Issues Displaying 4K after recent update: Series X

Discus and support Issues Displaying 4K after recent update: Series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an Optoma UHD38, it can display 3840x2160, supports HDR and HLG, 120hz at 1080p. I've been away for a month and haven't used the Xbox till... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PucknastyI8I, Nov 10, 2021.

1. PucknastyI8I
    PucknastyI8I Guest

I have an Optoma UHD38, it can display 3840x2160, supports HDR and HLG, 120hz at 1080p. I've been away for a month and haven't used the Xbox till yesterday. Now, when I go into the Xbox Series X settings> Video Settings , I can still choose 1080p@120hz...goto general 4k tv details and it says my TV supports 4k UHD at 60Hz, the green check is lit. When I change my video settings to 4K @60hz, the general 4kTV settings say my TV doesn't support 4k at 60 hz, only when I enable HDR will it say it supports 4k at 60hz, well I don't want HDR on, I shouldn't need HDR on to view 4k, it never was that way till recently, the only thing I can figure is it happened with a recent Xbox update. I am using the HDMI cable provided with the X, I also tried a Monster Cobalt 4k HDMI rated at 48 Gbps, so its not the cables. When I go to the TV menu , it says its displaying at 2160p, but doesn't look quite right

:)

PucknastyI8I, Nov 10, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. Before we try any different solutions I suggest you turn off your console and remove the power for a few minutes, after doing this reset your tv to factory defaults this will remove any presets that might be causing this kind of conflict with the console.

After doing the procedure, start your console again, and try activating the 4k60 with the HDR disabled, see if the same problem will happen again.

- If the above solution doesn't solve the problem, I suggest you try resetting your console to factory defaults, for that follow the instructions below.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options:

- Select the option to keep your games and apps so that they are not deleted, make sure you know your email and password as they will be removed from the console and you will need to add them again.

*Thank you in advance for contacting, I hope this can help you.
  3. [Farscape] Win User

Xbox Series X Compatibility with the Alienware 34” UltraWide Monitor

what i can gather is hdmi 1.4 supports 1080p at 120hz and 1440p at 75hz so it will run with series x but you will be stuck at 1440/60hz most likely.

now if the series x had display port that would solve the issue.

most games will be targeting 60fps on 1440 and 4k anyway on the series x with some varying degree.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2 bad graphics

Hi,

Red Dead Redemption 2 on Xbox was only optimised for Xbox One X it hasn't been optimised for the Series S or X hardware. On the Series S it runs in Xbox One Backwards compatibility mode. As such, it runs at around 900P (around 1600x900). This means it will look quite soft looking on a 4K display, although it should not affect the colours or the contrast.

Unfortunately, RDR2 is not great on the Series S, especially on a 4K display. FIFA 23 is Series S|X optimised, which is why this game looks a lot better.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Series S/X

Hi,

The Series X supports 1080P resolution in the settings same as Xbox One and One X. Games on Series X will still render in 4K, but will downscale to whatever display you have. There won't be any loss in quality at all.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Recommendations for a PC with optimal performance for FIFA 23 on Xbox One S and Xbox Series S/X

You've stated twice in your post about a PC. What exactly is it you're looking for? A PC or a Monitor?

If it's just a monitor you're after, don't make the mistake of buying 'any monitor' that fits your budget and hope that it works, because as SwordofWhedon has already stated, many monitors have compatibility issues with consoles. Just because a display says it does 144Hz, doesn't mean you'll get 120Hz on the Xbox. Many monitors, especially older models, have their own custom timings that don't conform to the VESA standard that the Xbox expects.

Series S is largely a 1080P console with some games running at 1440P. If you connect a Series S to a 4K display it won't look great. Series X looks good on both 1080P and 4K displays.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/best/xbox-series-x#recommendation_264254
Thema:

1. Issues Displaying 4K after recent update: Series X - Similar Threads - Issues Displaying recent

2. Xbox Serie S Display issue black pixel

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Serie S Display issue black pixel: Hello since last night my xbox no longer seems to be working properly. The display is very slow or even completely dysfunctional, pixels appear everywhere, a fixed black screen and at times a...
  3. Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games

in XBoX on Windows
    Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games: Hey everyone, I've been wrestling with a frustrating issue for over two weeks now, and despite my efforts, I can't seem to find a solution. Here's the lowdown: I recently purchased a new monitor...
  4. Xbox Display Issue (Completely Broken)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Display Issue (Completely Broken): I was exploring my console’s fidelity & overscan settings when i set my refresh rate to 120hz (testing if my tv could run it or if it would just revert back to normal like any other setting that...
  5. Xbox series x display issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series x display issue: Why does my monitor sometimes not display anything? It will produce sound and when I click it's back buttons that response works, but anything the xbox sends to the monitor just doesn't display,...
  6. Issue with Xbox Series X Display (MW3 and Baldurs Gate 3)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with Xbox Series X Display (MW3 and Baldurs Gate 3): Hello, Today I started to boot up baldurs gate and mW3. When opening the game the TV screen flashed into a few colors and then froze without showing the xbox anymore. I have not had this issue in...
  7. Xbox displaying on Discord issues

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox displaying on Discord issues: Hello! So, I'm hoping I've put this in the right spot, as I'm not really sure where to ask this. I've just saw a few similar questiona here and thought this was the appropriate spot. I don't...
  8. Xbox Series X display issues while gaming.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X display issues while gaming.: I recently purchased an Xbox from Facebook marketplace, but when I started playing I noticed right away this white/black squares appearing in my game. Only happens when I start a game but not...
  9. Anyone else experiencing an issue with the rewards beta tab on their profile not displaying...

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else experiencing an issue with the rewards beta tab on their profile not displaying...: When I go to my profile and under the rewards beta tab I’m hit with “try again later, we can’t check for quests rights now” submitted by /u/kevinchadwick55 [link] [comments]
  10. Display issues after last update to new Xbox ui

in XBoX on Consoles
    Display issues after last update to new Xbox ui: Hi, When I first got my series s I had issues with the tv display being very fuzzy etc and unplayable. Resolved this by turning the background from dynamic to a solid blank screen which work for...