Issues with Strict NAT no matter what!

Discus and support Issues with Strict NAT no matter what! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had a ps4 before selling it a few days ago and getting an Xbox One X. This is the first xbox I had since the 360 and I always had an open NAT with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Trea81, Nov 19, 2017.

  1. Trea81
    Trea81 Guest

    Issues with Strict NAT no matter what!


    I had a ps4 before selling it a few days ago and getting an Xbox One X. This is the first xbox I had since the 360 and I always had an open NAT with that. Also my NAT was fine on PS4.

    Since getting the Xbox.. I am finding that my NAT stays Strict most of the time. Its only after going through a bunch of troubleshooting steps can I manage to get it to test open, but then maybe 30 mins later if I test it again it will go back to strict.

    I have an asus rt-n66u router, spectrum 100 mbps internet, and I use my own modem not one of their 2 in 1 things so I dont have 2 routers, only the one.

    I have all the proper ports forwarded and have assigned my xbox one x a static IP. This seems to be the only way I can SOMETIMES get it to say open but again, it always goes back to strict. UPNP is turned on. I have even tried placing the Xbox in the DMZ
    but that is even worse and always says strict.

    How can something in the DMZ be strict!??!

    I am have been going round and round with this and it seems to be a common issue. Some people say to do this little trick or that and those tricks only make it say open sometimes but still, 70% of the time when I look I see strict. I also have been having
    a little but of issues with party chat which I think is coming from this. I sometimes get a message about my network settings preventing me from joining a party but then if I try again it may work fine right after.

    I was going to pick up COD WW2 but I'm worried about that cause I know NAT type is very important with that game. Can anyone help me out?

    :)
     
    Trea81, Nov 19, 2017
    #1
  2. Mesty
    Mesty Guest
    Strict NAT no matter what I do

    There is no spot for me to connect directly into the modem.
     
    Mesty, Nov 19, 2017
    #2
  3. Mesty
    Mesty Guest
    Strict NAT no matter what I do

    When I click on Internet Setup, the IP address is WAY off. They don't match.
     
    Mesty, Nov 19, 2017
    #3
  4. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

    Issues with Strict NAT no matter what!

    Hey there Trea81.

    Super sorry to hear about NAT type troubles with your Xbox One X. Can you share the make and model of your modem as well? Also, if you connect via wire to your router do you see any difference with your NAT type? Curious if your modem might be causing issues.
     
    Mister Maka, Nov 21, 2017
    #4
  5. Trea81
    Trea81 Guest
    Hi,

    My modem is a Motorola SB6141. Router is Asus RT-N66U. Since I posted this I have had my internet service provider (Spectrum) replace the entire cable line coming into my house and I am getting perfect signals on my modem now. This however, has not changed
    my problem.

    I do not have a way to connect the console to the modem directly wired. I have forwarded all appropriate ports and when that didn't work, I put the xbox in my DMZ with a static IP which is where it is currently. Occasionally if I hard reboot the xbox I
    can get it to show an open nat but still, after playing a game or coming back later to check the NAT again, it always goes back to strict.

    Really need a solution for this.
     
    Trea81, Nov 24, 2017
    #5
  6. Trea81
    Trea81 Guest
    no more suggestions I take it?
     
    Trea81, Nov 27, 2017
    #6
  7. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Thanks for posting back! Just a heads up, the Xbox Forums team works Monday - Friday, so any bump made over the weekend (or later on Friday) won't be caught till the following Monday.

    After a bit of research, this seems to be a common problem that has popped up for that router, specifically with a firmware update for that router. A fix we have seen is rolling back the firmware update on your router, however we're unable to offer specific
    steps to do that and reaching out to the manufacturer directly will be the best step for that.

    You may have already tried this, but my first suggestion is to fully power off your Xbox One console along with removing power from your router & modem, and make sure that the first console that connects is the Xbox One. This will
    make sure the router is prioritizing that Xbox One console. If the issues continue to occur, that may indicate the firmware may need to be rolled back to a more stable update.

    Please keep us posted!
     
    Mister Beep, Nov 27, 2017
    #7
  8. Trea81
    Trea81 Guest

    Issues with Strict NAT no matter what!

