Issues updating games on PC app

Discus and support Issues updating games on PC app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to update Forza and Humankind on the PC app, when clicking the update button for Humankind nothing happens and now apparently Forza does not... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jahamas, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Jahamas
    Jahamas Guest

Trying to update Forza and Humankind on the PC app, when clicking the update button for Humankind nothing happens and now apparently Forza does not have enough space to update despite there being 270gb remaining on the drive it is installed on, i think it might be trying to install the update on a different full drive. Does anyone know how to fix either of these?

Edit- Now Forza appears to have just uninstalled itself

:)

Jahamas, Nov 19, 2021
  2. Farscape247 Win User

you need a certain amount of free space on C: even if the game is on another drive, this is for downloading. if you cancel an update on the xbox gamepass pc then it reacts the same as it does on console, it removes the entire game as they don't use file verification like other launchers so it does not know how much of the update is in and cannot verify so deletes the entire install as it maybe corrupt.

pain in the rear.
  3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Jahamas welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I suggest uninstalling the app completely! Everytime that it tried to give me a hard time I do this and it works wonders! Here are the steps!

https://www.techadvisor.com/how-to/windows/remo...

NOTE: This is a third party link that is not Microsoft's property, so you might encounter advertising on the website.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Cannot get gamepass to work for PC - Windows 11, have tried reinstalling windows, nothing working

Hi Metalface Mark,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues downloading a new game. Please know that you installing recently released games within Xbox App on PC is one of the known issues for today.

Xbox App (PC)

• Players experiencing issues updating games within the Xbox App on PC
      • Some recently released games on the Xbox App for PC are not reflecting the correct update. If you encounter an issue updating a game within the Xbox app or indicates that an update is required, but the Xbox app does not show one available, use the Windows 10 Store to download and install the update.
      • To Update your game Via the Windows Store, click on this link for guidance. Get updates for apps and games in Microsoft Store
      • After your games finish updating, launch the Xbox App on PC, and your game should now launch normally from within the Xbox App
    To be updated, kindly check this link: Known Issues for Game Launches (November 2021).

We thank you for your understanding and patience.

Stay safe!

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Kathy A. Win User

ERROR CODE 0X8E00017

Hi x Arbatar,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues installing games on Xbox app for Windows 10. Are you stuck in updating games? There is a known issue in which you can check on Known Issues for Game Launches (November 2021) regarding Xbox app game installation.

Here is the update (as of the moment this reply is posted):

Xbox App (PC)

• Some recently released games on the Xbox App for PC are not reflecting the correct update. If you encounter an issue updating a game within the Xbox app or indicates that an update is required, but the Xbox app does not show one available, use the Windows 10 Store to download and install the update.
      • To Update your game Via the Windows Store, click on this link for guidance. Get updates for apps and games in Microsoft Store
      • After your games finish updating, launch the Xbox App on PC, and your game should now launch normally from within the Xbox App
    Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding of our description by sending us a reply.

We look forward to your response. If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Xbox App says "Preparing" when installing a game, allocated the disk space and then the install fails silently

Hi KiallThompson-Lane,

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues installing games on Xbox app for Windows 10. There is a known issue in which you can check on Known Issues for Game Launches (November 2021) regarding Xbox app game installation.

Here is the update (as of the moment this reply is posted):

Xbox App (PC)

Thank you for understanding.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding of our description by sending us a reply.

We look forward to your response. If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Issues updating games on PC app - Similar Threads - Issues updating games

2. How do I fix issues with game updates and being unable to login to my account after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix issues with game updates and being unable to login to my account after...: My Xbox One console isn't working properly. First I tried to complete an update on EAFC24 which was 3.5GB and it kept freezing and updating for a second or two at a time then freezing for another...
  3. Microsoft Ultimate Word Games app update issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Ultimate Word Games app update issue: Today, I received an update for the Game. Afterwards the game would not load. I then restored my PC back earlier and then in Microsoft Store app turned off updates. Microsoft you screwed up...
  4. Game updating issues, slowed/stopped progress (Xbox Series X)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game updating issues, slowed/stopped progress (Xbox Series X): I've got a Series X and I live in a rural area with poor/limited internet so downloads typically take several hours for large files (I use ethernet for best connection because of it). Recently I...
  5. Forced console update mid-game? Still an issue after so many years!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forced console update mid-game? Still an issue after so many years!!: I have seen so many complaints about this and I have encountered this too many times. Was doing basic training in Gotham Knights (doing the checklist) and in the middle of performing this I got a...
  6. Xbox Series X Game Update Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X Game Update Issue: Everytime I have to update a game, the download will not start unless I restart the conosle. And then the whole game is being donwloaded again. I have to wait 3 to 5 hours everytime an update...
  7. Issue with the new Dashboard; updated with the latest beta release and now the game art...

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with the new Dashboard; updated with the latest beta release and now the game art...: Like the title says, after the Beta update yesterday, the game art doesn't change when cycling through games, I tried resetting the background to default but still can't get it to work. Possible...
  8. Issue with downloading and updating games

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with downloading and updating games: Hello all, I just got off a support chat with someone from the community that told me to post this issue in here so I apologize if this is the wrong area but Janice V has asked me to post here. I...
  9. I have a big issue with updating and downloading games

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a big issue with updating and downloading games: I noticed that when I update a game it starts off good but then my mbps starts dropping by a lot and it stop my update and download and a error pops up the error code is (0x87e00005) when i press...
  10. cannot download new games on Xbox after update and issue error

in XBoX on Consoles
    cannot download new games on Xbox after update and issue error: We downloaded call of duty modern warfare and then got a system error so we did the steps as suggested on Xbox troubleshooting by unplugging with clicking the eject button and the other left...