Issue with Red Dead Redemption 2 disc to digital

Discus and support Issue with Red Dead Redemption 2 disc to digital in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I redeemed my disc for Red Dead Redemption 2 and then tried playing it on my wife’s Xbox, everything went well at first, but it only allowed me to... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MooseMan7, Sep 11, 2026.

  1. /u/MooseMan7
    /u/MooseMan7 Guest

    Issue with Red Dead Redemption 2 disc to digital


    So I redeemed my disc for Red Dead Redemption 2 and then tried playing it on my wife’s Xbox, everything went well at first, but it only allowed me to play Red Dead Online and not the story mode, saying I needed to purchase the story mode. I’m assuming this is kinda like the issue people had with Halo Infinite & this will get fixed.

    Edit* My Xbox is in the Alpha ring, my wife’s Xbox isn’t in the preview at all

    submitted by /u/MooseMan7
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/MooseMan7, Sep 11, 2026
    #1
  2. HomegrownSilky Win User

    Red dead online

    Firstly, the retail full version of Red Dead Redemption 2 on disc already includes Red Dead Online so unless you have transitioned to a digital only console, you wouldn't need to purchase it again.
    Secondly, which digital version did you purchase? There is the full game Red Dead Redemption 2. There is also Red Dead Online, which is obviously the online part. And then there is Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode, which is just a DLC for Red Dead Online (owning Red Dead Online is required) which allows you to play the single player campaign.
    Please check your purchase history to see which one you have purchased.
  3. H3adshak3r Win User

    Red Dead Redemption 2 DLC Problem

    I checked this for my and my brothers account and that is the result. Looks a little bit strange or? On My Account the Ultimate Edition is listed twice. I think this is not correct and on my brothers account ultimate edition is missing. Pre-Order Bonus is
    correct, because i have it bought and my brother not.

    My Account:

    Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition

    This Package Contains:

    - Red Dead Redemption 2

    - Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition

    - Red Dead Redemption 2 Special Edition Content

    - Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition Content

    - Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition Content

    - Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre-Order Boni (War Horse)

    - Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre-Order Boni (Treasure Map)

    Brothers Account:

    Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition

    This Package Contains:

    - Red Dead Redemption 2

    - Red Dead Redemption 2 Special Edition Content

    - Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition Content
  4. Max Hillier Win User

    Why is my Xbox fan so loud for 5-10 mins after I boot it up?

    Yes I always have my red dead redemption 2 disc in my console!
  5. HomegrownSilky Win User

    Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode not available to download but is for sale!!

    Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

    Just a friendly reminder though that the Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode is just an add-on or DLC addition to Red Dead Redemption 2 which means that it requires the base game, you will be needing to buy the base game that is sold separately.
    It's not the base game that is needed. It is Red Dead Online. When you state that the base game is needed it sounds like people need to buy Red Dead Redemption 2 but that is not the case. Red Dead Redemption 2 contains both the single player story and the online portion. Red Dead Redemption 2 is not the same as Red Dead Online. They have 2 different names. Story Mode is DLC for Red Dead Online. It is not DLC for Red Dead Redemption 2 as you have said.
  6. trple X blu dot Win User

    RdR 2??

    [quote user="Jameser78"]

    I do know 'Redemption' is Red Dead 2, the first one is called Red Dead Revolver.

    [/quote]Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver. To say Red Dead Revolver is part 1 and Red Dead Redemption is part 2, is rhetoric. Otherwise it would have been titled Red Dead Revolver 2
Thema:

Issue with Red Dead Redemption 2 disc to digital

Loading...
  1. Issue with Red Dead Redemption 2 disc to digital - Similar Threads - Issue Red Dead

  2. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  3. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  4. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  5. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  6. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  7. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  8. Red Dead Redemption 2 Online issue

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Red Dead Redemption 2 Online issue: When i go to log into online for RDR2, it brings me to a screen to purchase an xbox game pass plan. I already have Live and have had no problem playing online before game pass. Someone please help...
  9. Red light issue (error 1414)

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Red light issue (error 1414): When I turn on my console all 4 lights turn into red and display a system error??? 9656f69c-3711-4efd-81b0-772c22086bb8
  10. Red Dead Redemption 2 ISSUE with WINDOWS 11 22H2

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Red Dead Redemption 2 ISSUE with WINDOWS 11 22H2: with the new 22 update windows 11 it still doesn't work omg I tried all sorts of 'hacks' or 'fixes' but it just doesn't do work. Please fix the issue Microsoft....