issues with the new minecraft sign in

Discus and support issues with the new minecraft sign in in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; when i try to sign in on the minecraft launcher using my Microsoft account, I keep getting a can't sign into xbox live account error, however i have... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by hudson furnari, Nov 30, 2022.

1. issues with the new minecraft sign in

when i try to sign in on the minecraft launcher using my Microsoft account, I keep getting a can't sign into xbox live account error, however i have been able to play of the same account since last year. I thought id play again but can't get past the launcher. any ideas on how to fix this?

:)

hudson furnari, Nov 30, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi Hudson, thanks for the extra information
    Let’s try to isolate the issue a bit more

A. Open task manager > select the startup tab > disable all the programs listed there temporarily
    Restart the PC and try again

B. Do a clean boot in your PC and try again
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

C. Create a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

If maybe that doesn’t work try this:

Press Windows + X, then click on Windows Powershell (Administrator)

Then type or copy/paste this command and press enter:

Get-appxpackage Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider | Remove-AppxPackage

Restart your PC and install the recently deleted app:

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/xbox-id...

Finally go to Windows Settings > Apps and Features > Xbox app > Reset and Repair, then restart your PC and give it a new try.

If the issue persist try these tutorials:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Or try this (RainingRoses response):

"Try the following options for Windows 10/11:
    1. Go to Credential Manager (https://support.microsoft.com/windows/accessing...) > Windows Credentials (not the Web option), select XblGrts|DeviceKey and remove.

2. Go to Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts. Select your account with the issue and verify that the ‘Apps need to ask me to use this account’ setting is enabled. This would especially help if you have multiple accounts as you would have the option to choose the correct account on startup, but you can always change it back to the automatic option if you prefer. You can also try to remove the account from here and re-add it later.

3. Follow this file path: C:\Users\[Your Username]AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\TokenBroker
    Delete the Accounts and Cache folders, which will be deleted from the Xbox Identity Provider

Note that the highlighted code in this file path depends on your system so may vary.
    If you don’t see a particular folder, then confirm there’s no search filters applied and select ‘show hidden items’, or you can just search for the folder in the search bar.
    Restart your PC after trying the above steps, so that these properly take effect next time you sign in. It may also help to then reset and repair and/or uninstall and reinstall the Xbox apps where this error occurs."

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. hudson furnari Win User

Thank you for the reply. However, I could not fix the problem.

I am currently running windows 11.

The primary issue is whenever I sign into my Microsoft account on the app, I get an illegal state change error. That reads, "We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live.".

This is strange because all is fine when I sign in with the account on the Microsoft store, and Xbox website. I believe the problem may be occurring specifically through the Xbox application.

Thank you for your help,

4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Hudson

Additional information is needed, please tell me:

Are you using windows 10 or 11?
    If you try signing with your account on the Xbox app or the Microsoft store (or if you have another game)
    It works? Or something similar happens?
    And, what did you tried so far to fix this
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed

In the meantime try and double check this:

First uninstall the current minecraft launcher.

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update
    Click Check for Updates

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too. (Click on get updates)

Now, sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account
    install minecraft launcher using the Xbox app and try again
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

I have two microsoft accounts. One owns minecraft, the other is new. I tried buying minecraft for the new one but can't but also can't play?

sign in to the store with the old account, download minecraft and then sign out and back in with the new account, then you can play minecraft without repurchasing it.
  6. Atherza Win User

I want to use a different account for my Minecraft

On Minecraft Bedrock on Windows 10, it signs into the account signed in on the Xbox App. If the new account you created does not have access to Minecraft, then you will have to purchase it for that account.
Thema:

1. issues with the new minecraft sign in - Similar Threads - issues minecraft sign

2. Minecraft issues & breaks

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft issues & breaks: Hi Microsoft team, In minecraft 1.20.50, 1.20.60 or up is product some problems in resource and behavior packs, like there was an add-on when I put it in my world and enter the world the game...
  3. Minecraft Login Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Login Issue: I'm trying to log in to Minecraft and it gives the error code 0x8019001 Please help b7851136-d8b8-4ff8-b587-ad86581eab46
  4. Minecraft Crash issue when typing commands

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft Crash issue when typing commands: I wonder if someone can help or at least shead some light on what the issue may be. The situation is this. Minecraft / Bedrock on Xbox X been working fine, my son uses it so we can play together...
  5. I cannot access my Minecraft account since the email it is attached to has an issue.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot access my Minecraft account since the email it is attached to has an issue.: I cannot access my Minecraft account since the email it is attached to has an issue. My father originally bought Minecraft for me back in 2015 and it has been on his email *** Die E-Mail-Adresse...
  6. Having payment issues gifting minecraft to a friend

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having payment issues gifting minecraft to a friend: I own Minecraft and play it very frequently. My friend also wants Minecraft so I was going to gift it to him through my account. However, whenever I try to pay, I get an error saying "Contact us...
  7. Minecraft on Nintendo switch issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft on Nintendo switch issues: Hi, Can anyone tell me how to change multiplayer online security settings for Minecraft on Nintendo switch? I can't seem to find it on parental account on Microsoft....
  8. Minecraft Dungeons log in issues.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Dungeons log in issues.: I have an xbox pc gamepass, downloaded Minecraft dungeons. Everytime I try to play it, either from the Microsooft store, or from the xbox app for pc, it says "There is a problem with your...
  9. minecraft online playing issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft online playing issue: Can someone help me? I have this minecraft world that me and my friend always used to play in and now suddenly he cant join my world because my world wont appear to him. And also I have him added...
  10. Issues with signing in on Minecraft PS4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues with signing in on Minecraft PS4: Hi, So I’m currently having an issue where I try to sign into Minecraft on PlayStation4 with my Microsoft account, and I’m pretty sure I’ve used the correct email & everything. I did what was...