Issues with the Xbox Series controller on PC using the official wireless adapter

Discus and support Issues with the Xbox Series controller on PC using the official wireless adapter in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I am posting here because I have no idea where to ask for help, Microsoft support is useless. Anyways here it goes: For a long time I am been... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rock1m1, Sep 1, 2022.

1. Rock1m1
    Rock1m1 Guest

Issues with the Xbox Series controller on PC using the official wireless adapter

Hello,

I am posting here because I have no idea where to ask for help, Microsoft support is useless. Anyways here it goes:

For a long time I am been using DS4 with my PC. While it works great, the most obvious problem is the use of a middleware like DS4windows to get it working with most of the games. I needed a new controller anyways so I got the Xbox Series Controller. I wanted to get the wireless adapter with it but it was out of stock.

With bluetooth, it worked fine, however my dongle had terrible performance, so any obstruction would disconnect it. After a month I managed to get the official wireless dongle for the controller. To my surprise, it is much worse?

• The controller for some reason have massive input lags and would queue up commands first few minutes. After turning it on and off again a several times, it sorts itself out.
    • It seems to only work well in to my usb ports. Other ports makes it much worse. I have a new Asus TUF Z690 gaming motherboard, so the usb specs are up to date as it can be.
    • Sometimes the controller just stops working altogether. Even connected via wire, it just vibrates but there is no input. Windows still detects the controller. When this happens, only way to fix this is a restart.
    It has been very frustrating, I have no other xbox controller with me to see if this is a controller issue. I also tried two different brand new wireless dongles, same issue. The dongle has a clear line of sight with my controller, but it doesn't help.

If anyone can help me, would appreciate it.

Thanks

:)

Rock1m1, Sep 1, 2022
  2. [Farscape] Win User

My headphones are not recognized by my PC when plugged in the controller

the official wireless adapter for pc to use with the xbox one controller does allow audio.
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

4. Rock1m1 Win User

Yep, it is the original packaging with manual, warranty. I tried two different adapters, both boxed and sealed, same issue. The only thing left is to try a different controller, unfortunately it is not possible for me to try it without having to buying it out right. I do not know anyone with an xbox system.
  5. Rock1m1 Win User

I tried a different PC today, same issue.

The only possible problem I can think of is it might be the controller? But bluetooth works fine. Another possible issue might be regional differences: My controller is from US, but my wireless adapter is an asian version. Different channels perhaps?
  6. Rock1m1 Win User

Hi ! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Have you tried using the Xbox accessories app to update the controller? This will be possible trough USB cable, if you haven't please try that

Are the games you are using from the Xbox app or from another platform? Some platforms like steam could need a driver for Xbox controller

You can also try to access the device manager and uninstall the USB wireless adapter as well as the controller drivers please
    Yes I updated the controller. My games are all over, not just xbox app like steam. I tried uninstalling the wireless adapter driver from the device manager and reinstalling it, does not help.
Thema:

1. Issues with the Xbox Series controller on PC using the official wireless adapter - Similar Threads - Issues Series controller

2. Controller sync issues on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync issues on Series X: Have a two yo series x that abruptly lost sync with my controller. Controller uses third party rechargeable battery packs. Both packs are charged and upon trying to reconnect them to the console,...
  3. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  4. XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue: I purchased my XBOX Series X last summer. My controller is now experiencing drift on the right stick. Not only does my account show my 1-year warranty is expired, it shows that this warranty was...
  5. Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...: So last August (08 2023) I signed up for a Gamepass Ultimate Subscription (2 years) under the All Access subscription to get a Series X console. Anyways everything has been great until this past...
  6. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  7. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  8. I have been having an issue with stick drift in my Xbox series X/S ( Shock Blue controller)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have been having an issue with stick drift in my Xbox series X/S ( Shock Blue controller): I have been having bad luck when it comes to Xbox controllers and stick drift. I have updated them to the current firmware, I have used them sparingly, as to not ruin the controller. My left...
  9. Xbox series x, controller issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x, controller issues: My series x has been playing up for a couple months now with my controllers keep losing connection, I have done all the usually things like batteries and updating them. I have just bought a brand...
  10. Elite Series 2 controller issue on purchase. Should I return the product?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 controller issue on purchase. Should I return the product?: The Elite Series 2 controller allegedly doesn’t come with paddles. But the box says it includes paddles. Is it just faulty product that needs to be returned? Or false advertising that needs to be...