Issues with Network Transfer from One S to Series X

Discus and support Issues with Network Transfer from One S to Series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello I recently purchased an Xbox Series X, and have learned about using Network Transfer to copy my Xbox One games to the Series X. From what I've... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by I Like Drinkin, Oct 20, 2022.

1. Issues with Network Transfer from One S to Series X

:)

I Like Drinkin, Oct 20, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Thank you so much for that you will be needing to install the base game in order to install the add-ons as well.

Enjoy playing your games on your new Xbox console!
  3. I Like Drinkin Win User

Ok so, here's what's happening now:

I'm back to where I had my old connection, and the Series X connects perfectly. The One S, however, is a mess. It shows me as connected to the network, yet it isn't really connected. The time doesn't sync to real time, NAT type unavailable, and I'm seeing Teredo errors (never seen that before). What's more, the One S is EXTREMELY slow when "connected". I've powercycled, restarted the modem, disconnected the Series X, but I can't get full connectivity on the One. Even though it shows i'm connected to the internet, on my home screen it still says "Connect to the Xbox network.

At this point, I'm doing the "keep games and apps" factory reset. I'm thinking there has to be an issue with the One S, and I'm hoping a reset would clear things up.

Yep. The reset did the trick, on this network at least. Network transfer in progress. Would be great if I could copy things like Season Pass content for currently uninstalled games, but I'm just glad I'm able to transfer. ...is there a way to network transfer that content without installing the game itself? Just curious.

Thank you everyone who's helped me get through this mess, it is very much appreciated.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

No it’s not the same thing. It looks like the same thing. The transmit and receive pins are swapped on each side. So you don’t need a hub Or router
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

You can get a crossover cable and just connect them directly. Must be a crossover so the transmit and receive pins are correct
  6. Francia J. Win User

Thank you so much for the detailed information the Home Xbox should not be hindered by network transfer. The issue now can be with your network connection itself. The NAT Type should be OPEN as well, which may cause issues with playing multiplayer.

If you can ask the owner or admin to restart the router that would be great.
Thema:

1. Issues with Network Transfer from One S to Series X - Similar Threads - Issues Network Transfer

2. Network issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network issue: I recently bought a refurbished xbox online from gamestop and it wont connect to the wifi. Sometimes if I'm lucky itll connect but I found out I need to switch to IPv6 I have IPv4 but I dont know...
  3. Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...: So I'm here to shed some light of the situation at the very least as Microsoft don't bother looking into the issue as it isn't really their issue to deal with nonetheless. Possible causes: ISP...
  4. Network transfer issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network transfer issue: I bought an Xbox series s my old Xbox was given to my younger brother. On the old Xbox I bought sea of thieves. When I went to network transfer it worked. Then I reset my Xbox and now I can’t play...
  5. Xbox series X network & games issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X network & games issue: my Xbox series x works fine and connects to wifi but won’t load games on wifi. Like any game pass game will come up with a message about it being a trial to buy the game or check the subscription...
  6. Network Delta issue to the point can't play

in XboX Insiders
    Network Delta issue to the point can't play: As of the 1st of the year something happened and everything is so slow it like my account is screwed up to the max! i've called tech support only to get blown of and pissed off! i have a 400...
  7. Please help, networking issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help, networking issue: Iv'e tried everything to connect to xbox live, but I keep getting "there is a problem with your connection" , I have done all the suggestions and the virtual agent, nothings working...
  8. Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues: I’m in a flat share with some other people so we all share the same internet. When we play with others over the internet party chat works fine. When we try to add each other from the same house...
  9. Xbox network issues and purchase and content usage and can't play a game without getting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox network issues and purchase and content usage and can't play a game without getting...: On my Xbox it says network connection good but Xbox service are having issues and been like that for a few days and I get kicked out of games and lag sometimes I've restarted my console removed my...
  10. Trying to network transfer my games and addons but having issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to network transfer my games and addons but having issues: So I’m trying to network transfer my games and addons from Xbox one to Xbox series x but Everytime the addons install they don’t work and I don’t know what to do. Anyone help?...