phone and then turning it back on?

EDIT: Disregard :p
  7. Player864435191 Win User

Using downloaded xbox music pass content as custom soundtrack on xbox

I have nokia Lumia 520 in my phone nokia unlimited music subscribed.But now nokia music does not plat what is the problem plz solve this
  8. Peter Clarkson Win User

Music Download WP8 - Xbox Store

this is from my windows phone, a nokia lumia 920, through the xbox music store
Thema:

Issues with XBOX Music on WindowsPhone (Nokia Lumia 1020)

1. Issues with XBOX Music on WindowsPhone (Nokia Lumia 1020) - Similar Threads - Issues Music WindowsPhone

2. Download speed issues...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed issues...: I have a 1gb connection, wired to my Xbox x and I usually get 200-400mbps download. Lately I have only been getting 70mbps and lower, doesn't matter what time I try, morning, day, middle of the...
  3. party issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    party issue: i can see all of my friends in an open, public lobby, but when i try to join i am met with 'your xbox profile is not able to join parties'. i have never had this issue before and i havent changed...
  4. Minecraft issues & breaks

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft issues & breaks: Hi Microsoft team, In minecraft 1.20.50, 1.20.60 or up is product some problems in resource and behavior packs, like there was an add-on when I put it in my world and enter the world the game...
  5. Oh boy more game sharing issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Oh boy more game sharing issues: I'm sure you've seen something like this before. So currently my brothers game sharing with me and he has Xbox gold. But when I try to go into any online games that take gold it takes me to that...
  6. I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...: I have a vizio smarttv model v405-G9 with an Xbox series s and the game In question is dying light 2 stay human reloaded edition When I play dying light 2 my screen keeps tearing every time I...
  7. Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...: Yes dear Microsoft I’m having really bad issues with my Xbox controller having stick drift on Fortnite I’ve done shut auto run off and it still wants do this I’m on disability and can’t afford...
  8. Cloudplay issues on Android, immediately disconnects

in XboX Insiders
    Cloudplay issues on Android, immediately disconnects: On android, When I can actually get it to start it immediately disconnects, but most of the time it won't even let me log in to my main account which is the only one with ultimate, works fine on...
  9. X Box Series WiFi Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box Series WiFi Issue: Hello my guy has a X Box Series X and he's having to connect to WiFi almost everytime he cuts it on then most times it doesn't automatically connect and it makes us restart our router then it...
  10. Hello everyone sorry for disturbing you but I got a issue of my xbox console & it has been...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello everyone sorry for disturbing you but I got a issue of my xbox console & it has been...: I'm tired & I don't know what to do next maybe failure of hardware & some other conditions ba7728e6-4a71-4817-b570-f87f13f369c3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where can i change my xbox music settings from wifi to mobile data lumia 520