Issues with corrupt cloud saves with series x

Discus and support Issues with corrupt cloud saves with series x in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So this has happened twice now with dramatically different total game play times. On this latest occurrence, I had around 40 hours of game play and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Pete Maresco, Nov 11, 2023.

  1. Pete Maresco
    Pete Maresco Guest

    Issues with corrupt cloud saves with series x


    So this has happened twice now with dramatically different total game play times. On this latest occurrence, I had around 40 hours of game play and progress. Played Fallout 4 last night, finished up, saved, exited, quit and shut down as normal. Went to go continue my game today, and as soon as the game loaded the main menu where you access your saves to load, the screen froze with a loud buzz then crashed to xbox homescreen. If I try loading another xbox profile, I can play (starting a new game). I deleted the local reserve space for save data, tried again, and it buzzed, froze and crashed. The buzz is the menu audio freezing and glitching. I then jad an idea to test it.. I have another xbox that didn't have the game or any related files on it, so I downloaded the game and it's dlc. Signed into the prfile the issue is with. Same thing happened. So now between the 2 attempts, ive lost somewhere around 8 days worth of progress and it all points to an issue with the cloud data. Is there any way to remedy this ? I don't care how complex it is if it's possible, because it's tragic when this happens and you lose everything you out so much time into.

    :)
     
    Pete Maresco, Nov 11, 2023
    #1
  2. CarTzy Win User

    Issues with corrupt cloud saves with series x

    Hi!

    We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question?

    Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

    Issues with corrupt cloud saves with series x

    Hello Pete Maresco,

    Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

    I'm an Xbox support expert and I'm sorry to hear about your issue with corrupt cloud saves. I understand how frustrating it can be to lose your progress in a game like Fallout 4. I'll try to help you as best as I can.



    First, I need to ask you some questions to diagnose the problem:



    - Have you tried clearing the cache on both of your Xbox consoles? To do this, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds until the console shuts down completely. Then unplug the power cord and wait for another 10 seconds before plugging it back in and turning on the console.

    - Have you checked your network connection and made sure it is stable and fast enough to sync your cloud saves? You can test your network speed and latency by going to Settings > Network settings > Test network speed & statistics.

    - Have you updated your game and console to the latest version? Sometimes, outdated software can cause compatibility issues with cloud saves. You can check for updates by going to My games & apps > Manage > Updates.



    If you have done all of these steps and the issue persists, then it is possible that your cloud save data is corrupted or damaged beyond repair. Unfortunately, there is no way to recover or restore corrupted cloud save data at this time. I apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment this may cause you.



    However, there are some steps you can take to prevent this issue from happening again in the future:



    - Always make sure to save your game manually before exiting or quitting. Do not rely on autosave or quicksave features, as they may not sync properly with the cloud.

    - Always make sure to close the game properly before shutting down or switching off your console. Do not use the instant-on mode or the resume feature, as they may interfere with the cloud sync process.

    - Always make sure to have enough free space on your console's internal storage and external hard drive (if you have one). Low storage space can affect the performance and stability of your games and cloud saves.

    See: How can I stop my Xbox One Fallout 4 save files from being corrupted? - Bethesda Support

    What do I do if I am missing my Fallout 4 saves on Xbox? - Bethesda Support



    I hope this information helps you and I appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again. Thank you for choosing Xbox and have a great day.
  4. Kevin Robinson1 Win User

    Forza horizon 5 syncs and I can play on cloud play but when I install the game it syncs then crashes on loading screen Xbox series x

    Installed fh5 again it syncs starts loading then still crashes the save can't be corrupt because it works on cloud play Xbox series x don't know what to do
  5. WellWorn Win User

    Syncing issues with Starfield when playing via Cloud

    This is certainly an issue with cloud saves for starfield.

    I have this issue syncing from series x to PC, and steamdeck.

    cloud is taking a long time to update.

    Can be fixed by just leaving your xbox running. I guess, giving it time to sync.
  6. Smwutches Win User

    How do I transfer my data from my Xbox 360 to a Series X if my 360 does not start?

    Your saved data would need to be stored on the cloud in order to move it to the Series X. If you had that set up before your console went out, then the games will sync the data when you start them on the Series X. Otherwise, you'd need to be able to sign into the console to enable cloud saves unfortunately.
Thema:

Issues with corrupt cloud saves with series x

Loading...
  1. Issues with corrupt cloud saves with series x - Similar Threads - Issues corrupt cloud

  2. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  3. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  4. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  5. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  6. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  7. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  8. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  9. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  10. Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead: Hello all, Any help here would be great. I have a Steel Series Arctis Nova 7x Headset and an Xbox series X. I'm not having an issue with hearing game or party chat, but my friends are reporting...