Issues with HDR Calibration App - Cannot See White Squares

Discus and support Issues with HDR Calibration App - Cannot See White Squares in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'm trying to run the HDR Calibration tool on my Series X. I can see the squares on the Minimum Luminance screen and adjust accordingly. However, when... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/hulksmash865, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Issues with HDR Calibration App - Cannot See White Squares

I'm trying to run the HDR Calibration tool on my Series X. I can see the squares on the Minimum Luminance screen and adjust accordingly. However, when it goes to the Maximum Luminance, I cannot see the squares no matter which way on the d-pad I go (darker/lighter). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/hulksmash865
    [link] [comments]

/u/hulksmash865, Jun 10, 2022
  2. MichaelDigby Win User

Colors are brighter and washed out in games when HDR is active on Xbox Series X

Same and when I go into hdr calibration it's the same white washed look that doesn't change with darker/brighter slider
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Alejandro, how are you today, my friend? Hope you're well.

Have you tried to calibrate the HDR settings on your xbox?

To use the HDR Game Calibration app, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then select Profile & system > Settings > General > TV & display options > Calibrate HDR for games. Make sure to adjust HDR picture settings while your TV is in HDR mode.
  4. Marcos Erro Young Win User

I have a problem with the HDR calibrator of my Xbox series x..

Ok ill try to 3xplain, becouse im Spanish and my english is limited.........my tv suports HDR 10 120 hrz and DV 60 hrz, but i allways play in HDR......there no problem with the image, but if i live on DTM and use the app HDR calibrator on XSX thevminimun luminance is not the problem , but the 2 and 3 step slowly fade away up to 3900 nits ( thats incorrect ), but when i use HGIG IN THE 2 and 3 step the squares fade and the one more click need it to hard clip they reapear again, it does it at 500, 700 , 950 neally clips and 1250 nits it hard clips...it happens in the games too, i dont know if the HGIG in the LG NANO90 2020 has a problem or is the console.......Rtings.com says my tv has 650 max nits and other sites.....but anyway the black squares in the cheeckboard should slowly fade, not disapear and reapear all the way to 1250 were the checkboard is tottally white....as i said it happens in games too, but the image is perfect in 650 nits, my tv is perfectly calibrated for games in pc mode and so on....it cost over 1000 euros 2 years ago.......thank you by the way console and tv are perfect setting, i used Vincent Teohs of HDVTest settings for console and tv
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox Series S Graphics performances

I’m good, thanks for asking ;)

As far as I know there is no way to “factory reset” the HDR calibration tool.

But you can try factory resetting your console but keeping games and apps to see if that helps

But before that try disabling temporarily automatic HDR via settings > general > video options (or similar) > video modes
    Once disable automatic HDR test if you can see a general improve
  6. ErSulba Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.
    My name is Vinicius.
    I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Alejandro, how are you today, my friend? Hope you're well.

Have you tried to calibrate the HDR settings on your xbox?

To use the HDR Game Calibration app, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then select Profile & system > Settings > General > TV & display options > Calibrate HDR for games. Make sure to adjust HDR picture settings while your TV is in HDR mode.
    i did it, i reseted to the default setting and then proceed to calibrate HDR for games, i did all the calibration steps but the colors keep looking washed out, for example the game The Medium everything looks foggy and black colors are always brighter than they should, on another more colorfull games all the colors are washed out, and this is not happening with any other device connected to my TV, only with the xbox
Thema:

Issues with HDR Calibration App - Cannot See White Squares

1. Issues with HDR Calibration App - Cannot See White Squares - Similar Threads - Issues HDR Calibration

2. Xbox One X SSD Upgrade Issues (OS:25398.4441)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X SSD Upgrade Issues (OS:25398.4441): I upgraded my drive to a SSD of equal size. Ive used the OSU1 offline updater, unformatted, formated (NTFS), different drives holding the OSU1 file. Ive also tried the Xbox One X hdd windows...
  3. Elite Series 2 input delay issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 input delay issue: I bought my Elite Series 2 about 4 months ago, it was working like a charm and I haven't noticed any issues with it and it happened to be my favourite controller. But about a week ago, all of a...
  4. login issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    login issue: i have a xbox 1 series x. everytime i try to login to my account it keeps saying “something went wrong” but it lets me login on the xbox app. ive tried to hard retart my xbox and it didnt work, i...
  5. XBox Controller Issues - Frustrated Son and Mom

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Controller Issues - Frustrated Son and Mom: My son recently got an Xbox One off a friend. We’re new to the gaming world. He keeps getting a message in the middle of games that says “you must connect a controller to play” (paraphrased), even...
  6. Disney+ 4K & YouTube HDR Video Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Disney+ 4K & YouTube HDR Video Issues: Xbox Series X - Alpha OS HDR on YouTube on my Xbox Series X has been broken for some time. Nearly every HDR video has major artifacting such as massively blown out highlights and colour fringing....
  7. Black Screen Issue - HDR bug or console problem?

in XboX Insiders
    Black Screen Issue - HDR bug or console problem?: Hello everyone, can someone help me with this? I was calmly playing Forza Motorsport with my Series s that I bought a month ago, everything was fine but when I press the home button to return to...
  8. Audio issues when switching from a game in HDR to an SDR game.

in XboX Insiders
    Audio issues when switching from a game in HDR to an SDR game.: Hey so I’ve been having a random issue where if I’m playing a game that’s in HDR (example: Forza Horizon 5, Starfield, etc.) and the. Switch to a game that’s in SDR like Minecraft I lose all audio...
  9. Screen dimming issue with 4k/hdr

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen dimming issue with 4k/hdr: I have an Xbox series X and an LG gaming monitor which have always worked great. Recently, I did a reset on the Xbox to clear the cache. Since then, every time I log into a game, it is super dim...
  10. Issue with HDR on monitor with XBox and freesync?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with HDR on monitor with XBox and freesync?: So I use an ASUS swift pg32uq monitor, I have this weird issue, YouTube doesn't play HDR content on Xbox series x properly, gets super dark and writing flickers white. if I don't use HDR console...