: Issues getting my XBox One to connect to my wireless

Discus and support : Issues getting my XBox One to connect to my wireless in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Issues getting my XBox One to connect to my wireless I've run into a weird connection issue with my XBox One S recently. When I turned it on tonight,... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by CdnOtakuGamer, May 15, 2021.

1. : Issues getting my XBox One to connect to my wireless

I've run into a weird connection issue with my XBox One S recently. When I turned it on tonight, it wouldn't connect to XBox Network through my wireless. It was working fine just last night, but today I'm getting 'Service info is unavailable' and 'NAT Type: Unavailable' under Current network status. All my other devices, my PC, my PS4, my phone, are all able to connect without any trouble. I can get the XBox One to connect if I use my phone as a hotspot, so the console can connect to other stuff.

I'm using a Bell 2Wire wireless router. I've tried restarting the router, restarting the Xbox, clearing the Alternate MAC address on the XBox, disconnecting and reconnecting to the wireless and I'm getting nowhere.

The strange thing is none of the settings changed on the wireless router or the XBox, so I have no idea what could have started this.

Does anyone have any ideas of how I can fix this?

EDIT: Now the hotspot isn't working either. I get NAT Type: Open but the 'Service info is unavailable' is still there. When I test the connection it says 'DNS isn't resolving XBox server names'. What is this chaos?

:)

CdnOtakuGamer, May 15, 2021
  2. chunky mono Win User

Issues getting my XBox One to connect to my wireless

Thanks for the reply.

That has nothing to do with Bill Gates and he isn't in ms anymore
    Apologies to Bill. I myself went thru a divorce, and it's probably the best thing that ever happened to me. It was wrong for me to bring up personal stuff. It has been a frustrating 36 hours, but that is no excuse for my behavior.

This has to do with your ROUTer
    I am aware that this has to do with my Router. My router is old, and does not allow connection to IPv6. Therefore, I do not have the option to click "Yes" or "No" to allow access to IPv6.

For router and ISP support you contact your isp or router company

Routers usually support both
    Who provides router and/or ISP support is irrelevant, unless they are able to push an update that would give me the option to check a box for IPv6. Question: Is this something they could do?

When entering your password it's best to use a keyboard not a controller

Also managing a router isnt recommended on a console you use a pc and you ask your router support for help with configuration
    I am not able to access my router from my console, at all, because the update wants me to be on IPv6, and I can't be on IPv6, or at least that is what I seem to have learned from The Microsoft help page. Therefore, I am attempting to manage my router from my pc/laptop, but again, thank you for your reply.

The Microsoft web page was able to educate me somewhat on the Teredo error code my IPv4 router often receives, and I have learned a few additional things, such as setting a password for my router, so for that, I am grateful.

It is my fault. I should have learned to code. Maybe then I'd have the money to buy a new router.

I do wish the Microsoft team had been more considerate of the fact that not everybody wants to spend now 4 hours researching how to update/change the settings on their routers. I don't even want to play multi-player games anymore. I just want to play the games I have on my Xbox, with my router set to IPv4, and I can't, for over 36 hours now.

I can play old games, such as those from the 360 arcade, but not games I downloaded from Games with Gold, or even disc games such as Gears 4, because my console cannot connect to the Internet. I will have to have my brother help me relocate my console to hardwire modem downstairs tomorrow when he visits, so I don't have to worry about routers and IPv6 anymore.

I am a disabled veteran. You're welcome for my service. I thank you again for your reply.
  3. ngocphi Win User

That has nothing to do with Bill Gates and he isn't in ms anymore

This has to do with your ROUTer

For router and ISP support you contact your isp or router company

Routers usually support both

When entering your password it's best to use a keyboard not a controller

Also managing a router isnt recommended on a console you use a pc and you ask your router support for help with configuration
  4. CdnOtakuGamer Win User

Okay, so I spoke with someone in XBox support and after a couple of tests they think the wireless router has assigned the XBox One to the same DHCP connection as another device since testing the connection gives 'Can't connect to your DHCP server'. I'm not sure whether to just wait and see if this gets resolved when the router recycles the DHCP address pool, which it does every 72 hours, or if there's something else I should be trying. I'm not sure about contacting my ISP as Bell Canada has very hot or miss tech support.

