Issues with a loud fan on Series S

Discus and support Issues with a loud fan on Series S in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Has anyone else had any issues with their Series S fan? When I first started using it on day of release it was practically silent but now, depending... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Sam11777, Aug 23, 2021.

  1. /u/Sam11777
    /u/Sam11777 Guest

    Issues with a loud fan on Series S


    Has anyone else had any issues with their Series S fan?

    When I first started using it on day of release it was practically silent but now, depending on the game, it can sometimes be so loud that I can hear it over the game volume. It hasn’t been moved at all and has always been sat on top of a desk in a well ventilated area.

    Has anyone else had a similar problem and is there anything I can do to quiet it down.

    submitted by /u/Sam11777
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/Sam11777, Aug 23, 2021
    #1
  2. LucaAvvinti Win User

    Xbox Series X fan runs loud when playing Series X games

    So, I recently noticed that my Xbox Series X fan runs loud when playing Series X|S / Optimised for Series X|S games specifically.

    It’s quite strange as it’s dead quiet every other time, but as soon as I start a Series X|S game, the fan becomes so loud that I need to turn up the tv volume.. it’s quite distracting.

    Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions?

    FYI - My Series X is a pre-order/launch day model.. and it sits in an open and well ventilated tv/entertainment stand*

    In comparison, I owned an Xbox One S for three years and I never heard the fan on that.
    I’m having the exact same problem now. The only time my Xbox sounds loud is when running series x enhanced games, it’s completely fine on old gen games. Have you had this issue fixed or is it still a problem now?
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    Xbox series s oyunu başlatmaması / xbox series s not open game

    Hi, your fan is working as expected

    Xbox Series S is not a loud device, my console fan sounds the same when I put my ear very close to the device
  4. Ross Duckering Win User

    Xbox Series S / Excessive fan noise.

    Thanks for your reply,

    Do you hear your fan over gaming?

    If I’m offered a replacement or refund I may just pay the extra for the series x.

    Does anyone with a series s know if the fan should be as loud as described above? Can’t see this being normal, plus it’s intermittent.
  5. MagHie Win User

    Xbox series x fan noise

    I have the same issue. Since Fortnite Season two release the Xbox Series X fan is loud. Not in other games. It seems to be a Fortnite issue. I hope this will not damage my console??
  6. イザヤ Win User

    Xbox One X Fan sounds way louder than usual

    Ok I moved it and it has not shut off sense but the Xbox One X Fan noise is not constant and is still loud maybe not as loud as a jet engine like I describe before but still loud way louder than my Xbox One S and OG Xbox One, it would have a fan burst
    when I'm playing which is loud and annoying and the fan noise would never be at a constant noise level while I'm playing a game.
Thema:

Issues with a loud fan on Series S

Loading...
  1. Issues with a loud fan on Series S - Similar Threads - Issues loud fan

  2. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  3. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  6. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  7. Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead: Hello all, Any help here would be great. I have a Steel Series Arctis Nova 7x Headset and an Xbox series X. I'm not having an issue with hearing game or party chat, but my friends are reporting...
  8. Delta dashboard lag issues on first bootup

    in XboX Insiders
    Delta dashboard lag issues on first bootup: I am in Delta test phase and been recently having lots of dashboard lag when you first boot up. It takes longer to load the dashboard than it normally does. Clearing the Mac address and reboot...
  9. Disc to Digital Xbox One S issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Xbox One S issue: I just recently installed insider and have Omega. I installed multiple Xbox One discs older and newer and they seem to not allow claiming the digital license. Maybe I'm confused about something...
  10. Disc to digital issue no update available

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital issue no update available: i have two xbox one consoles and original xbox one and an xbox one s both enrolled in the insiders program both on OS (xb_fit_2608ge.260805-2200) with no available updates i have been waiting and...