Issues connecting Xbox One to LG Smart TV via HDMI

Discus and support Issues connecting Xbox One to LG Smart TV via HDMI in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son has received a Xbox one for Christmas upgrading from his beloved Xbox 360. We have tried to connect the Xbox one via the supplied hdmi cable... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SickeningTable0, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Issues connecting Xbox One to LG Smart TV via HDMI

My son has received a Xbox one for Christmas upgrading from his beloved Xbox 360.

We have tried to connect the Xbox one via the supplied hdmi cable to our LG Smart TV (as it turns out not so smart) and it is saying no signal. We had the same issue with the 360 when we bought the tv about 3 months ago and just compromised and went back
    to connecting via the AV cable but don't have that option with the new console. From the bit of searching I've done this seems to be a common issue with Lg tvs not cognising xbox via hdmi. Just wondering if anyone has found a solution as I have a very devastated
    little boy this morning and to be honest am ready to scream at LG if it wasn't Christmas and they were open

:)

SickeningTable0, Dec 24, 2015
  2. Netflix error x7361-1254-c00d7159

I have my xbox one wired up with a HD PVR 2, and got this error, wired it direct into the tv (LG 42" most recent Non smart tv) via the bundled HDMI Lead. Sorted.

Im Going Space, Dec 24, 2015
  3. Bazajaytee
    Bazajaytee Guest
    Unable to connect system to LG TV

LG's HDMI support is notoriously unstable, not sure if it is the way they handshake or whether their software is poor but it is a long standing complaint you can find in many places on the internet.

Xbox 360 had issues with LG TV's as well (do a web search for xbox one lg tv hdmi and you'll get pages of results including PlayStation issues connecting to LG TV's so not limited to Microsoft).

Things to try:

On your TV that it works with, set your Xbox One to a lower resolution i.e. 720p then plug it in to the LG TV and see if it works.

Check for a TV firmware update

Reset TV to factory default settings

Try other HDMI cables

Try a HDMI to AV converter for your sister's TV and use AV cables with your Xbox One when using that TV.

Bazajaytee, Dec 24, 2015
  4. Mcbeeferton
    Mcbeeferton Guest

Turn the Xbox off. Then turn the tv on . Select the hdmi input on your tv, then turn the Xbox One back on. I have a LG smart tv and it was just a simple syncing issue. Hit me up if this doesn't work.

Mcbeeferton, Dec 24, 2015
  5. Im Going Space Win User

Netflix error x7361-1254-c00d7159

I have my xbox one wired up with a HD PVR 2, and got this error, wired it direct into the tv (LG 42" most recent Non smart tv) via the bundled HDMI Lead. Sorted.
  6. Mcbeeferton Win User

Turn the Xbox off. Then turn the tv on . Select the hdmi input on your tv, then turn the Xbox One back on. I have a LG smart tv and it was just a simple syncing issue. Hit me up if this doesn't work.
  7. Bazajaytee Win User

Unable to connect system to LG TV

LG's HDMI support is notoriously unstable, not sure if it is the way they handshake or whether their software is poor but it is a long standing complaint you can find in many places on the internet.

Xbox 360 had issues with LG TV's as well (do a web search for xbox one lg tv hdmi and you'll get pages of results including PlayStation issues connecting to LG TV's so not limited to Microsoft).

Things to try:

On your TV that it works with, set your Xbox One to a lower resolution i.e. 720p then plug it in to the LG TV and see if it works.

Check for a TV firmware update

Reset TV to factory default settings

Try other HDMI cables

Try a HDMI to AV converter for your sister's TV and use AV cables with your Xbox One when using that TV.
  8. Artemisdoor Win User

No signal just out of the box!

It was the HDMI ultra 4k settings on the LG smart tv. Once I turned that off (had to go to LG forum) it came back.
  9. Kameltreiber Win User

No Dolby Digital or DTS

Sorry but no - i have a samsung tv and a Denon Receiver. Connected the tv via optical cable, just like you, although hdmi would work in my case (i wanted the tv to handle all hdmi connections). When attaching the xbox via hdmi to the tv i had the exact same
    problem you had - only stereo sound. Solution: connected the xbox to my Receiver via hdmi. The funny thing is: both xbox360 and ps3 had no problem with connection to my tv via hdmi.

Imo the xbox one has been poorly designed. This is not even half as bad as the problem that i cannot use live tv with a smart tv with integrated ci+ module...
Thema:

1. Issues connecting Xbox One to LG Smart TV via HDMI - Similar Threads - Issues connecting Smart

2. Controller and connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller and connection issues: My first issue i was having was trying to do remote play on my mobile device. I connected via bluetooth my wireless controller to my phone and started remote play.. Only the A and B and the xbox...
  3. XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.: Hello. First of all I understand that you support guys are working hard. But please try to read the whole post before answer. Thank you. I have an XBox gamepad which was bundled with Xbox Series...
  4. Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...: For a bit of context this issue has been going on for the last few days. My series X is connected to the internet with an Ethernet cord. I have run all of the network tests and they all show that...
  5. Xbox Controller connectivity issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller connectivity issues: So, I usually play with my headset on and every couple minutes or so my headset would make a static noise as if my controller is losing connection then my controller would turn off then on, then...
  6. Xbox Remote Play connection issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Remote Play connection issues.: I'm having a small, but annoying problem with the Xbox Remote Play feature, in the sense that every so often, probably once or twice every hour or 2, it'll say that it disconnected and then...
  7. Xbox Series S connection issue on startup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S connection issue on startup: On My xbox Series S I have had an issue with connecting to network systems wirelessly. When I looked for my wifi it wouldn't pop up I tried searching through specifying my SSID but still didn't...
  8. Wireless connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless connection issue: Hello, for the past few years my xbox has been doing this thing where it just doesn't connect to my wifi, and I used to be able to fix it by going into the network settings and I think either...
  9. Wired connection issue on Xbox X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired connection issue on Xbox X: Hi. My Xbox x is showing a wired connection plugged in. There is no wire connection as I only use wifi. Xbox stuck on check wired connection. This happened after a power failure in the...
  10. Xbox party and game connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox party and game connection issue: I’m currently at college and I’m trying to play Xbox with other people here. When we try to connect to an Xbox party nobody can connect and it gets disbanded. This occurs with some games like...