Issues with xbox controller on microsoft store games

Discus and support Issues with xbox controller on microsoft store games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; D-Pad skipping 2 menu items, and right and left trigger appear to be doing the same thing.... only happens on games opened through the microsoft store... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AJ1117, Dec 9, 2022.

1. AJ1117
    AJ1117 Guest

D-Pad skipping 2 menu items, and right and left trigger appear to be doing the same thing.... only happens on games opened through the microsoft store (xbox app)

Games on steam not experiencing the same problem.

Drivers are updated, windows is updated, controller updated through the xbox accessories app.

:)

AJ1117, Dec 9, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello AJ1117,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

Based on your description, you are unable to use your Xbox Controller on Microsoft Store installed games. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

We notice that you mentioned Steam games, do you by any chance have you enabled Xbox Configuration Support from Steam's Big Picture Mode? If yes, please disable it and restart the device or game then try to check if issue persist.

If any case, you did not turn this on please let us know more details about your concern,

1. May we ask for what specific games you are having issues with?
    2. Have you tried the games installed through Xbox app? Does this issue persist?
    3. Please post a screenshot of the issue and conceal any personal information.
    4. Do you mind connecting this controller on another computer and see if issue persist?
    We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. XBF Erick C Win User

New Xbox elite controller series 2 faulty A button

Hey there Saintmikoxr,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the controller, if you have not taken a look at the support article linked below go ahead and follow the troubleshooting provided to see if we can get the issue resolved.

If you are unable to resolve the problem then I would advise that you request to get a replacement controller. If you purchased at a retail store then you can go back to the store so that they can help you replace the faulty controller, if it was purchased
    through the Microsoft store then I would advise that you
    Contact Microsoft Store support
    for further assistance with a replacement.

I hope this helps.
  5. The_Last_DJ Win User

Xbox controller trigger rumblers don’t work

I see, I know that people have had issues with rumbles in bluetooth but works on cabled.

I have a feeling that its part of the game but which controller is it as there might be a work around. Which Xbox controller is it and are you using Steam or Microsoft Store?
  6. Quietbutterfly5 Win User

Xbox One defective controller

I wouldnt reccomend buying a controller from an electronics store because the controller might not be a microsoft liscenced product. My advice is to take it to your local gamestop or gaming store and have them check the controller to see if its in fact
    a liscenced product. There are many third party independant companies out there that make wireless gaming controllers for xbox but they dont meet the microsoft standards of use which could be why your controller isnt working properly. Microsoft products are
    made bt microsoft for the xbox another place to find a new controller if this one you have wont work is target they also sell microsoft controllers hopefully this helps you :) you can also go directly to the xbox store on a PC and order one from the website
    and itll ship to your house
Thema:

1. Issues with xbox controller on microsoft store games - Similar Threads - Issues controller microsoft

2. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  3. Xbox controller issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller issues: I'm on PC. I use an Xbox Series X controller for a few games. And lately its been disconnecting briefly. Then it will reconnect and stay connected. But any amount of button pressing doesn't work....
  4. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  5. Xbox Controller issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller issues: This is my third post about xbox controller issues/scam. I wonder if Microsoft will take this one down too. It's all over the Internet about controller issues, especially after updates. This is...
  6. Xbox Controller issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller issues: Who else has bought multiple xbox series x controllers? Why do they constantly fail? Money making scam for microsoft? 28837003-8f9d-477d-a9a1-e4e137688f60
  7. I have been having an issue with stick drift in my Xbox series X/S ( Shock Blue controller)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have been having an issue with stick drift in my Xbox series X/S ( Shock Blue controller): I have been having bad luck when it comes to Xbox controllers and stick drift. I have updated them to the current firmware, I have used them sparingly, as to not ruin the controller. My left...
  8. Xbox Wireless Controller issues with wireless headset (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller issues with wireless headset (Windows 10): So I just bought an Xbox Wireless Controller and a wireless adapter, since my PC does not support Bluetooth. Whenever I am using it without my headset, everything is fine, but as soon as I turn on...
  9. “Hi, I have an issue with my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Hi, I have an issue with my controller: “Hi, I have an issue with my controller. I purchased in November of 2023. I previously had the same controller (not sure when I purchased it) but it lasted around 2 years before I needed to...
  10. xbox elite series controller bumper issues no acknowledgement from Microsoft SOLUTION

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox elite series controller bumper issues no acknowledgement from Microsoft SOLUTION: It pains me to be writing this however, it must be addressed after the purchase of a $200 controller. not even six months into moderate use, the controller bumpers are malfunctioning. upon google...