Issues after upgrading to Xbox Series X

Discus and support Issues after upgrading to Xbox Series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, I’ve recently finally managed to get hold of an Xbox Series X after having a man Xbox One S for a long time, but have run into some... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ActuallyR, Jan 5, 2022.

  1. ActuallyR
    ActuallyR Guest

    Issues after upgrading to Xbox Series X


    Hello all,

    I’ve recently finally managed to get hold of an Xbox Series X after having a man Xbox One S for a long time, but have run into some problems.

    Firstly, it doesn’t appear to be recognising that I have a Game Pass Ultimate subscription. It’s definitely active and was working fine on my old console.

    Secondly, I can’t appear to download games from the store in the app. Where the purchase button would be there’s just a ‘spinning dots’ icon.

    The NAT settings are open so I don’t think it’s a connectivity issue, and my Series X is set as my home console.

    Does anyone have any idea about how I can resolve this?

    Many thanks in advance,

    :)
     
    ActuallyR, Jan 5, 2022
    #1
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

    Pre download Xbox Series X games

    Not really...

    Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

    You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

    As an example...

    I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
  3. michaelkoch248 Win User

    Elden Ring

    It appears on the console. It was purchased on my account so I own the game. I have also recently upgraded to an Xbox series X if that makes a difference, it was well after experiencing this issue though.
  4. ngocphi Win User

    Issues after upgrading to Xbox Series X

    You recover the account that has it

    If it's a friend's or your dad's it won't apply till you makr it your home console
  5. ActuallyR Win User

    Issues after upgrading to Xbox Series X

    Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

    There's been a lot of threads about this issue in the past hour and I'm getting that same error as well. I have been refreshing the server status page for the past 45 minutes and nothing has been posted yet. I believe this is an Xbox Live issue and hopefully it will be resolved soon. Apologies for the inconvenience
    Hi Jesse,

    Thanks for the reply. I think I’ll try again in the morning and see.

    It would be interesting to find out exactly what was causing the error.
  6. ActuallyR Win User

    Issues after upgrading to Xbox Series X

    Recover the account? Sorry I don’t quite follow. My old console is no longer my home Xbox, new new one is. Also the Microsoft account is mine and the same one has been used on both consoles.
Thema:

Issues after upgrading to Xbox Series X

Loading...
  1. Issues after upgrading to Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Issues upgrading Series

  2. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  3. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  4. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  5. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  6. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  7. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  8. Xbox One X SSD Upgrade Issues (OS:25398.4441)

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X SSD Upgrade Issues (OS:25398.4441): I upgraded my drive to a SSD of equal size. Ive used the OSU1 offline updater, unformatted, formated (NTFS), different drives holding the OSU1 file. Ive also tried the Xbox One X hdd windows...
  9. COD vault edition upgrade issues..

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD vault edition upgrade issues..: I recently purchased the new call of duty on disc and was excited to see the vault edition upgrade for $30 on the store; I bought it and to my surprise the content isn’t showing up in game…I’ve...
  10. Starfield Premium Upgrade Preorder payment Issue

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield Premium Upgrade Preorder payment Issue: Hey, unfortunately my card is not being accepted for starfield deluxe upgrade preorder here's the ID: 7667910189, so I want to pay with the gift card if possible, but I'm unable to cancel it or...