Issue with VLC player on Series X, stopped playing HDR files for some reason?

Discus and support Issue with VLC player on Series X, stopped playing HDR files for some reason? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I used to play HDR files on VLC player in my xbox series X, but now I can't either play HDR nor 4K files. Does anyone know how to fix this, or if... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/vidavidanaovida, Oct 20, 2021.

  1. Issue with VLC player on Series X, stopped playing HDR files for some reason?


    I used to play HDR files on VLC player in my xbox series X, but now I can't either play HDR nor 4K files.

    Does anyone know how to fix this, or if there is another player that plays HDR 4K files?

    submitted by /u/vidavidanaovida
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/vidavidanaovida, Oct 20, 2021
    #1
  2. Kellior Win User

    Still moderate NAT. Forwarded ports.

    For some reason I think it saves it as a vlc media player file. I think that's the problem. How do I change this?
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

    White Flickers while watching movies/streaming? 4k UHD 60hz monitor no HDR

    I had the same / similar issue with my old 4K 60hz none HDR / HDMI 2.0 monitor when watching movies and some times in games with the Series X,

    As soon as i upgraded my monitor to a 4K 144hz monitor that has HDR / HDMI 2.1 ports, i no longer had this problem,

    I'm not sure what the problem is, but my guess is that the HDMI 2.1 port on Series X doesn't play well with HDMI 2.0 port of monitors, or it's the Series X trying to force HDR on, even if the monitor does not have / support HDR and the HDR in Series X menu's is turned off.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

    Films & TV app

    download VLC player from the app section on xbox, this will play mkv files ok.
  5. StevenCollins4 Win User

    0x00d11cd Error on playing videos on Xbox One.

    Hello,

    The drive is console powered, 4TB. I just tried streaming via media server from computer to Xbox and receive this error: 0xc00d36c4 when using Media Player, however, streaming will work on VLC. But the issue of plugging in the drive to play still exists.

    It is very weird, as I said all files play fine on the computer, but some files will not play on the Xbox.
  6. KnightXE Win User

    Does Xbox One X support 4K video files?

    I'm bumping this thread because I'm getting ready to buy an Xbox One X soon.

    just wondering if anyone else has been able to play 4K video files saved on a USB stick using either the Media Player app or VLC app on the Xbox One X?
Thema:

Issue with VLC player on Series X, stopped playing HDR files for some reason?

Loading...
  1. Issue with VLC player on Series X, stopped playing HDR files for some reason? - Similar Threads - Issue VLC player

  2. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  3. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  4. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  5. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  6. Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead: Hello all, Any help here would be great. I have a Steel Series Arctis Nova 7x Headset and an Xbox series X. I'm not having an issue with hearing game or party chat, but my friends are reporting...
  7. Delta dashboard lag issues on first bootup

    in XboX Insiders
    Delta dashboard lag issues on first bootup: I am in Delta test phase and been recently having lots of dashboard lag when you first boot up. It takes longer to load the dashboard than it normally does. Clearing the Mac address and reboot...
  8. Disc to Digital Xbox One S issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Xbox One S issue: I just recently installed insider and have Omega. I installed multiple Xbox One discs older and newer and they seem to not allow claiming the digital license. Maybe I'm confused about something...
  9. Disc to digital issue no update available

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital issue no update available: i have two xbox one consoles and original xbox one and an xbox one s both enrolled in the insiders program both on OS (xb_fit_2608ge.260805-2200) with no available updates i have been waiting and...
  10. Vlc media issue help help help help help

    in XboX Insiders
    Vlc media issue help help help help help: I have no idea where there located on internal drive but they are there, not a single thread on any browser pertaining to this issue. I want to free up 10gbs of videos off my xbox. I never wanted...

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. xbox one x vlc 4k hdr