Issues with a player online

Discus and support Issues with a player online in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello guys, I have just received a message from a player on Xbox Live who I believe has made a threat towards me. I won't include his gamertag unless... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SCS Skreamies, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Issues with a player online

Hello guys, I have just received a message from a player on Xbox Live who I believe has made a threat towards me. I won't include his gamertag unless asked, also I can provide picture proof.

In the message he had sent me were the following words "ip traced gringo c u soon" which I believe he means that he knows where I live.

Please can I get some help here?

:)

SCS Skreamies, Jan 5, 2014
  2. HassanB
    HassanB Guest
    Connection issues with online play

@DemonGuard - Have you tried to delete your gamer profile and then recover it? Try that out by following the directions located here:

support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete
    . Report back and let me know if that actually worked for you as it has for a lot of others that have been experiencing this issue.

HassanB, Jan 5, 2014
  3. Demonguard
    Demonguard Guest
    Connection issues with online play

For some of the past week and this week, I've had a disconnection issue while trying to play any game on live. My connection is fine when im at the dashboard or playing a game single player, but when I try to play a game over live it'll randomly freeze
    or i'll just get a message saying "lost connection to xbox live" and be kicked out of the game. Any suggestions what exactly could cause this? I've tried a router reset and that didn't help at all.

Thanks

Demonguard, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Issues with a player online

Is this all? Apparently he knows where I live. It kind of seems a bit more serious than blocking and reporting?

SCS Skreamies, Jan 5, 2014
  5. He does not know where you live,he knows your IP address.

If he effects your internet connection in any way,report it to your ISP.

THEOWENKILLER, Jan 5, 2014
  6. Thanks for the help and reassurance. I have done both block/report on the player.

Have a good day Issues with a player online :)

SCS Skreamies, Oct 31, 2018
  7. SCS Skreamies Win User

Thanks for the help and reassurance. I have done both block/report on the player.

Have a good day :)
  8. THEOWENKILLER Win User

He does not know where you live,he knows your IP address.

If he effects your internet connection in any way,report it to your ISP.
  9. SCS Skreamies Win User

Is this all? Apparently he knows where I live. It kind of seems a bit more serious than blocking and reporting?
  10. DethOn2Legs Win User

Multi Player online issues

I had the same issues, since I have uninstalled 3 DLC's I purchased, I can find games easier. I still think it is a bug in the game. I can COD Ghost games alot easier and faster.
  11. XBF Zineb F Win User

multi player / online issues

Hello there @yungducky14, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following
    steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500
    (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you
    to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!

Feel free to give us your feedback by voting below if the reply was helpful!
Thema:

1. Issues with a player online - Similar Threads - Issues player online

2. Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity

in XboX Insiders
    Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity: For some reason my elite series 2 controller randomly has its inputs become sensitive. For example if I try to move over 1 app it moves over 2 or 3 if does this with the sticks and d pad. Parts of...
  3. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  4. Choppy party chat issues when multiple players join the party (Xbox Series S)

in XboX Insiders
    Choppy party chat issues when multiple players join the party (Xbox Series S): I have issues hearing multiple people in party chat. I live in a building with one of my friends (Friend A) and the other one lives a few miles away (Friend B). Friend A plays on PC, while friend...
  5. Issues with 2 player games and controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with 2 player games and controllers: When playing one game and using 2 controllers one won’t work, they change player 1 mode or we have to sign one in as a guest. When playing another game we select 1 player option and it won’t...
  6. Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.

in XboX Insiders
    Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.: It has no media server access, and it has an unfriendly UI when navigating through a large library of music. Also it's impossible to transfer from PC to internal storage. It reads metadata...
  7. How do I fix this issue with the cd player?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix this issue with the cd player?: I have an Xbox and I was trying to listen to my cds but it kept saying that the songs couldn’t play because I didn’t have enough storage after deleting a couple apps that took up a lot of storage....
  8. PGA 2K23- creating players having issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PGA 2K23- creating players having issues: PGA 2K23 for xbox. It does not let me create additional golfers and enter the names of them. On the player screen it only shows his country, gender and one more thing. The name your player option...
  9. Xbox Series X Blu-ray player issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X Blu-ray player issues: My games work fine, but when I try to play a movie the screen shakes, but everything else seems fine with the movie just the shake of the screen. I unplugged the hdmi cord, I uninstalled the app...
  10. slot 2 for controllers??? (No Second player allowed to use second controller) UNFIXED ISSUE!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    slot 2 for controllers??? (No Second player allowed to use second controller) UNFIXED ISSUE!!: PC reads both devices as plugged in. Both Xbox controllers appear in microsoft accessories... but only ONE SLOT is available. This means ONE CONTROLLER will control BOTH players in any 2 player...