Issues with downloading games via the Xbox app

Discus and support Issues with downloading games via the Xbox app in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have recently had huge issues downloading games over the Xbox app. For understanding of my setup. I have 1G/1G fiber internet. I also have 10G fiber... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Blu Barrett, May 10, 2023.

1. Blu Barrett
    Blu Barrett Guest

I have recently had huge issues downloading games over the Xbox app.

For understanding of my setup. I have 1G/1G fiber internet. I also have 10G fiber from my desktop to my switch out to the internet. This is all enterprise gear. I can easily get 6-8G download speed over local network. I just wiped my computer (twice) using a windows disk and found this out:

1. If you have just normal 1G ethernet connections with your computer and the switch/router it works just fine. No issues. I get 50-100MB/s speeds here.

2. If you use a sfn5122f to connect to the switch it bogs down greatly. I get 8-10MB/s speed here.

During both tests I reinstalled the whole OS and it was completely clean.

:)

Blu Barrett, May 10, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hi Blu Barrett,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you are having issues downloading games through Xbox apps on PC. As per description, you have the device specs and a good internet speed.

Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern. However, before we proceed, we would like to ask few questions about it.

1. When did the problem start?
    2. What is the current version and edition of Windows Installed? (Search for WINVER in Windows search to see this)
    3. What troubleshooting steps have you done?

These above questions would help us provide the necessary information. Once we have gathered all the information, we will formulate the viable solution to help you with your case.

For the meantime, we would suggest the troubleshooting steps provided in the articles here. Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store - Microsoft Support.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi Blu Barrett,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  4. TAHER TAHER1 Win User

Prey on Games Pass for PC

Hi again. You can also try downloading it via the xbox game pass app this sometimes resolves the issue
  5. Francia J. Win User

Problem downloading games

I appreciate it! Let's try to install the games via Xbox App.

Launch an Xbox App on your mobile device > Search for the game that you're having an issue with > Download to Console.
  6. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Halo Master Chief Collection not working

I feel you. And yes, the issue might clearly be deeper than a failed downloading. In my case, I download the game in one go but, I'm on pc and not on Xbox One.
    I had issues launching the game last night via the Xbox (Beta) app on the PC, but it managed to launch fine via the old app, the Xbox Console Companion app. Others mentioned that it launched fine through the executable, and the shortcut in the Windows 10
    Start menu. If you're still having issues loading the game, try one of those methods, hopefully that helps.
Thema:

1. Issues with downloading games via the Xbox app - Similar Threads - Issues downloading games

2. Issues downloading games from microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    Issues downloading games from microsoft store: Hi there, I recently downlloaded gears of war 4 from the microsoft store as i was having problems with the xbox pc game app capping my dowload speed, and when i opened the game after fully...
  3. Xbox Series X game download issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X game download issues: My xbox has internet connection problems when I download a game. It sometimes only downloads at 5-100 mbit/s. However, when I check the connection between the xbox and the router, the xbox shows...
  4. Assistance with technical issue of game not downloading.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assistance with technical issue of game not downloading.: I'm downloading Mortal Kombat 1 for Xbox Series X and when I first install it for the first time, it stops, I managed to get to 60gb after changing disc 1 to disc 2 as there are 2 disc's and...
  5. Issue With Downloading Games (Error Code 0x87e00196)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue With Downloading Games (Error Code 0x87e00196): I have been having issues all morning with downloading MSFS on PC. I force stopped, reset, and uninstalled the Xbox app and Gaming services but have had no luck with being able to download this...
  6. I have an issue where i can download any other game but fortnite even though i have 900 gb...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an issue where i can download any other game but fortnite even though i have 900 gb...: I have an xbox one its last update was on 12/24/2023 2:11 AM 9d937bc7-34c5-4c84-a610-9dcabba01994
  7. Gaming Services Download Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services Download Issue: Hi, I had been playing my games on the xbox app. I come on today to find its sayin I dont have Gaming Services downloaded, I have looked at other questions on this forum and have attempted the...
  8. I can't download one specific game, it's the only one with this issue.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download one specific game, it's the only one with this issue.: I've been trying to download Rainbow Six Siege from the PC game pass for weeks now, but with no luck. The "Install" button will switch between having a globe/internet symbol next to the word...
  9. can't download games to hard drive on xbox gamepass, ran into weird issue with the h drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    can't download games to hard drive on xbox gamepass, ran into weird issue with the h drive...: so when i tried to download games to my h drive it would never let me, and nothing i found on here or anywhere else would help, and when i was messing around trying to find a solution, i went to...
  10. Having issues downloading Exo primal from PC game pass Store.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having issues downloading Exo primal from PC game pass Store.: Just built my first Gaming PC. Trying to download some games and Exoprimal does not want to download from gamepass. It says error and the error code is : 0x87e00196. I have check my region time...