Issues With New Atmos Setup, Need Help With Diagnosing.

Discus and support Issues With New Atmos Setup, Need Help With Diagnosing. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hey all, just wanted to post here, as I’ve been having a few issues with my new audio setup, and trying to diagnosing wether this is an issue with the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/AvengedFADE, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Issues With New Atmos Setup, Need Help With Diagnosing.

Hey all, just wanted to post here, as I’ve been having a few issues with my new audio setup, and trying to diagnosing wether this is an issue with the Xbox (and insider program) at the moment, or rather an issue with the Soundbar device itself. I have been part of the program for almost 9 years now, and was hoping other insiders could help me troubleshoot the issue I am having.

I recently purchased a Samsung Q930B sound bar, with two rear satellites and a sub, to be used as a home Atmos setup with my Xbox.

I am currently using an LG G2 OLED 65” with the Series X. In order to retain next gen features I have it wired through eArc (Xbox - TV - Soundbar).

Essentially, with my G2 TV settings;

Digital Sound Output - Passthrough EArc Support - On Xbox - Passthrough my Audio to receiver, and let receiver decode audio.

I was able to (mostly) eliminate the infamous Dolby Atmos audio lag/lipsync issues by following the steps detailed in this post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OLED_Gaming/comments/qg5at6/comment/hths1xr/

So I get practically all checkmarks on my audio options, except for DTS/X (since the LG TV’s don’t support DTS Passthrough).

Photo for reference: https://imgur.com/a/Cy5tUVV

Issue I am having with the setup;

When I set my Xbox to Dolby Atmos Home Theater, it works fine on Atmos enabled games (such as Halo Infinite, Gears 5, etc)

But!!!

When I play non-Atmos enabled games with Dolby Atmos Home Theater audio setting, there are some issue below (compare to LPCM 7.1)

1. If I set Q930B sound mode to Standard, subwoofer won't work as intended. Subwooder will be either very queit or freaking loud. Other channel works well.

2. If I set Q930B sound mode to Surround/Adaptive/Game Pro(which will do upmixing to 11.1.4ch), sound only comes from Front Left and Left Surround speaker on Xbox Dashboard which sounds really weird. In-game, center channel audio is missing so I can't hear footsteps and dialogue.

If I switch the Digital Sound Output on the LG back from “Passthrough” to “Auto”, this seems to alleviate the issue, however this solution also brings back the infamous Atmos lipsync/audio delay, as well as blocks me out from using 7.1 & 5.1 uncompressed.

Looking on websites like Reddit and AVS Forum, it seems that many other users are also having issues with non Atmos content being up mixed through the Xbox and not properly allocating channels with any of the Samsung soundbars and setup (such as the Q990B).

But I’ve also heard from others on AVS forums, and on other subreddits when trying to troubleshoot this issue, is that no matter the setup you have, soundbars will always have issue when playing back non-native Atmos content on the Xbox, and the only way to properly get audio, is to switch to Atmos when playing back native Atmos content, and if the game doesn’t support it, to switch to 7.1 uncompressed Audio. Wether you have a Samsung Q930B or Sonos Arc, or Sony HT A7000, this issue with improper channel allocation is present.

When looking at the recent insider bugs, I do see some listed bugs around audio playback on the Xbox Series X:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/11/28/xbox-insider-release-notes-alpha-2302-221122-1730/

My question to insiders to help me troubleshoot, is are there other users with this soundbar setup having the same issue?

If you have another setup (ex Sony HT A7000, Sonos Arc etc) and using an LG OLED TV, do you also have the same issue regarding non-native Atmos playback when the console is set to output Atmos?

Is there anybody who knows a workaround to this potential issues with the same setup (Samsung soundbars like the Q930B or 990B) or a similar setup from a competing brand.

I am trying to troubleshoot down, wether this is an issue with the Xbox firmware and the insiders, and regardless of your soundbar setup, you will have issues with audio channel allocation in non-Atmos content. Or wether this an Issue with the LG passthrough, and is a problem with the Lg OLED TV’s (as I know these are plagued with audio issues in their own right), or the solution is as simple as changing my audio setup to another brand like the Sony HT A7000, and the issue is strictly with the Samsung soundbars. If that’s the case, then I can simply return this for a better sound setup.

Any help on this subject matter is greatly appreciated, as I have heard conflicted reports on wether this is an issue with the Xbox, and affects other soundbars as well, or is an issue strictly with the Samsung brand of soundbars.

submitted by /u/AvengedFADE
    [link] [comments]

/u/AvengedFADE, Nov 29, 2022
  2. Goofy19781 Win User

XB1X Dolby Atmos problem

with a 5.1 speaker setup you cant have atmos, dont use it.

