Issues with Updating games on Xbox 1 S

Discus and support Issues with Updating games on Xbox 1 S in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been having this on going issue to where when I have to update a game, however instead of just doing the update the game put out, I have to have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DylanDietrich, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Issues with Updating games on Xbox 1 S

I have been having this on going issue to where when I have to update a game, however instead of just doing the update the game put out, I have to have a “update” that is the size of the game. This really bothers me as I can barley play some games as is but with this on top of it, I really don’t know how much more I can take as I have a very limited data.

Dead by Daylight, Rainbow 6 Siege, Apex Legends and Cyberpunk have all had these issues, all of them being multiple times throughout the course of probably almost a year at this point. It’s getting very tiring how I have to wait so long just to play the game for 2 days then it needing another update. Please just, tell me something about how to help this.

:)

DylanDietrich, Sep 19, 2021
  2. DylanDietrich Win User

I have heard that it may be corrupt from either stopping the updating or Not updating it when it gives you the option, but this happened when I did accept the update. So yea I’m just kinda lost.
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

Oh got it. Yes, the one which is installed on your PC is the purchased digital one?
  4. DylanDietrich Win User

Dead by daylight is from gamepass however, I also own it digitally and on disc (from gameshare and bought it before it was on gamepass)
  5. DylanDietrich Win User

I understand needing to update them. But this is the issue, so a few days ago now, Dead by Daylight needed an update of around 15 or so gigs. Multiple friends had that update and it was only 15 however when I went to update mine, it was 35.88 gigs, the size of the game.
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

Really odd indeed. The games are from gamepass or Steam?
Thema:

1. Issues with Updating games on Xbox 1 S - Similar Threads - Issues Updating games

2. How do I fix issues with game updates and being unable to login to my account after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix issues with game updates and being unable to login to my account after...: My Xbox One console isn't working properly. First I tried to complete an update on EAFC24 which was 3.5GB and it kept freezing and updating for a second or two at a time then freezing for another...
  3. Microsoft Ultimate Word Games app update issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Ultimate Word Games app update issue: Today, I received an update for the Game. Afterwards the game would not load. I then restored my PC back earlier and then in Microsoft Store app turned off updates. Microsoft you screwed up...
  4. Game updating issues, slowed/stopped progress (Xbox Series X)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game updating issues, slowed/stopped progress (Xbox Series X): I've got a Series X and I live in a rural area with poor/limited internet so downloads typically take several hours for large files (I use ethernet for best connection because of it). Recently I...
  5. Forced console update mid-game? Still an issue after so many years!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forced console update mid-game? Still an issue after so many years!!: I have seen so many complaints about this and I have encountered this too many times. Was doing basic training in Gotham Knights (doing the checklist) and in the middle of performing this I got a...
  6. Xbox Series X Game Update Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X Game Update Issue: Everytime I have to update a game, the download will not start unless I restart the conosle. And then the whole game is being donwloaded again. I have to wait 3 to 5 hours everytime an update...
  7. Issue with the new Dashboard; updated with the latest beta release and now the game art...

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with the new Dashboard; updated with the latest beta release and now the game art...: Like the title says, after the Beta update yesterday, the game art doesn't change when cycling through games, I tried resetting the background to default but still can't get it to work. Possible...
  8. Issue with downloading and updating games

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with downloading and updating games: Hello all, I just got off a support chat with someone from the community that told me to post this issue in here so I apologize if this is the wrong area but Janice V has asked me to post here. I...
  9. I have a big issue with updating and downloading games

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a big issue with updating and downloading games: I noticed that when I update a game it starts off good but then my mbps starts dropping by a lot and it stop my update and download and a error pops up the error code is (0x87e00005) when i press...
  10. cannot download new games on Xbox after update and issue error

in XBoX on Consoles
    cannot download new games on Xbox after update and issue error: We downloaded call of duty modern warfare and then got a system error so we did the steps as suggested on Xbox troubleshooting by unplugging with clicking the eject button and the other left...