Issues with predictive text being automatically selected on series s/x device

Discus and support Issues with predictive text being automatically selected on series s/x device in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have recently customised a controller for my son and from what I can tell this issue is limited to that controller only. When attempting to type a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Rbay2803, Dec 25, 2023.

  1. Rbay2803
    Rbay2803 Guest

    Issues with predictive text being automatically selected on series s/x device


    I have recently customised a controller for my son and from what I can tell this issue is limited to that controller only. When attempting to type a message or redeem a code predictive texts are being automatically selected and any other character cannot be selected as it scrolls back to the 1st option in predictive text bar. Doesn't matter whether the d pad or analogue stick is used. I have tried to see if predictive text can be turned off but seems this is not an option. I have updated the controller in settings menu with no improvement. There is no drift when playing games or scrolling through menu and performed a button test in settings. I have done a reset/power cycle of both consoles and nothing has resolved the issue.

    It's not stopping him from playing his games but a bit annoying that he needs to change controllers to redeem a code and cannot use text chat if he had to but gets by using headset anyway.

    Hopefully someone may have a fix I haven't tried?

    Thanks

    :)
     
    Rbay2803, Dec 25, 2023
    #1
  2. MarvinaPerez Win User

    Issues with predictive text being automatically selected on series s/x device

    Hello Rbay2803,my name is Marvina, I will be happy to help you.

    I understand you're having issues with predictive text auto-selection on your Xbox Series S/X controller. Here are some steps you can try to fix the problem:

    Check that the controller is properly connected to the console. Make sure the USB cable is securely connected to the console and controller.
    Image of Connect the Xbox Series S/X controller to the console

    Reset your controller. To do this, press and hold the Xbox button for about 10 seconds.
    Update the controller firmware. You can find the latest firmware for your controller on the Xbox website.

    Restores the controller to factory settings. To do this, go to Settings > Devices and accessories > Controls > [controller name] > Options > Restore factory settings.
    If you have tried all of these steps and are still having problems, you can contact Xbox support. They will be able to help you solve the problem.

    Here are some additional tips that may help you fix the problem:

    Try using a different driver. If you can use a different driver without problems, it means that the problem is related to the custom driver.

    Try using a different USB cable. The USB cable you are using may be defective.
    Try connecting the controller to a different console.

    If you can connect the controller to another console without problems, it means that the problem is related to your console.

    These are basic solutions to these problems, but they can lead to a solution, remember that this is a public forum where we are players like you who want to help, good luck and happy day.

    Sincerely,
    marvina
  3. Don B1 Win User

    When entering the Microsoft store hovering over the buy button for Grand theft Auto v Xbox series x|s edition

    I have Xbox one x, want to buy GTA v for Xbox one x|s for $39.99

    When hovering over the buy button in Microsoft store on GTA v series x|s a small text bar appears saying. This is not playable on this device.

    I have Xbox one x.

    But the store says GTA v series x|s is not playable on my Xbox one x.
  4. Smwutches Win User

    I have an Xbox One S. I'm trying to download Starfield Standard Ed. And I keep getting "not compatible devices".

    The game is being released on the Series S/X. It is not being released on the One. So it's not compatible with that device. You will be able to play it through the cloud with Game Pass Ultimate after release.
  5. Michael Garza1 Win User

    Purchased THPS upgrade dlc, why doesn’t Series S|X version show in my Library? Same goes for Outer World Spacer Choice upgrade dlc.

    My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help. This procedure may help resolve this issue: How to clear cache on Xbox Series X|S consoles Press the Xbox button on the controller. Go to your profile icon and select “Settings”. Select "Devices and Connections", then "Blu-ray". Select "Persistent Storage". Select "Clear Persistent Storage". (Note ) Clearing the cache removes all game updates already downloaded. You will need to download these updates again the next time you play the game. Hope I helped and see you soon
    In having a Series S, I found that I had to do a full reset since there is no Blu-Ray option. Reset again, still do not see the Series S|X version of either game.

    I still have to search the Store to be able to download the X|S versions.
  6. SigmaTheDJ Win User

    Download move to internal on a Xbox Series X.

    You can set it so that games optimised for the Series X/S are downloaded to the internal storage automatically, if that helps. Go to Settings - System - Storage devices - Change installation locations and you can change the settings there.

    I dunno why there's no warning, but yeah; games optimised for Series X/S consoles can only be run from the internal SSD or a Seagate expansion card, not a regular external hard drive.
Thema:

Issues with predictive text being automatically selected on series s/x device

Loading...
  1. Issues with predictive text being automatically selected on series s/x device - Similar Threads - Issues predictive text

  2. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  3. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  4. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  5. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  6. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  7. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  8. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  9. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  10. Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead: Hello all, Any help here would be great. I have a Steel Series Arctis Nova 7x Headset and an Xbox series X. I'm not having an issue with hearing game or party chat, but my friends are reporting...