Issue with TV: Xbox shuts tv off

Discus and support Issue with TV: Xbox shuts tv off in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Here's a minor issue I'd like to bring to the attention of Xbox One Support. When the TV is already on and you turn on the xbox one it will... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jonezee99, May 20, 2014.

  1. jonezee99
    jonezee99 Guest

    Issue with TV: Xbox shuts tv off


    Hello,

    Here's a minor issue I'd like to bring to the attention of Xbox One Support. When the TV is already on and you turn on the xbox one it will shut the TV off. This happens when you have that setting on to shut off and turn on the TV with the xbox one.

    :)
     
    jonezee99, May 20, 2014
    #1
  2. FEATURE REQUEST: Xbox One shutting off TV only on request

    Hello!

    It's very useful having a "shut off TV" option when Xbox is shutting off… But sometime I want only shut off my Xbox not my TV!

    So should be very useful, when I long-press the X button, that the XBox will presents 3 buttons: "Shut off Xbox", "shut off Controller", and "Shut off Xbox and TV".
    Thank you!
     
    Francesco Rombecchi, May 20, 2014
    #2
  3. Xbox.. Shut off TV?

    It goes to sleep/turns off after X mins. But it doesn't turn on...
     
    tomtendo-AA592B4E-B84C-4CDC-A8CC-7B2803525518, May 20, 2014
    #3
  4. Issue with TV: Xbox shuts tv off

    Hey Jonezee99,

    2 comments:

    1) There's no way for the Xbox to tell if your TV is on or not

    2) If your TV supports discrete power commands (instead of toggles) you will be able to fix this in a future update in the power settings.
     
    JT Kimbell [MSFT], May 20, 2014
    #4
  5. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

    Issue with TV: Xbox shuts tv off

    Hey Jonezee99,

    2 comments:

    1) There's no way for the Xbox to tell if your TV is on or not

    2) If your TV supports discrete power commands (instead of toggles) you will be able to fix this in a future update in the power settings.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

    TV turning OFF while using X Box X

    Hello Jori,

    Sorry for the issue with the TV turning off. There usually is a setting on the TV for it to shut off after so long. Most also have a feature now if they notice no movement that it will auto shut off. Also on the console there is a idle time but that is for
    console not the TV. I suggest checking the manual for the TV and see if you can find the setting there. Let us know if need further help. Being it is a certain amount of time every time I think it is most likely a TV setting.

    Thanks,

    Brad
  7. mc365 Win User

    Xbox.. Shut off TV?

    Seems odd that it can power it off but not on, its usually the same button press / ir signal, it just the state that the TV is in gets toggled.
  8. tomtendo-AA592B4E-B8 Win User

    Xbox.. Shut off TV?

    Yeah, thank you. It looks like I can have it power off my tv, but not turn on my tv when I say xbox on.
  9. mc365 Win User

    Xbox.. Shut off TV?

    Go to settings > TV & OneMenu > Power Settings.

    Activate the first, third, and fourth settings in the list.

    Then try your commands a few time until you get the cadence.
Thema:

Issue with TV: Xbox shuts tv off

Loading...
  1. Issue with TV: Xbox shuts tv off - Similar Threads - Issue shuts off

  2. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  3. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  4. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  5. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  6. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  7. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  8. My Xbox series X shuts down due to under ventilation issues.

    in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series X shuts down due to under ventilation issues.: I've been playing Minecraft in my Xbox series X (no disc drive) with a few friends and has a lot of mods; and for some reason it shuts down, saying something like "this Xbox is designed to shut...
  9. Technical Issue, My monitor nowdays sometimes shuts off especially when i am gaming

    in XBoX on Windows
    Technical Issue, My monitor nowdays sometimes shuts off especially when i am gaming: i always connect my laptop to monitor and when i am gaming, i have to use a external fan because the pc will get hot. When im gaming like yesterday, the monitor shuts off like black screen, at...
  10. I have been having issues with my xbox dropping me from games or shutting down all together.

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been having issues with my xbox dropping me from games or shutting down all together.: I have been having these issues for awhile now on multiple games. Now on starfield the game drops or my xbox resets entirely. I am playing on an Xbox series X. 1eb631e4-8689-422f-aeca-96bb5cd960f4