Issues with Profile sign in on Xbox 360 after console transfer

Discus and support Issues with Profile sign in on Xbox 360 after console transfer in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I just purchased a new 360 slim console and transferred the content over from my older model. I was having the annoying problem of having to sign... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Darnzig, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Darnzig
    Darnzig Guest

Hi, I just purchased a new 360 slim console and transferred the content over from my older model.

I was having the annoying problem of having to sign into my profile every time I started the console, so I deleted all other profiles on the system and turned account preference on, no luck there..., and followed advice given to other users to delete profile
    and clear system cache, turned account preference on and it finally worked.

But now I have lost all recent saved game data and have to restart everything all over again... not happy about that as I was reluctant to use the profile deletion fearing that exact thing would happen, so that's some bad advice on your end... any fix to
    the problem???

:)

Darnzig, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Dlow128
    Dlow128 Guest
    Transfer data question.

Hi, to transfer content licences associated with your console you must sign in to the console with the profile used to purchase the content. Once signed in go to Settings > account > billing options and select licence transfer following the on screen instructions to transfer the licences to the new console so other profiles can use the content. Content can not be transfered across profiles only across consoles - hope this helps

Dlow128, Jan 4, 2014
  3. Tony72495
    Tony72495 Guest
    Red Dead Redemption Error Message Help

I fixed it.

Go to Xbox.com and find your security settings for your profile, then find "Xbox 360 Profile Protection" and set it to require the profile to redownload the profile every time you sign in (this will also sign you off of all 360 consoles you were previously signed into).

Since my 360 had been set up to automatically sign in, I'm thinking the Xbox One thought I was still signed in on my 360, and obviously you can't be signed in on multiple Xbox's on the same profile at the same time, so it flagged an error.

At least that's my guess. I also cleared my Xbox 360 local data and did a console restart.

Just follow those steps and it should hopefully be fixed.

Tony72495, Jan 4, 2014
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Other profiles not able to play downloaded full games on same console

To let someone else use the content license, you must download your Xbox Live profile to their Xbox 360 console. Then, transfer your content licenses to that Xbox 360 console.

After you transfer your content, other profiles can use the content on that console.
  5. Spl0inker Win User

Transfer one account to another

Actually you can genious pay attention to the last line:

Can I transfer content from one Xbox LIVE account to another?

No. Content licenses are stored in the Xbox 360 console rather than in the Xbox LIVE account.

To enable someone else's Xbox LIVE account to use your content licenses, you must download your Xbox LIVE profile and then transfer your content licenses to that person's Xbox 360 console.

•To download your Xbox LIVE profile to a different Xbox 360 console, see Download, move, or delete your Xbox LIVE profile.

•To transfer a content license from one Xbox 360 console to another, see Can I transfer a content license from one Xbox 360 console to another?

After you've downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile and transferred your content licenses to another Xbox 360 console, the content can be used by all the profiles on that console.
  6. Mistress Sara Win User

Can I transfer my profile license for the DLC I bought?

Unfortunately the only way to do it is to purchase it with the account you want it on. Licenses can't be transferred between profiles, only consoles.

Here are the details direct from the support site on the subject.
    support.xbox.com/.../download-content

The Content licenses are stored in the Xbox 360 console rather than in the Xbox LIVE account.

To enable someone else's Xbox LIVE account to use your content licenses, you must download your Xbox LIVE profile and then transfer your content licenses to that person's Xbox 360 console.

To download your Xbox LIVE profile to a different Xbox 360 console, see Download, move, or delete your Xbox LIVE profile.

To transfer a content license from one Xbox 360 console to another, see Can I transfer a content license from one Xbox 360 console to another?

After you've downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile and transferred your content licenses to another Xbox 360 console, the content can be used by all the profiles on that console.

I hope this helps.
  7. ngocphi Win User

Game Installation

Should br noted to network transfer you still need the purchasing profile on the other console to be signed in

Network transfer is between xboxes it DOES NOT transfer ownership between gamertags

Nor can it be used to switch home console it's is to reduce download

If you are out if switches you would have to sign online

To complete what you are doing you must network transfer then sign in on your brothers console to complete

Then make it home console if he wants to use it on his profile

If you don't have switches left it won't solve the issue
  8. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Issues with DLC; Unable to play from second profile.

Hi, have you tried doing a license transfer on your console at all.

-

support.xbox.com/.../download-content

-

This step is critical after doing the console license transfer.

-

After the licences have been transferred, you need to download the content again to update the local licences.

After you have followed these steps, content can be used by other profiles on your console, as well as when you’re not connected to Xbox Live.

You will need to do the license transfer while signed into the profile that purchased the content.
Thema:

1. Issues with Profile sign in on Xbox 360 after console transfer - Similar Threads - Issues Profile sign

2. Issues with family account adding second child profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issues with family account adding second child profile: How do you add a second child to the family profile. I created the second child email account and now it states the child is already a part of the family but I do not see them on the family and...
  3. Xbox controllers assigned to profiles issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controllers assigned to profiles issue: My wife and I are trying to play 2 player fortnite. I recently bought her a new Xbox brand Xbox controller and a turtle beach head set. I paired her new controller to our Xbox and created her own...
  4. Anyone else experiencing an issue with the rewards beta tab on their profile not displaying...

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else experiencing an issue with the rewards beta tab on their profile not displaying...: When I go to my profile and under the rewards beta tab I’m hit with “try again later, we can’t check for quests rights now” submitted by /u/kevinchadwick55 [link] [comments]
  5. your xbox profile is not able to use parties issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    your xbox profile is not able to use parties issue: how do i fix the issue where it says "your xbox profile is not able to use parties" it apears over top of the join button when i go to join a party on xbox gamebar and it only happens on some...
  6. I can't add or sign in on my xbox profile anybody know how to fix that issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't add or sign in on my xbox profile anybody know how to fix that issue: I can't sign in or add a profile on xbox one s 12f5e831-2634-4fb6-96ed-a1e9ba66a5f8
  7. Working fix for Xbox 360 Profile Download issue on Xbox One "Can't connect to Xbox Live"...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Working fix for Xbox 360 Profile Download issue on Xbox One "Can't connect to Xbox Live"...: This should work for almost every single case where you cannot download your Xbox 360 Profile. First of all I have more or less figured out that this is due to an IPv6 issue with the 360 File...
  8. Another issue of can't download 360 profile due to no connection. What's the deal with this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Another issue of can't download 360 profile due to no connection. What's the deal with this?: Series X will not allow 360 profile download, I am at my wits end. We upgraded to the series X for it's renowned supposed compatibility so we could maintain playability of our COD Zombie...
  9. how to fix issue with cod 2 downloading profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix issue with cod 2 downloading profile: i followed the steps to make my xbox live work on cod 2 but now it wont even let me download my profile, its saying i cant connect to xbox live check your connection, iv checked it and its fine...
  10. Download Profile Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Download Profile Issue: I just bought an Xbox one S from a friend and factory reset it. I had some Xbox 360 games from my Xbox 360 and I was wanting to play lego lord of the rings on the new Xbox one I got because my...