Issue with recovering my password for my gamer profile

Discus and support Issue with recovering my password for my gamer profile in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently I’ve decided to sell my xbox 360 and buy the new Xbox one, but I haven’t played my old Xbox in a few years and I want to recover my gamer... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SonsyTurnip7079, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Issue with recovering my password for my gamer profile

Recently I’ve decided to sell my xbox 360 and buy the new Xbox one, but I haven’t played my old Xbox in a few years and I want to recover my gamer profile. I have the email address, but just can’t remember the password. I made the account with my friend and
    used his information to create the account, but I don’t know any of the personal information we used. When I use the link Microsoft has to reset the passwords, it allows me to send the password recover to a current email address I use now, but because I’ve
    been putting in the wrong personal information for my account, the emails I receive say it is unable to verify my ownership using the information that I provided. Is there anyway to recover or reset a password if you only know the email address and none of
    the personal information? Just would like to use my main gamer profile when I get the Xbox one, but of there’s no way, I guess I’ll just create a new one when I get the Xbox one.

:)

SonsyTurnip7079, Jan 16, 2018
  2. Gamer profile issue

I have a major issue with my gamer tag, it looks like it has privacy settings of a child. Wont let me play online :-( . Anybody got any solutions, at my wits end

yorkshire rose, Jan 16, 2018
  3. TayWax
    TayWax Guest
    Gamer profile issue

There is a privacy setting within your profile I believe.

TayWax, Jan 16, 2018
  4. