Issues with Xbox Music on Windows Phone 8

Discus and support Issues with Xbox Music on Windows Phone 8 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; 1. Why don't CD images embedded in MP3s display in Xbox Music but do display in the Music + Videos application? 2. Why are CD images associated with... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Peter-Studio GP, Jan 28, 2014.

  1. Issues with Xbox Music on Windows Phone 8


    1. Why don't CD images embedded in MP3s display in Xbox Music but do display in the Music + Videos application?

    2. Why are CD images associated with MP3s that are not at all associated with a particular MP3? I transferred 2 MP3s to the phone, navigated to them in Xbox Music, and was presented with a CD image that was not the one embedded with the MP3s and was also
    not at all related to the MP3s.

    3. When will syncing between phone and computer be available again?

    :)
     
    Peter-Studio GP, Jan 28, 2014
    #1
  2. Mister Parks
    Mister Parks Guest
    Can't connect windows phone 7 device to xbox music pass

    Hello Jogador,



    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Xbox Music pass, and Xbox Music are not available on Windows Phone 7 devices. Xbox Music is available on Windows 8, Windows RT tablets, Windows Phone 8, and the Xbox 360 console.



    I hope that this information helps.
     
    Mister Parks, Jan 28, 2014
    #2
  3. maxen
    maxen Guest
    registering windows phone on xbox music

    I think it might mean you have to sync it with the Windows Phone for Desktop app (Windows 7), the Windows Phone app (Windows 8) or even Windows 8's Xbox Music app.
     
    maxen, Jan 28, 2014
    #3
  4. Drakken Saer
    Drakken Saer Guest

    Issues with Xbox Music on Windows Phone 8

    Hi there BassHarmonic!

    I'll answer your questions in the order they were addresses.

    1. The Music+Videos app will try to use metadata native to the phone, as well as metadata that was obtained from the device the songs synced from. Xbox Music will only use metadata obtained from the Xbox Music Store, as a result some content data may be
    conflicting and this can happen.

    2. I would imagine that this may be tied into answer one, but without knowing the metadata on the song itself, I wouldn't be certain.

    3. Syncing is available using any of the following methods:
    www.windowsphone.com/.../sync-wizard
     
    Drakken Saer, Jan 29, 2014
    #4
  5. Mister Parks Win User

    Can't connect windows phone 7 device to xbox music pass

    Hello Jogador,



    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Xbox Music pass, and Xbox Music are not available on Windows Phone 7 devices. Xbox Music is available on Windows 8, Windows RT tablets, Windows Phone 8, and the Xbox 360 console.



    I hope that this information helps.
  6. Drakken Saer Win User

    Issues with Xbox Music on Windows Phone 8

    Hi there BassHarmonic!

    I'll answer your questions in the order they were addresses.

    1. The Music+Videos app will try to use metadata native to the phone, as well as metadata that was obtained from the device the songs synced from. Xbox Music will only use metadata obtained from the Xbox Music Store, as a result some content data may be
    conflicting and this can happen.

    2. I would imagine that this may be tied into answer one, but without knowing the metadata on the song itself, I wouldn't be certain.

    3. Syncing is available using any of the following methods:
    www.windowsphone.com/.../sync-wizard
  7. maxen Win User

    registering windows phone on xbox music

    I think it might mean you have to sync it with the Windows Phone for Desktop app (Windows 7), the Windows Phone app (Windows 8) or even Windows 8's Xbox Music app.
  8. MikeM132 Win User

    Update DRM license for all XBOX music pass content on WP8

    I have the same issue and tried downloading one track directly to the phone (wifi). This allowed tracks downloaded via Xbox Music App and transferred to phone via Windows 8 app to play. Windows 8 app apparently does not transfer DRM to the phone on it's
    own. I agree, it is a TERRIBLE music transfer app. WMP would be fine, but WMP cannot see Xbox Music "rental" content---only content downloaded using Zune software. This is a problem.
  9. JontheGeekGuy Win User

    Windows Phone 7.8

    Unfortunately Xbox music is only supported on Windows phone 8 devices
Thema:

Issues with Xbox Music on Windows Phone 8

Loading...
  1. Issues with Xbox Music on Windows Phone 8 - Similar Threads - Issues Music Windows

  2. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  3. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  4. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  5. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  6. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  7. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  8. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  9. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  10. Minecraft story mode xbox 360 sound/music issues

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft story mode xbox 360 sound/music issues: On my 360 I've been playing minecraft story mode episode one disc (obviously I have no xbox live) and I just can't hear any music in game, I can hear main menu and paused menu music but not music...