I don't think the issue is ipv6, since the network connection shows ipv4 on the XBox and my router doesn't have an ipv6 option.
  5. chunky mono Win User

Question: Is this something they could do?

I guess I will find out tomorrow. It is not recommended to do via wireless, so I will have to use a connected device.

I don't know if this will resolve the issue, and I don't know if this will help others encountering the issue on other router devices, but if it helps anyone, I am glad to save them the time I have wasted.

Per the Linksys website:

Firmware updates are bug fixes and functionality enhancements for the router. Keeping the firmware of your Linksys device updated is important because it fixes issues you may encounter while using it. An updated firmware downloaded from the Linksys Support site may also contain device feature enhancements that are not available in the previous versions.

Your router is capable of either an automatic or manual firmware upgrade. This article will show you steps on how to manually upgrade your Linksys Wi-Fi Router's firmware. If you are using a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router, click here for instructions.

IMPORTANT: To prevent upgrade failures, the following items must be checked before proceeding with the upgrade process.

• Use a wired computer for stable connectivity. It is NOT recommended to update the firmware via Wi-Fi as it may cause permanent damage to the router.
    • Use another browser if your default browser does not work. Alternatively, you can use another computer to perform the upgrade.
    • Download the correct firmware and version for your device.
    • If you have a storage device connected to the router, make sure to remove it before upgrading the router’s firmware to prevent data loss.
    • Make sure that you have created a backup configuration. For instructions on how to create a backup, click here.

To manually upgrade the firmware of your router, you need to complete the following steps:

NOTE: Steps and images may vary depending on your router's model.

Checking the model and version of your router
    Downloading the firmware
    Performing the upgrade

Checking the model and version of your router

You should find the model number and serial number on the router's label at the bottom.

NOTE: Identifying the appropriate model and version number will help download the correct firmware. If your router has no version number, this means that your device is a version 1 model. To learn how to find your device's model number, click here.

Downloading the firmware

Download and save the firmware from the Linksys Support Site to your preferred destination folder (i.e., Desktop, Downloads) in your computer. If you need more help in downloading the firmware, click here.

NOTE: The firmware format is .bin, however, some may have a different extension such as .img and .bix.

Performing the upgrade

Step 1:
    Launch a web browser and enter “192.168.1.1” in the Address bar then press [Enter]. If the IP address does not work or if it has been changed, check your router's local IP address. For instructions, click here.

Step 2:
    Enter your login credentials. The default password is admin. If you changed or personalized your password, use that instead.

Step 3:
    Click on Administration > Firmware Upgrade.

[​IMG]

Step 4:
    Click the Browse… button.

NOTE: Some routers have a Choose File button.

[​IMG]

Step 5:
    Locate and select the file that you have downloaded then click Open.

[​IMG]

NOTE: If you are using Mac OS X®, click the Choose button.

Step 6:
    Click the Start Upgrade button.

NOTE: Some routers display Upgrade only.

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Do NOT turn OFF the power or press the reset button of the router during the upgrade process.

[​IMG]

If you have selected an incorrect file, a prompt similar to the image below will appear. If this happens, click the OK button and repeat Steps 2 to 4 and select the correct file.

[​IMG]

Step 7:
    Click Continue when it prompts that the upgrade has been successful.

Step 8:
    Turn the router OFF then turn it back ON.

You should now have manually upgraded the firmware of your Linksys Wi-Fi Router.

Resetting and re-configuring the router

Resetting and re-configuring the router may be required if you have lost your internet connection after the upgrade or if connectivity issues prior to the update still exist. For instructions on how you can reset your router, click here. If you were able to back up your router's settings, click here to learn how to perform the restore configuration steps. Otherwise, click on any of the links below to learn how to set up your router according to the internet connection type you are using:
  6. chunky mono Win User

I've run into a weird connection issue with my XBox One S recently. When I turned it on tonight, it wouldn't connect to XBox Network through my wireless. It was working fine just last night, but today I'm getting 'Service info is unavailable' and 'NAT Type: Unavailable' under Current network status. All my other devices, my PC, my PS4, my phone, are all able to connect without any trouble.
    To the best of my knowledge, and my knowledge is quite limited, this is a result of the latest auto update. The update pushed IPv6 to all Xbox 1 devices.

