Issues with family account adding second child profile

Discus and support Issues with family account adding second child profile in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; How do you add a second child to the family profile. I created the second child email account and now it states the child is already a part of the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Richard Ocarroll, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Issues with family account adding second child profile

How do you add a second child to the family profile. I created the second child email account and now it states the child is already a part of the family but I do not see them on the family and can’t find out how to remove them from the family.

Their name seems to part of the family but can’t see them. I had similar issue with my profile that I set up where I had to set up another account as family organiser as Xbox says I am already in a family but can’t see that on family account

:)

Richard Ocarroll, Jan 11, 2024
  2. Sir KiKo and Co Win User

Unable to add a child account as a family member

Hello Dan,

There is no error displayed. I added Xbox Live account of my second child via Download Profile on Xbox. The account was added without a problem. Then I checked Settings > Family, but there was only an account of my first child. The same situation is on
    my XBox Live Account (on the internet); under Security, Family...-->Privacy & Online Safety. There is only first child too.

Martin
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

Profile Issues

There are 2 ways for an account to be seen in the system as a child account.

1. The DOB on the account when it was originally setup. There is no way to change this in the Xbox profile side of things.

2. If it is part of a family as a child account. Even as an adult an account can be added to a family as a child and the system will see it as a child account. You can sign into your account at account.microsoft.com/family and it will tell you if you are
    in a family and whether you are an adult or child in the familly. If your account is the only one on the page that means that you are the only member of the family and the account is considered an adult account.
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Kinderkonto zu Erwachsenenkonto Stufen -[Translation - Children's account to adult account levels]

Hello PhilipBasgal,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in changing a child account to an adult account. Once an account has been established as a child account, it cannot be changed to an adult account until the child turns
    18. The best way to manage the child account is to
    add it to a family
    . This requires an adult account to add the child account to the family. Once the child account has been added to the adult account's family, the child account will be able to access online features. Be sure to let us know the results!
  5. choppyseize Win User

Child won't appear on Xbox privacy settings

Once you've added the Childs account into your family. You make the changes through the parent account in the family settings. Be sure to sign the profile out then back in so the changes take effect.
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox Family cannot add anyone getting error going on over 2 weeks with support

That's correct as they are child accounts and you mentioned they haven't been added to the family, in the account that manage to enter the privacy settings leave the current family even if there no one else in that family, after this log out of the family site and restart the browser

Once done with that create the family again, with that account being the organizer, and add the child accounts, remember that child accounts can't be organizer they must be added as childs, and check each account on the family site prior to this to verify that they aren't linked to other families
Thema:

Issues with family account adding second child profile

1. Issues with family account adding second child profile - Similar Threads - Issues family account

2. Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity

in XboX Insiders
    Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity: For some reason my elite series 2 controller randomly has its inputs become sensitive. For example if I try to move over 1 app it moves over 2 or 3 if does this with the sticks and d pad. Parts of...
  3. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  4. Issue with family account spending web page.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issue with family account spending web page.: The page for spending options for my childs account won't work. I've tried to access this web page from several different devices and it shows an error. I need to change settings for the account...
  5. Issues with Game Pass Ultimate not letting family members play at the same time.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues with Game Pass Ultimate not letting family members play at the same time.: Husband bought new Xbox Series X. We have Game Pass Ultimate. Our son could play all of his game pass games at the same time his dad was playing his Xbox before we got the new one. Now that we...
  6. Gamespass issues with family group

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamespass issues with family group: I'm a clueless mum with 3 kids and due to lack of telephone or chat support getting very frustrated. We're all under the Xbox family and I recently got gamepass ultimate free with bt. Problem is,...
  7. Issues with family account set up

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issues with family account set up: When creating the account for my child, I accidentally used the same email and password for both parent and child account, and now it has me locked in as child user, and I cannot change...
  8. Minecraft Bedrock Edition Family Share issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock Edition Family Share issue: Hello, so I’m trying to do family sharing of Minecraft Bedrock Edition with my girlfriend on her own laptop. I added her to the family, connected her device, downloaded Minecraft Launcher from...
  9. Microsoft Family account issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family account issue: Hello, I created a new profile and account for my child on our Xbox but a new parent account was generated using my phone number instead of my actual account. Help FAQ says I can just remove the...
  10. Multiple Family Settings Issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Multiple Family Settings Issues: Thank you to anyone that can be of assistance with the issues I am having. I have contacted support with little success, and I plan to give it another try, but perhaps you all can steer me in the...