    It has nothing to do with the firmware.

    I solved the issue myself. It was caused by a conflict in port forwarding. I had mistakenly opened all ports for another device and because of that, the ports requested by xbox were not able to be opened even though it was in the DMZ. The device wasn't being
    used but the ports were held open by the router.

    Once I deleted that port forwarding command it fixed everything. I wanted to leave this here for anyone else who may have the same issue... It isn't because u have this router, there is nothing wrong with it.

    Also that port forward command was entered fairly recently before I got the Xbox so I didn't pick up on it.
     
    Trea81, Nov 1, 2018
    #8
  9. Mister Maka Win User

    Issues with Strict NAT no matter what!

    Hey there Trea81.

    Super sorry to hear about NAT type troubles with your Xbox One X. Can you share the make and model of your modem as well? Also, if you connect via wire to your router do you see any difference with your NAT type? Curious if your modem might be causing issues.
  10. Trea81 Win User

    Issues with Strict NAT no matter what!

    It has nothing to do with the firmware.

    I solved the issue myself. It was caused by a conflict in port forwarding. I had mistakenly opened all ports for another device and because of that, the ports requested by xbox were not able to be opened even though it was in the DMZ. The device wasn't being
    used but the ports were held open by the router.

    Once I deleted that port forwarding command it fixed everything. I wanted to leave this here for anyone else who may have the same issue... It isn't because u have this router, there is nothing wrong with it.

    Also that port forward command was entered fairly recently before I got the Xbox so I didn't pick up on it.
  11. Mister Beep Win User

    Issues with Strict NAT no matter what!

    Thanks for posting back! Just a heads up, the Xbox Forums team works Monday - Friday, so any bump made over the weekend (or later on Friday) won't be caught till the following Monday.

    After a bit of research, this seems to be a common problem that has popped up for that router, specifically with a firmware update for that router. A fix we have seen is rolling back the firmware update on your router, however we're unable to offer specific
    steps to do that and reaching out to the manufacturer directly will be the best step for that.

    You may have already tried this, but my first suggestion is to fully power off your Xbox One console along with removing power from your router & modem, and make sure that the first console that connects is the Xbox One. This will
    make sure the router is prioritizing that Xbox One console. If the issues continue to occur, that may indicate the firmware may need to be rolled back to a more stable update.

    Please keep us posted!
  12. Trea81 Win User

    Issues with Strict NAT no matter what!

    no more suggestions I take it?
  13. Trea81 Win User

    Issues with Strict NAT no matter what!

    Hey there .

    Super sorry to hear about NAT type troubles with your Xbox One X. Can you share the make and model of your modem as well? Also, if you connect via wire to your router do you see any difference with your NAT type? Curious if your modem might be causing issues.
    Hi,

    My modem is a Motorola SB6141. Router is Asus RT-N66U. Since I posted this I have had my internet service provider (Spectrum) replace the entire cable line coming into my house and I am getting perfect signals on my modem now. This however, has not changed
    my problem.

    I do not have a way to connect the console to the modem directly wired. I have forwarded all appropriate ports and when that didn't work, I put the xbox in my DMZ with a static IP which is where it is currently. Occasionally if I hard reboot the xbox I
    can get it to show an open nat but still, after playing a game or coming back later to check the NAT again, it always goes back to strict.

    Really need a solution for this.
Thema:

Issues with Strict NAT no matter what!

Loading...
  1. Issues with Strict NAT no matter what! - Similar Threads - Issues Strict NAT

  2. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  3. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  4. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  5. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  6. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  7. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  8. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  9. Can't Connect to Xbox Live: NAT Type Strict Issue

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Connect to Xbox Live: NAT Type Strict Issue: I've been having trouble connecting to Xbox Live and have discovered that my NAT type is set to 'Strict.' I've tried power cycling my modem and router, but it didn't help. This issue prevents me...
  10. I’m having Strict NAT type issues.

    in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m having Strict NAT type issues.: I’ve contacted my ISP and my Modems service line but they say to troubleshoot my Xbox one i need certain Port numbers. I just want to play online. I’m a first time buyer of wifi and i can’t even...