Issues with xbox 360 disc drive

Discus and support Issues with xbox 360 disc drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So me and my brother were trying to figure out what was wrong with our xbox 360 disc drive, because it took multiple attempts to get it to read discs... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OwainJones1, Oct 4, 2018.

1. OwainJones1
    OwainJones1 Guest

So me and my brother were trying to figure out what was wrong with our xbox 360 disc drive, because it took multiple attempts to get it to read discs and we had to beat it up to finally get it fully working. I found out that it could be that the disc drive
    is going bad, so I decided to get another xbox 360 we had purely for parts. It took me a while, but I finally was able to swap disc drives. We turned it on and the disc drive worked. That was the only time it worked. Now if we turn it on it doesn't say what
    disc is in it, when we try to hit play it starts to go into the game but than it bounces back into the home screen, and when we hit game details it shows one of our downloaded games. I tried quite a few things, including uninstalling everything we had downloaded,
    and even taking out the hardrive, but it just keeps doing the same thing. I can't find anything online or in support that helps, so I was wondering if anone else could help.

:)

OwainJones1, Oct 4, 2018
  2. II M0Z II
    II M0Z II Guest
    II M0Z II, Oct 4, 2018
  3. II M0Z II
    II M0Z II Guest
    II M0Z II, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Since self-repair is a violation of the terms of service, this cannot be discussed on the forums.

Smwutches, Oct 4, 2018
  5. Logan Simpson Win User

Brand new NCAA Football 13 won't play

6. iRayDawg Win User

cant play bf3 anymore

7. II M0Z II Win User

Skyrim Disc Unreadable

8. II M0Z II Win User

My Assassin's Creed III disc won't work on my Xbox, but works on others?

9. XBF Diego M Win User

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition for Xbox One & Xbox 360 disc does not work in the 360

Hi there,

By the looks of it the Xbox 360 disc drive may be going bad based on the testing you have done. If it works on the Xbox One I don't see how it would be a disc issue.

What do you mean by "regular" 360 discs that are detected fine by the 360?

Either way if the same disc is read by the Xbox One then I believe the issue lies with the disc drive in the Xbox 360.
Thema:

1. Issues with xbox 360 disc drive - Similar Threads - Issues 360 disc

2. Win 11 latest update causing issues with xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Win 11 latest update causing issues with xbox 360 controller: Hi I updated my PC to the latest windows update and after that my wired Xbox 360 controller(s) have stopped working on my PC. I have reinstalled the drivers, tried different USB ports (USB 3.0...
  3. Xbox 360 Account Sign in issue on BO2 on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Account Sign in issue on BO2 on Xbox One: Hello, I have searched the Internet for solutions for the issue I'm having playing black ops 2 on the xbox one. Had no issues a couple months ago but today I can't connect to the Internet...
  4. Xbox 360 issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 issue: Every time after shutting off my Xbox 360 I have to unplug it from the back and plug it back in for it to start again. Why is this happening? 4bcd7473-f098-4858-a525-7df8b720bb47
  5. How to resolve login issue on Xbox 360 game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to resolve login issue on Xbox 360 game?: Okay, let me see if I can get this all straight... I have been working on the digital Xbox 360 version of Watch Dogs for a couple weeks. Besides the issues with Ubisoft's servers themselves, I...
  6. Xbox Series X: Xbox Live Login Issue (Xbox 360)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X: Xbox Live Login Issue (Xbox 360): I just bought an Xbox Series X and was looking forward to its backwards compatibility. When trying to play Half-Life 2, the game prompts me to ‘download a profile’ and states that I cannot save my...
  7. Anybody else having issues with error code 8015000A on the 360 again?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Anybody else having issues with error code 8015000A on the 360 again?: Tried to connect to live on the 360 to update my gamertag and it's not letting me log in. I keep getting error code 8015000A. Spent 3 hours reading forums and such trying any and everything I came...
  8. Issues playing online xbox 360 backwards compatible games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues playing online xbox 360 backwards compatible games.: Hello, my friend and I are having an issue playing several backwards compatible xbox 360 multiplayer games. He is on Xbox Series S and I am on Xbox ONE. When trying to join each others sessions, a...
  9. XBOX 360 first gen HD transfer issue (128G to 250G)......

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 first gen HD transfer issue (128G to 250G)......: Hello, I have the original XBOX 360. I recently bought a new HD for it in order to go from 128G to 250G. I used the OEM (Microsoft of course) transfer cable and software but when the transfer was...
  10. Xbox One Issues - 360 Discs Not Showing Up For Some Reason

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One Issues - 360 Discs Not Showing Up For Some Reason: So I wanted to play COD black ops on my Xbox one the other day and the first time I put the disc in, nothing happened. Took it out then put it back in and then installed it. Went to game menu and...