IPv6 is considered an upgrade over IPv4. The problem is, not all devices are compatible with IPv6, and IPv6 is not available in all ISP service areas. And yet, instead of making an announcement of "Hey, we've introduced a new IP to the Xbox, we consider it an upgrade. If you'd like to join, click "Yes" on your router's IPv6 page", MS decided to make us automatically opt in.

If our router's settings are still set to IPv4, we the people have to search the internet to learn how to adjust our settings, find our router information, and click "No" to opt out of IPv6.

I am not a Tech Savvy person. I have been searching for over THREE (3) hours on how to fix this issue.

What I learned, and where I'm at in the process, is that on my laptop, if I type 192.168.1.1 in an address bar (where I would normally type xbox.com/live, for example), it will bring me to my router access page. There, I type in my Network Name and it's password.

I have now accessed my Router, and am searching for the option to click "No" for IPv6. It's an old router. It might not even have that option. The Microsoft Support page for IPv6 listed 2 known devices that don't allow for access to IPv6. Again, if they knew there are devices that don't allow access, why make this a hard "Yes" to join IPv6? I am so frustrated.

I am doing my best to find the solution. When I find out which of all the boxes on my Router page I'm supposed to click "No" to, I will post more.

TL;DR: Give us an option, Bill Gates. Apologies. To those in charge, please allow us the chance to say "Yes" to an update, and don't force us to say "No". #FreeThePeople.
Thema:

1. : Issues getting my XBox One to connect to my wireless - Similar Threads - Issues getting connect

2. Im getting error code 0x80199cc disconnected from party's anyone else having the same issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Im getting error code 0x80199cc disconnected from party's anyone else having the same issue: im in a party with my girlfriend then it keeps disconnecting with the error code 95614660-5b61-403d-aae3-8a8546eac6b8
  3. Microsoft please address the security issues with people on Xbox getting perma banned by...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft please address the security issues with people on Xbox getting perma banned by...: There are people going around banning other peoples accounts for fun for no reason *** moved from Gaming and Xbox / Account and profile / Other*** bc5ab763-9a3e-41ff-9a1c-fb4fd80646a7
  4. Is there a server issue on Ms flight simulator? I keep getting failed to start cloud...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a server issue on Ms flight simulator? I keep getting failed to start cloud...: Is there a server issue on Ms flight simulator? I keep getting failed to start cloud gaming session. It is not a internet issue as we can play Forza Horizon 5 and other game pass games. We...
  5. i have an issue actually logging into Minecraft on pc, i keep getting the deep ocean code,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have an issue actually logging into Minecraft on pc, i keep getting the deep ocean code,...: I have checked threads and online help advice by Microsoft themselves and I've found nothings worked, maybe i may have overlooked something, I've had issues like this since the Mojang account...
  6. Xbox network issues and purchase and content usage and can't play a game without getting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox network issues and purchase and content usage and can't play a game without getting...: On my Xbox it says network connection good but Xbox service are having issues and been like that for a few days and I get kicked out of games and lag sometimes I've restarted my console removed my...
  7. Trying to issue "Get service for your device" controller after warranty that keep failing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to issue "Get service for your device" controller after warranty that keep failing.: Hi, I got an XBOX Controller that is under warranty and suddenly its LB button stop responding , I am trying to start the "Get service for your device" procedure under All devices->Xbox using...
  8. Can someone help me with this issue, if not is there anyway I can get a refund?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can someone help me with this issue, if not is there anyway I can get a refund?: I recently purchased Forza Horizon 5 on the Xbox app for my PC, Since I've bought it I've spent countless hours trying to join one of my friends. I can join their convoy and they can join mine but...
  9. Help me with my ipv4 issue I can’t get on ipv6

in XBoX on Windows
    Help me with my ipv4 issue I can’t get on ipv6: Hi, my names lily, I’ve never had this issue before, until this week. My internet when I connect to both Xbox’s says IPv4 instead of IPv4 & IPv6, I’m not sure how to resolve this issue, and I got...
  10. Is there a issue with cloud gaming on game pass as I'm always getting disconnected

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a issue with cloud gaming on game pass as I'm always getting disconnected: Getting highly frustrated at being disconnected from cloud gaming at moment. f9cd22ef-679c-4e44-8cb1-c8ceec5ea098