Issues Unresolved W/ External Hard Drives

Discus and support Issues Unresolved W/ External Hard Drives in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello, I've noticed ongoing issues with Xbox updates messing with external hard drives. Since the March 2022 update failure, I have had major issues... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/alpha_mech50, Aug 7, 2022.

  1. Issues Unresolved W/ External Hard Drives


    Hello, I've noticed ongoing issues with Xbox updates messing with external hard drives. Since the March 2022 update failure, I have had major issues with my external hard drive 4TB storage either not installing games onto it or taking too long to launch said games. I have gone through all the hoops of resetting my console, clearing the cache, all steps including doing a diagnosis of my external drive using my computer and everything checked out fine. So here's my current situation since the diagnosis: My Avolution HDDGear Pro-X External Gaming Storage 4TB USB 3.0 won't install games onto it anymore (Installation Stopped messages) but you can transfer games to it. Once transferred, you are unable to launch said games without it stopping and giving you error code 0x8027025a (took too long to launch). I even gone as far as taking my 3.0 C cord charger cable and connected console and storage device (which is what actually helped my console Finally detect my storage device) but still same issues; can't install onto device but can transfer, can't play games from device but when transferred back to internal you'll be able to play the games. Xbox One is Ltd Ed Halo 5 Guardians 1TB.

    submitted by /u/alpha_mech50
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/alpha_mech50, Aug 7, 2022
    #1
  2. Francia J. Win User

    Can’t install physical copy of modern warfare 2 on Xbox one

    Thank you for that. Do you have an external hard drive plugged into your console? W corrupted hard drive may cause issues with our console.
  3. DEADfreak665 Win User

    Forza Horizon- On demand Nightmare

    I have been having issues with this game as well. I have used multiple Xbox 360message hard drives and even a USB drive and the issue is still unresolved. I hope an issue to this problem is worked out.
  4. aRealMelon-09008EA5- Win User

    Faulty USB ports

    This can be a problem coming from the external devices.

    Are you using Microsofts W-LAN antenna and their hard drive? There are many hard drives compatible with XBox but may not work seamlessly. What devices are you using?
  5. One Pint Johnny Win User

    Tv configuration App Not working

    Having the same issues. Could be something to do with the external hard drive maybe, not had time to troubleshoot yet though.

    Some ideas to try maybe?

    1. Make the Xbox One drive the primary drive, while the external drive is still plugged in

    2. Try with the external hard drive unplugged

    No idea if this will make a difference, but this issue only started for me since I got an external drive. Unless others are having the same issue with no external hard drive?
  6. Patricia FL Win User

    Xbox series x keeps crashing video game apps

    May I know if an external hard drive is plugged into your console? If yes, have you kept the external hard drive unplugged when performing troubleshooting steps and check if the issue persists without external hard drive?
Thema:

Issues Unresolved W/ External Hard Drives

Loading...
  1. Issues Unresolved W/ External Hard Drives - Similar Threads - Issues Unresolved External

  2. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  3. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  4. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  5. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  6. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  7. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  8. Unresolved Minecraft Issue – Mojang Isn’t Responding, What Can I Do?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unresolved Minecraft Issue – Mojang Isn’t Responding, What Can I Do?: Hi, I’ve been dealing with a Minecraft account issue since May 24, and Mojang support has been completely unresponsive. My case was already marked as escalated, but after waiting 15–20 days, I...
  9. Urgent: Ongoing Issue Violating ToS – Still Unresolved

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Urgent: Ongoing Issue Violating ToS – Still Unresolved: Please only a Microsoft moderator respond to this I've already raised this issue multiple times, yet nothing has been resolved, and I’ve received no proper response. This matter clearly violates...
  10. MSFS 2024 Unresolved xbox wireless controller x/s series controller issues

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS 2024 Unresolved xbox wireless controller x/s series controller issues: MSFS 2024 is not working through Samsung gaming hub, no xbox controller actually works with MSFS 2024 through this game streaming app. I can see from the chat community there is no fix and just...