Issues with my Xbox X disk drive

Discus and support Issues with my Xbox X disk drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I hadn't played for two months and I restarted two days ago. First day, everything was perfect after updating the console and games. Second... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BottledStorm, Mar 22, 2019.

  1. BottledStorm
    BottledStorm Guest

    Issues with my Xbox X disk drive


    Hello,

    I hadn't played for two months and I restarted two days ago.

    • First day, everything was perfect after updating the console and games.
    • Second day, I had an 0x82D40004 error while the game disk was in. The console wouldn't eject the disk, only make the usual chime when pressing the button then nothing. I followed the troubleshooting guide and restarting the console made the eject button
      work again. I wiped the disk, put it back in and was able to play.
    • Today, third day, same issue than day two only the eject button wouldn't work despite the restarts. So I followed the rest of the troubleshooting steps ( https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/manually-eject-disc ) and got a sliver of disk to pinch
      and delicately pull out.
    Only now the disk drive doesn't react at all, no pulling in disks.

    Please help, I have no idea what to do.

    :)
     
    BottledStorm, Mar 22, 2019
    #1
  2. BottledStorm Win User

    Issues with my Xbox X disk drive

    Hi Lance J,

    I hadn't and did the reset with the keep games&app option.

    It works again!!!

    Thank you so much!

    So happy it won't need repair.

    Issue solved <3
  3. XBF Lance J Win User

    Issues with my Xbox X disk drive

    Hey Bottled Storm,

    Thank you for reaching out. If you haven't already done so, try performing a factory reset on your console by doing the following:

    1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.
    A
    repair
    may be needed if you are still experiencing issues with the disc drive. Let us know how it goes! :D
  4. stevenicks Win User

    Blu ray has taken too long to start (0x802705a)

    yeah my drive on my Xbox One X has stopped playing most of my DVD's and some game disks recently at first I thought it was because of game pass as it seem as the games come off game pass the games on disk stopped working? so I canceled GamePass but game
    disks will sometimes work or sometimes not? playing DVD's still an issue, I dont know if its the drive or something to do with how microsoft store manages things but it now seems like I have an Xbox One X thats depenent on Microsofts store for games or movies
    from now on. so I have basicly an Digital Download Only Xbox One X now :( Im just going to have to bite the bullet and sell all the games I have on disk :( at a massive loss to :/
  5. jevgeni polujanov1 Win User

    I do have the current Xbox Series X with the disk drive will I need the Digital Xbox Series X without the disk drive when it will announced and released yes or no?

    Gerardo Upgrade to the New Digital Xbox Series X or stick with current Xbox Series X the one with disk drive on the physical one ?

    Yours sincerely Jevgeni
  6. ngocphi Win User

    why was a batch of backwards compatible xbox games delisted recently????

    Huh the series x has a disk.drive

    You do know there are 2 consoles right

    The clearly digital only xbox series s and the disk and digital xbox series x

    Only the ps5 is planed as modular diskless with optional disk drive

    There was never announcement of xbox changes
Thema:

Issues with my Xbox X disk drive

Loading...
  1. Issues with my Xbox X disk drive - Similar Threads - Issues disk drive

  2. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  3. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  4. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  5. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  6. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  7. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  8. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  9. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  10. Issue when installing games from disk on Series X: cannot properly detect required space

    in XboX Insiders
    Issue when installing games from disk on Series X: cannot properly detect required space: Hello all, I am opening this post to report an issue I've found recently on my Series X. So the console fails to install games from disk if there is not enough space left on the selected drive....