issues communicating between PC & Xbox user using party chat

Discus and support issues communicating between PC & Xbox user using party chat in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hey everyone, hoping that somebody could help me with an issue that a buddy and I started experiencing today while playing Call of Duty. I am on XBOX... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by jayt_, Aug 2, 2020.

1. jayt_
    jayt_ Guest

Hey everyone, hoping that somebody could help me with an issue that a buddy and I started experiencing today while playing Call of Duty. I am on XBOX while he plays on PC. We communicate through party chat, with him using the "XBOX Game Bar" app

Today while attempting to play we have repeatedly run into the an issue. After 3-5 minutes in party chat together, he will show as having left the party, while I show as disconnected in his app. When this occurs he has to quit the app through task
    manager and is unable to rejoin the party. The only occasion of this happening and him being able to rejoin occurs when we are not in game together, with no games running on my Xbox or his PC.

We regularly play together, this only started occurring today, after a few weeks of him being offline while camping. The only difference we could pin down is a new router that was installed while he was gone. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

jayt_, Aug 2, 2020
  2. voteDC Win User

Someone remind me why I pay for this service.

[quote user="EIDOS Khris"]I mainly pay for this service to use the party chat, something that is actually free on PC.[/quote]Well to be fair Party Chat can be replicated with things such as SKYPE but actual Party Chat over LIVE is not available on the PC.

You can Private Chat between the 360 and PC but if you can't join a Party on your PC.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Teredo is unable to qualify - I've tried EVERYTHING...

Teredo is a networking protocol that’s used to establish secure communications between clients and servers, and to facilitate connectivity between devices behind routers that use network address translation
    (NAT).

Failure to obtain a Teredo IP address can occur when there’s an issue with your Teredo adapter, when a device on your network is blocking the Teredo protocol, or if there’s software installed on your PC
    that’s disabling Teredo functionality. Without a Teredo IP address, you’ll be unable to use party chat or do multiplayer gaming on Xbox Live.

Note The Teredo IP address is only necessary for Xbox Live party chat and multiplayer features. If your game doesn’t use the Xbox Live service, consult that game’s support site for help
    on chat and multiplayer issues.

For more info: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/troubleshoot-party-chat
  4. Hoskayra Win User

Issues with one person hearing me in a Party.

Hi, my name is oskayra and I would be happy to help.

I am sorry that you are experiencing this inconvenience at this time. The issue you're experiencing with voice chat in your Xbox party could be due to a compatibility issue between the Xbox app on PC and the Xbox One. While cross-platform party chat is generally supported, there can be occasional glitches or compatibility issues that affect specific users or setups.

To troubleshoot this issue, you can try the following steps:

Update your devices: Ensure both you and your friend have the latest updates installed for Windows, the Xbox app on PC, and the Xbox One console software. Updates often address known bugs and compatibility issues.

Check audio settings: Verify that your microphone and audio output devices are correctly selected in both the Xbox app on PC and the Xbox One console settings.

Reset audio settings: Reset your audio settings to their default values. This can be done in the Xbox app on PC by going to Settings > General > Volume & audio output. On Xbox One, go to Settings > General > Audio.

Try a different chat mixer: Adjust the chat mixer settings to prioritize your microphone volume. This can be done in the Xbox app on PC by going to Settings > General > Chat mixer. On Xbox One, go to Settings > General > Audio.

Use alternative communication methods: As a temporary workaround, you could use an alternative communication method like Discord or a third-party voice chat app to communicate with your friend while the issue persists.

I hope you can solve this problem with the information I provide you, in case the problem persists, let me know.

Best Regards,
    Oskayra
  5. AKMDREY Win User

Silence

yeah most are in party chat.

party chat on 360 is a good/evil kinda thing. it has it's good points but also hampers communication in games like this if everyone is not in the same party.. there is absolutely no communication between teammates then.
  6. SammyVS Win User

why is microsoft so bad and over complicated, ?

Teredo is a networking protocol that’s used to establish secure communications between clients and servers, and to facilitate connectivity between devices behind routers that use network address translation (NAT).
    Failure to obtain a Teredo IP address can occur when there’s an issue with your Teredo adapter, when a device on your network is blocking the Teredo protocol, or if there’s software installed on your PC that’s disabling Teredo functionality. Without a Teredo IP address, you’ll be unable to use party chat or do multiplayer gaming on Xbox Live
Thema:

1. issues communicating between PC & Xbox user using party chat - Similar Threads - issues communicating between

2. XBox Controller Issues - Frustrated Son and Mom

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Controller Issues - Frustrated Son and Mom: My son recently got an Xbox One off a friend. We’re new to the gaming world. He keeps getting a message in the middle of games that says “you must connect a controller to play” (paraphrased), even...
  3. Xbox Series elite 2 Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series elite 2 Issue: Is there any fix for a brand new controller for the “LT” bumper not wanting to work it will work on the top two settings but in the last one with the less pull it just does not want to work I’ve...
  4. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  5. Anyone else having issues with game capture?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else having issues with game capture?: I've been having issues with using game capture. I for some reason cannot record any game clips but screenshots work fine. I've tried doing a hard reset and it would help for a couple days and...
  6. Controller and connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller and connection issues: My first issue i was having was trying to do remote play on my mobile device. I connected via bluetooth my wireless controller to my phone and started remote play.. Only the A and B and the xbox...
  7. Controller sync issues on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync issues on Series X: Have a two yo series x that abruptly lost sync with my controller. Controller uses third party rechargeable battery packs. Both packs are charged and upon trying to reconnect them to the console,...
  8. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  9. XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.: Hello. First of all I understand that you support guys are working hard. But please try to read the whole post before answer. Thank you. I have an XBox gamepad which was bundled with Xbox Series...
  10. 360 live issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 live issue: i’m using the Xbox one I’m trying to play an Xbox 360 game Domino’s when I try to login. It’s telling me to check my Internet. I’m logged into the Internet on my Xbox one profile having this...