5.1.2 is the minimal speaker setup for real atmos, and a atmos suporting receiver

dts x works with 5.1 speaker systems, atmos not
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Dolby Atmos and 4K

It would help if you described your actual setup how you connect your console to your TV and sound system, and what TV and sound system models you have.

Also, is your console enrolled in the Insider Preview Program? If so, make sure you send feedback through the Insider App describing the issue you have, what you did to set up Atmos and how setting your display settings disables Atmos.

Be aware, that if you have a 120Hz monitor with 36bits per pixel, Dolby Atmos won't currently work. You'll have to (manually) select a mode with only 30 bits per pixel (10 bit) to get Atmos working with 120 Hz monitors.

In order to help you better, we need a description of your setup.
  4. Kmill85 Win User

Another XSX Dolby Atmos sound delay post. . .

It's definitely not an AV issue. If you take a minute to type the issue into google search drive you'll find all different dolby atmos setups with different sound systems and Tv's that are very capable of providing dolby atmos and you'll find they all have the same issue with no solution.

I have the latest LG G1 OLED with the latest SP11RA dolby atmos soundbar with the same issue. the games are unplayable in Dolby atmos due to the delay. I have it changed to 7.1 for gaming, but I purchased the system to play dolby atmos gaming.
  5. Saeleth Win User

Xbox One X Deletes All My Games

Hi there,

Honestly this sounds like a console defect, I would say setup a repair ticket with Microsoft, they should be able to diagnose and repair without issue.
  6. AndriySemenyuk Win User

Netflix Not Outputting Dolby Atmos On Xbox One

I have had the same issue with Netflix and Apple TV (a few months), no Dolby Atmos, although there is a label Dolby Atmos at the title and chosen track with Dolby Atmos in the application. My AVR shows a PCM input signal for this application.

My setup is: Xbox Series X - Denon AVR X3700H - TV Samsung 75Q80T
Thema:

Issues With New Atmos Setup, Need Help With Diagnosing.

1. Issues With New Atmos Setup, Need Help With Diagnosing. - Similar Threads - Issues Atmos Setup

2. Xbox One X SSD Upgrade Issues (OS:25398.4441)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X SSD Upgrade Issues (OS:25398.4441): I upgraded my drive to a SSD of equal size. Ive used the OSU1 offline updater, unformatted, formated (NTFS), different drives holding the OSU1 file. Ive also tried the Xbox One X hdd windows...
  3. Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue: I am having a problem with my setup. The TV and the Xbox One S detect each other perfectly for Dolby Atmos - and it shows the sign when it's on - but every two or so minutes, the sound cuts out...
  4. Dolby Atmos for headphones issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for headphones issue: Hi all, Recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Headset for my Series X . I paid for the for Dolby Atmos app but I am having an extremely annoying issue with the licence. It keeps advising that I...
  5. Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024: For me, Atmos still has a 500 miliseconds delay and Dolby Vision for games just doesn't work, it only displays Dolby Vision content but none of the compatible games. What do we have to do to use...
  6. Dolby atmos issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby atmos issues: I have been using Dolby atmos on my Xbox for a few years now. Just this past week I have ran into issues. Randomly my audio will cut out for about 2 seconds then switch to windows sonic. When I go...
  7. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows issues with DTS/Atmos/Sonic spatial audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows issues with DTS/Atmos/Sonic spatial audio: Hey I'm syncing my Razer Kaira Pro to the Xbox Adapter but when I enable spatial sound like DTS/Atmos/Sonic it stutters when I'm playing video games? I've tried my old Turtlebeach Stealth 600 Gen...
  8. Dolby Atmos Issue (Series X Rear Channels)

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos Issue (Series X Rear Channels): Something has changed with Dolby Atmos on my Series X. The test tone plays fine, Atmos films and native Atmos games play fine, but anything that isn't native Atmos (where the app/Xbox is...
  9. Dolby Atmos sound issues using a soundbar with HDMI/ARC pass through?

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos sound issues using a soundbar with HDMI/ARC pass through?: I have a dolby atmos soundbar linked up to my xbox using the HDMI/ARC so it is hooked up correctly I've tried to switch the cable round just to make sure like using the opposite ends, for some...
  10. Dolby Atmos and DTS issues Xbox 1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos and DTS issues Xbox 1: I was playing Call of Duty MW2 this evening (May 3, 2023) and everything worked fine. Then it stopped. I uninstalled the apps, reinstalled them, restarted my xbox a few times, but the key issue...