Issues connecting Xbox One to LG Smart TV via HDMI

Discus and support Issues connecting Xbox One to LG Smart TV via HDMI in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son has received a Xbox one for Christmas upgrading from his beloved Xbox 360. We have tried to connect the Xbox one via the supplied hdmi cable... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SickeningTable0, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Issues connecting Xbox One to LG Smart TV via HDMI

My son has received a Xbox one for Christmas upgrading from his beloved Xbox 360.

We have tried to connect the Xbox one via the supplied hdmi cable to our LG Smart TV (as it turns out not so smart) and it is saying no signal. We had the same issue with the 360 when we bought the tv about 3 months ago and just compromised and went back
    to connecting via the AV cable but don't have that option with the new console. From the bit of searching I've done this seems to be a common issue with Lg tvs not cognising xbox via hdmi. Just wondering if anyone has found a solution as I have a very devastated
    little boy this morning and to be honest am ready to scream at LG if it wasn't Christmas and they were open

:)

SickeningTable0, Dec 24, 2015
  2. Netflix error x7361-1254-c00d7159

I have my xbox one wired up with a HD PVR 2, and got this error, wired it direct into the tv (LG 42" most recent Non smart tv) via the bundled HDMI Lead. Sorted.

Im Going Space, Dec 24, 2015
  3. Bazajaytee
    Bazajaytee Guest
    Unable to connect system to LG TV

LG's HDMI support is notoriously unstable, not sure if it is the way they handshake or whether their software is poor but it is a long standing complaint you can find in many places on the internet.

Xbox 360 had issues with LG TV's as well (do a web search for xbox one lg tv hdmi and you'll get pages of results including PlayStation issues connecting to LG TV's so not limited to Microsoft).

Things to try:

On your TV that it works with, set your Xbox One to a lower resolution i.e. 720p then plug it in to the LG TV and see if it works.

Check for a TV firmware update

Reset TV to factory default settings

Try other HDMI cables

Try a HDMI to AV converter for your sister's TV and use AV cables with your Xbox One when using that TV.

Bazajaytee, Dec 24, 2015
  4. Mcbeeferton
    Mcbeeferton Guest

Turn the Xbox off. Then turn the tv on . Select the hdmi input on your tv, then turn the Xbox One back on. I have a LG smart tv and it was just a simple syncing issue. Hit me up if this doesn't work.

Mcbeeferton, Dec 24, 2015
  5. Im Going Space Win User

Netflix error x7361-1254-c00d7159

I have my xbox one wired up with a HD PVR 2, and got this error, wired it direct into the tv (LG 42" most recent Non smart tv) via the bundled HDMI Lead. Sorted.
  6. Mcbeeferton Win User

Turn the Xbox off. Then turn the tv on . Select the hdmi input on your tv, then turn the Xbox One back on. I have a LG smart tv and it was just a simple syncing issue. Hit me up if this doesn't work.
  7. Bazajaytee Win User

Unable to connect system to LG TV

LG's HDMI support is notoriously unstable, not sure if it is the way they handshake or whether their software is poor but it is a long standing complaint you can find in many places on the internet.

Xbox 360 had issues with LG TV's as well (do a web search for xbox one lg tv hdmi and you'll get pages of results including PlayStation issues connecting to LG TV's so not limited to Microsoft).

Things to try:

On your TV that it works with, set your Xbox One to a lower resolution i.e. 720p then plug it in to the LG TV and see if it works.

Check for a TV firmware update

Reset TV to factory default settings

Try other HDMI cables

Try a HDMI to AV converter for your sister's TV and use AV cables with your Xbox One when using that TV.
  8. Artemisdoor Win User

No signal just out of the box!

It was the HDMI ultra 4k settings on the LG smart tv. Once I turned that off (had to go to LG forum) it came back.
  9. Kameltreiber Win User

No Dolby Digital or DTS

Sorry but no - i have a samsung tv and a Denon Receiver. Connected the tv via optical cable, just like you, although hdmi would work in my case (i wanted the tv to handle all hdmi connections). When attaching the xbox via hdmi to the tv i had the exact same
    problem you had - only stereo sound. Solution: connected the xbox to my Receiver via hdmi. The funny thing is: both xbox360 and ps3 had no problem with connection to my tv via hdmi.

Imo the xbox one has been poorly designed. This is not even half as bad as the problem that i cannot use live tv with a smart tv with integrated ci+ module...
Thema:

1. Issues connecting Xbox One to LG Smart TV via HDMI - Similar Threads - Issues connecting Smart

2. Xbox having connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox having connection issues: My roommates and I have three xboxes total in our house. Two days ago they all started having the same issue. We keep getting kicked offline, and our consoles say they can't connect to the...
  3. Series S connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S connection issue: Every day after I get off work and come home and try to load up my Xbox it says that it is not connected to the Wi-Fi. I proceeded to type in the password for the Wi-Fi and get prompted with “...
  4. Trouble with F1 22 causing weird connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble with F1 22 causing weird connection issues: Trouble with F1 22 causing weird connection issues Hey everyone I just bought F1 22 for Xbox One. After installing it for the first time on my first gen Xbox One, I was experiencing several...
  5. Issue with Xbox Connectivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with Xbox Connectivity: Recently, both of my controllers are unable to connect to the Xbox. I believe there might be an issue with the Xbox's connectivity. What should I do? 346e4c6a-77d4-482c-b8b2-993086e8e011
  6. Xbox Game Bar issue while connected in party

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar issue while connected in party: Over the last week or so i’ve noticed my game bar having issues while i’m in party chat. I’ll be able to hear my friends and talk no problem, then suddenly all sound from the party is gone, can’t...
  7. Issue with Xbox Wireless Adapter Getting into a State of Not Recognizing a Connected...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with Xbox Wireless Adapter Getting into a State of Not Recognizing a Connected...: Hello, I am experiencing a persistent intermittent issue with the Xbox Wireless Adapter on my Windows 11 system. Sometimes, after my controller turns off and must reconnect, although my Xbox...
  8. Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue: Recently I've been having a lot of issues with being unable to join my family in Minecraft. I am trying to get a Nintendo Switch to join a PC world. They are both on bedrock edition, both have...
  9. Connection Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection Issues: My Xbox is connecting to my WiFi but won't let me play games or start a party/join them i am being given error code 0x80032003 and error code 0x80004005. It is also displaying my friends list with...
  10. my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why: ever since the servers went down 2 days ago i have tried everything under the sun to try and fix it and nothing works. i thought about maybe just trying to wait it out but i’m not finna just sit...