issues communicating between PC & Xbox user using party chat

Discus and support issues communicating between PC & Xbox user using party chat in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hey everyone, hoping that somebody could help me with an issue that a buddy and I started experiencing today while playing Call of Duty. I am on XBOX... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by jayt_, Aug 2, 2020.

  1. jayt_
    jayt_ Guest

    issues communicating between PC & Xbox user using party chat


    Hey everyone, hoping that somebody could help me with an issue that a buddy and I started experiencing today while playing Call of Duty. I am on XBOX while he plays on PC. We communicate through party chat, with him using the "XBOX Game Bar" app

    Today while attempting to play we have repeatedly run into the an issue. After 3-5 minutes in party chat together, he will show as having left the party, while I show as disconnected in his app. When this occurs he has to quit the app through task
    manager and is unable to rejoin the party. The only occasion of this happening and him being able to rejoin occurs when we are not in game together, with no games running on my Xbox or his PC.

    We regularly play together, this only started occurring today, after a few weeks of him being offline while camping. The only difference we could pin down is a new router that was installed while he was gone. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    :)
     
    jayt_, Aug 2, 2020
    #1
  2. voteDC Win User

    Someone remind me why I pay for this service.

    [quote user="EIDOS Khris"]I mainly pay for this service to use the party chat, something that is actually free on PC.[/quote]Well to be fair Party Chat can be replicated with things such as SKYPE but actual Party Chat over LIVE is not available on the PC.

    You can Private Chat between the 360 and PC but if you can't join a Party on your PC.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

    Teredo is unable to qualify - I've tried EVERYTHING...

    Teredo is a networking protocol that’s used to establish secure communications between clients and servers, and to facilitate connectivity between devices behind routers that use network address translation
    (NAT).

    Failure to obtain a Teredo IP address can occur when there’s an issue with your Teredo adapter, when a device on your network is blocking the Teredo protocol, or if there’s software installed on your PC
    that’s disabling Teredo functionality. Without a Teredo IP address, you’ll be unable to use party chat or do multiplayer gaming on Xbox Live.

    Note The Teredo IP address is only necessary for Xbox Live party chat and multiplayer features. If your game doesn’t use the Xbox Live service, consult that game’s support site for help
    on chat and multiplayer issues.

    For more info: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/troubleshoot-party-chat
  4. Hoskayra Win User

    Issues with one person hearing me in a Party.

    Hi, my name is oskayra and I would be happy to help.

    I am sorry that you are experiencing this inconvenience at this time. The issue you're experiencing with voice chat in your Xbox party could be due to a compatibility issue between the Xbox app on PC and the Xbox One. While cross-platform party chat is generally supported, there can be occasional glitches or compatibility issues that affect specific users or setups.

    To troubleshoot this issue, you can try the following steps:

    Update your devices: Ensure both you and your friend have the latest updates installed for Windows, the Xbox app on PC, and the Xbox One console software. Updates often address known bugs and compatibility issues.

    Check audio settings: Verify that your microphone and audio output devices are correctly selected in both the Xbox app on PC and the Xbox One console settings.

    Reset audio settings: Reset your audio settings to their default values. This can be done in the Xbox app on PC by going to Settings > General > Volume & audio output. On Xbox One, go to Settings > General > Audio.

    Try a different chat mixer: Adjust the chat mixer settings to prioritize your microphone volume. This can be done in the Xbox app on PC by going to Settings > General > Chat mixer. On Xbox One, go to Settings > General > Audio.

    Use alternative communication methods: As a temporary workaround, you could use an alternative communication method like Discord or a third-party voice chat app to communicate with your friend while the issue persists.

    I hope you can solve this problem with the information I provide you, in case the problem persists, let me know.

    Best Regards,
    Oskayra
  5. AKMDREY Win User

    Silence

    yeah most are in party chat.

    party chat on 360 is a good/evil kinda thing. it has it's good points but also hampers communication in games like this if everyone is not in the same party.. there is absolutely no communication between teammates then.
  6. SammyVS Win User

    why is microsoft so bad and over complicated, ?

    Teredo is a networking protocol that’s used to establish secure communications between clients and servers, and to facilitate connectivity between devices behind routers that use network address translation (NAT).
    Failure to obtain a Teredo IP address can occur when there’s an issue with your Teredo adapter, when a device on your network is blocking the Teredo protocol, or if there’s software installed on your PC that’s disabling Teredo functionality. Without a Teredo IP address, you’ll be unable to use party chat or do multiplayer gaming on Xbox Live
Thema:

issues communicating between PC & Xbox user using party chat

Loading...
  1. issues communicating between PC & Xbox user using party chat - Similar Threads - issues communicating between

  2. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  3. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  4. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  5. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  6. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  7. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  8. Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead: Hello all, Any help here would be great. I have a Steel Series Arctis Nova 7x Headset and an Xbox series X. I'm not having an issue with hearing game or party chat, but my friends are reporting...
  9. Delta dashboard lag issues on first bootup

    in XboX Insiders
    Delta dashboard lag issues on first bootup: I am in Delta test phase and been recently having lots of dashboard lag when you first boot up. It takes longer to load the dashboard than it normally does. Clearing the Mac address and reboot...
  10. The xbox x has the same issues with the communication or just the old version ?

    in XBoX Accessibility
    The xbox x has the same issues with the communication or just the old version ?: I got the same issue with my xbox one but i just gonna upgrade for the new (xbox x) to see if i can solve the problem 6d05017f-e5a6-492a-af80-f96e017ad01c