issues with mic after activating new internet modem & router

Discus and support issues with mic after activating new internet modem & router in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i just got a new modem & router for my internet. after activating it, when i join a party on my computer through the xbox game bar, everyone says that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Trinoc nexus, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Trinoc nexus
    Trinoc nexus Guest

i just got a new modem & router for my internet. after activating it, when i join a party on my computer through the xbox game bar, everyone says that my voice keeps cutting out. i have a wireless rig 800. it was working fine before hooking up the new modem & router.

when i try connecting the headset to my xbox, the xbox doesnt even recognize that its plugged in. i never tried connecting it to my xbox before because ive always used xbox game bar for parties. now i cant even use my good mic.

im on the original xbox one but the issue is through the xbox game bar on windows 10.

:)

Trinoc nexus, Nov 11, 2021
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Trinoc, how are you today? Hope you're well.

Since it's started when you changed or modem and router, try to configure them like this:

If you're using a PC:

Call your internet service provider, and ask them to open the ports described below on your router.

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)

Also ask to disable and then, enable it again the UPnP function and if you have a modem and a router the process has to be done on both devices.

Besides, ask them to put their PC's IP in the DMZ zone configuration.

To locate the IP of your PC: On the taskbar, select Wi-Fi network > the Wi-Fi network you're connected to > Properties.

Under Properties, look for your IP address listed next to IPv4 address.
  3. Trinoc nexus Win User

i tried this soon after your reply but unfortunately this didn't solve the problem. while using the wireless mic through the xbox game bar, im told its still cutting in & out when i talk & now unlike before... the other person cuts in & out as well.

the only change that wasn't made was putting the Pc's IP in the DMZ zone. i was told by the lead who helped me that this isn't a smart thing to do and based on what information he shared, im not sure why anyone would even suggest such a thing nor do i understand how that would be part of a solution to this problem.
  4. xXI Dad IXx Win User

conecting to Xbox Live

you need to powercycle router and modem and then turn xbox on first so it gets port 1, you do this by turning off everything connected to internet then unplug modem and then unplug router, wait 5 mins then plug modem in and wait till lighta are on and active
    then plug in router and wait till all lighta are active that need to be make sure to turn on xbox first you have open port issues. that should fix it remember to wait 5 minutes.
  5. PloverLover jr Win User

xbox live problems

Our internet was just upgraded to a 4g internet connection and we recieved a new router and modem from xplornet. it was only after this happened that our xbox's started to get the error code.
  6. OutgoingWalrus Win User

Connected on test, but can't connect to live.

I'm not too sure whether this has anything to do with the service alert today as my issue began a few days ago.

Also this may be worth mentioning, but I recently had my ISP tech come by for my internet troubles during the time my XBL started to fail. I started to play around with my router (opening ports, etc) and ended up updating the firmware in hopes to get XBL
    to work but my update failed for some reason (it was a stable wired connection) and it appeared to brick my router. So with my router down I tried connecting through the modem directly but even with the cable light on, I was getting no internet access.

So during the tech's visit he suggested to update my modem and router as they were really dated (3-4 years old) and magically, my internet started work with a new router/modem. However, after breaking my router and getting a new modem/router it's still
    not working for XBL.
Thema:

1. issues with mic after activating new internet modem & router - Similar Threads - issues mic activating

2. Issues with my mic

in XBoX on Windows
    Issues with my mic: So I have a headset and a controller that I use separately normally but I want to use both my headset and controller but it is not working. If I have my controller connected I cannot talk but if I...
  3. Mic issues.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic issues.: Are there any current mic issues especially when utilizing call of duty. I can hear fine and just can't use my mic. I have the issue on both my xbox one and xbox s. I have tri 3 different turtle...
  4. Is anyone else still having issues with their Xbox Wireless Headset breaking where the mic...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else still having issues with their Xbox Wireless Headset breaking where the mic...: [img] It seems to be a known issue as I’ve seen another thread where many people had their headset break in the same place. I saw a Microsoft moderator mention to post a new thread as that one...
  5. Mic issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic issues.: Are there any current mic issues especially when utilizing call of duty. I can hear fine and just can't use my mic. I have the issue on both my xbox one and xbox s. I have tri 3 different turtle...
  6. how to fix mic issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to fix mic issue: so whenever i have game bar up people can hear me in party chat but when i close it and im am still in the party no one can hear me d2330474-faad-48d1-8579-0bbc715b10fb
  7. discord voice chat and in-game mic issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    discord voice chat and in-game mic issue: when I'm using discord talking with friends my mic is not muted but when I play overwatch 2 and still in the voice channels that mic in game won't work and I have overwatch mic set to open I can't...
  8. Xbox game bar issue (mic only works when actively looking in game bar)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar issue (mic only works when actively looking in game bar): Every time I click off game bar to play a game my mic doesn't take any input, however it work as excepted while looking at xbox game bar. I have tried alot of different things such as updating...
  9. Mic issues on pc

in XBoX Accessibility
    Mic issues on pc: Is anyone else’s mic stopping working after they click off of the Xbox game bar on pc? It works as long as I’m on the game bar but as soon as I click off the mic stops registering. I have...
  10. Mic issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic issues: Hi. Here’s my problem. Mic doesn’t output so I can’t chat. My settings are Samsung Smart tv + Xbox wireless headphones + Xbox controller. I don’t have console because I play through Xbox app...