Issue With XBOX ONE Slim And Elite Controller When Playing Destiny

Discus and support Issue With XBOX ONE Slim And Elite Controller When Playing Destiny in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased a new XBOX ONE Slim late last week and set it up with an elite controller. Before I get the clear cache and update response one usually... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Old n Achy, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Old n Achy
    Old n Achy Guest

I purchased a new XBOX ONE Slim late last week and set it up with an elite controller. Before I get the clear cache and update response one usually gets let me be clear -- this was done both with the slim and the controller. My network setup shows consistent
    high download and upload speeds, open NAT, no packet loss and low latency -- my router is set up with UPnP on AND I have had no major network problems in the past other than the typical Destiny server "animal" issues that most user encounter at times.

That being said, after setting up the slim and elite controller (synced), playing Destiny resulted in continually be kicked back to orbit with the message "You have left your fire team and been returned to orbit" with no "animal" error code, even when playing
    solo. Attempts at raiding or playing PvP were almost impossible for me with this situation.

After a weekend of this frustration I decided to do some testing and found that if I played Destiny on my elite XBOX ONE with ANY controller I had no problems with Destiny.

If I played Destiny on the slim with the slim's supplied controller I had no problems with Destiny.

If I played Destiny on the slim with an elite controller the kick back to orbit problems appeared and were consistent. Note that I tested this with 2 separate elite controllers.

I can only conclude that there is a slight handshake problem between the slim and the elite controller when playing Destiny (but not other games). I find it hard to believe that a console/controller setup that appears to work elsewhere doesn't work for Destiny.

:)

Old n Achy, Aug 17, 2016
  2. DapDaGenius
    DapDaGenius Guest
    MS holding Xbox and Win 10 event on Feb 25

Xbox slim:

2TB Hard drive
    Elite Controller standard
    2 USB ports on front
    No disc slot
    Only plays Hexic

DapDaGenius, Aug 17, 2016
  3. JetEyeKnight
    JetEyeKnight Guest
    Why is my Xbox One Elite Controller not vibrating in Destiny despite vibration being enabled in game and in the App?

Why is my Xbox One Elite Controller not vibrating in Destiny despite vibration being enabled in game and in the Xbox Accessories App???

JetEyeKnight, Aug 17, 2016
  4. Chris238 Win User

Xbox controllers are the worst

I've owned 3 360s so far, the first one I had for a couple years without this issue. (An Elite) The second one, which was one of the slims when they first came out, I had this issue with 1 of the controllers after about a month. I sent it to microsoft and
    they replaced it for free. I haven't had the issue on any of my other 4 controllers I've owned. It's definitely an irritation when it happens though.
  5. LoNDoNeR HL7 Win User

What was the update for 14th feb ?

Have two xbox's here slim 250 and elite both had updates slim yesterday and elite today and no issues with invites.
  6. Vintagekev66 Win User

Desting

Yes I did mean Destiny,I purchased the xbox1 and the elite controller so I could start playing the halo games .

I have destiny on the ps4,and l also purchased it for Xbox 1 as I love the elite controllers ability to customize buttons and paddles. The cronusmax allows cross platform gaming .

I just don't get how other games work fine halo,titan fall,star wars battle front,cod3 it is just Destiny I carnt get to work without issues.

Hope this explains my first post a little better
  7. GrumpyBuffalo06 Win User

Elite Series 2 controller and Destiny 2

Is anyone else having an issue when playing Destiny 2 and using the Xbox Companion app to stream to pc, with regards to the vibrations no longer occurring on the Elite series 2 controller?
    I've got a similar issue. I don't stream, i just play D2 on my xbox one and I've noticed that the controller will frequently stop providing vibration feedback while playing, even when the controller is fully charged. Firmware is the latest version, console
    is updated, vibration settings are maxed in the controller settings and turned on in game.

Outside of the game, the vibration works as it should 100% of the time so far. But it's inconsistent in-game. It'll just stop providing feedback, usually for hours at a time.
  8. JetEyeKnight Win User

Why is my Xbox One Elite Controller not vibrating in Destiny despite vibration being enabled in game and in the App?

The link you provided is a dead link. It doesn't work.

On my Xbox it says no update available for the controller.

I've spoken with people on the preview program and they say that their Xbox One Elite Controller vibrates with Destiny. They have a different software version on their controller. So it's absolutely not a compatibility issue, but a firmware issue. The
    firmware for the controller that's currently only available on the Xbox Live preview program needs to be made available to everyone.
Thema:

1. Issue With XBOX ONE Slim And Elite Controller When Playing Destiny - Similar Threads - Issue Slim Elite

2. Xbox One X SSD Upgrade Issues (OS:25398.4441)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X SSD Upgrade Issues (OS:25398.4441): I upgraded my drive to a SSD of equal size. Ive used the OSU1 offline updater, unformatted, formated (NTFS), different drives holding the OSU1 file. Ive also tried the Xbox One X hdd windows...
  3. Elite Series 2 input delay issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 input delay issue: I bought my Elite Series 2 about 4 months ago, it was working like a charm and I haven't noticed any issues with it and it happened to be my favourite controller. But about a week ago, all of a...
  4. login issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    login issue: i have a xbox 1 series x. everytime i try to login to my account it keeps saying “something went wrong” but it lets me login on the xbox app. ive tried to hard retart my xbox and it didnt work, i...
  5. XBox Controller Issues - Frustrated Son and Mom

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Controller Issues - Frustrated Son and Mom: My son recently got an Xbox One off a friend. We’re new to the gaming world. He keeps getting a message in the middle of games that says “you must connect a controller to play” (paraphrased), even...
  6. Xbox Series elite 2 Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series elite 2 Issue: Is there any fix for a brand new controller for the “LT” bumper not wanting to work it will work on the top two settings but in the last one with the less pull it just does not want to work I’ve...
  7. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  8. Anyone else having issues with game capture?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else having issues with game capture?: I've been having issues with using game capture. I for some reason cannot record any game clips but screenshots work fine. I've tried doing a hard reset and it would help for a couple days and...
  9. Controller and connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller and connection issues: My first issue i was having was trying to do remote play on my mobile device. I connected via bluetooth my wireless controller to my phone and started remote play.. Only the A and B and the xbox...
  10. Controller sync issues on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync issues on Series X: Have a two yo series x that abruptly lost sync with my controller. Controller uses third party rechargeable battery packs. Both packs are charged and upon trying to reconnect them to the console,...