Issue with Xbox Controller Scroll on Dashboard

Discus and support Issue with Xbox Controller Scroll on Dashboard in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One that I use infrequently. Yesterday I logged on and it required an update. After updating, when I attempt to navigate the dashboard,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Shard77, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Shard77
    Shard77 Guest

I have an Xbox One that I use infrequently. Yesterday I logged on and it required an update. After updating, when I attempt to navigate the dashboard, I can only scroll one tile down or one tile to the right then it immediately jumps back. I managed to launch a game and the I can navigate those menus with no issue. If I access the keyboard function, I can navigate that fine as well. The issue only seems to be on the main dashboard and the menus you pull up using the Xbox button. I've tried (3) different controllers and all have the same issue. I've done a hard reset on the Xbox multiple times and that doesn't help. I've re-synced the controllers with no difference.

I've seen previous posts about disabling fast-scroll, but since this is happening on (3) different controllers, I doubt that is the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Shard77, Jan 22, 2022
  2. Shard77 Win User

Hi and thank you for the quick reply. I had already tried both of the options you suggested, but the problem persists.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Since it started after an update, I'll suggest you report this as a feedback to the Xbox insiders subreddit. If this gets enough up votes, it will be considered as something people want and a change will be more likely in the works.

You can leave the feedback here feedback.xbox.com
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I'll recommend you do a power cycle to clear the system cache

- Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

- Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 2 minutes.

- Plug the console power cable back in. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on and check if it's all good.

If that doesn't help, I'll suggest you try doing a factory reset keeping games and apps on your console. This will refresh the console and remove all potential bugs without deleting any game data.

- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

- Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

- Select Reset console.

- Choose Keep Games and Apps

Once that is done, you'll need to sign into the console using your Microsoft account credentials. If the issue is with your console, that should fix it.
  5. PeterMDLee Win User

XBOX One Dashboard Auto-Scrolling to Right

I just turned on my Xbox One X today and now my dashboard just keeps scrolling to the right. I have a elite controller and two brand new controllers. They all are doing the same thing even after following the three methods listed and cleaning the RB button.
    Even just turning on the Xbox itself, it'll automatically just scroll to the right with no controllers turned on. During in game it does not happen only on the dashboard. Please help and fix this issue.
  6. H3PA80R Win User

xbox menu

There are system updates that change the dashboard. Thats how it works the hole time. The dashboard before the recent update wasn´t the same as on lunch of the Xbox One. The dashboards will always evolve. If you want to customise it just push
    the Xbox logo on controller, scroll to your profile & system scroll down to customized guide tabs (right above settings).
Thema:

1. Issue with Xbox Controller Scroll on Dashboard - Similar Threads - Issue Controller Scroll

2. XBox Controller Issues - Frustrated Son and Mom

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Controller Issues - Frustrated Son and Mom: My son recently got an Xbox One off a friend. We’re new to the gaming world. He keeps getting a message in the middle of games that says “you must connect a controller to play” (paraphrased), even...
  3. Controller and connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller and connection issues: My first issue i was having was trying to do remote play on my mobile device. I connected via bluetooth my wireless controller to my phone and started remote play.. Only the A and B and the xbox...
  4. Controller sync issues on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync issues on Series X: Have a two yo series x that abruptly lost sync with my controller. Controller uses third party rechargeable battery packs. Both packs are charged and upon trying to reconnect them to the console,...
  5. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  6. Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...: Yes dear Microsoft I’m having really bad issues with my Xbox controller having stick drift on Fortnite I’ve done shut auto run off and it still wants do this I’m on disability and can’t afford...
  7. Xbox Controller connectivity issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller connectivity issues: So, I usually play with my headset on and every couple minutes or so my headset would make a static noise as if my controller is losing connection then my controller would turn off then on, then...
  8. XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue: I purchased my XBOX Series X last summer. My controller is now experiencing drift on the right stick. Not only does my account show my 1-year warranty is expired, it shows that this warranty was...
  9. After sending in for repair, my controller has new issue, and was removed from my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    After sending in for repair, my controller has new issue, and was removed from my account: Disregarding this being my 4th model, I sent my Elite Series 2 Core (Blue) controller I'm for repair under warranty, because (you guessed it) the RB went out. It was returned to me, and the RB...
  10. Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...: So last August (08 2023) I signed up for a Gamepass Ultimate Subscription (2 years) under the All Access subscription to get a Series X console. Anyways everything has been great until this past...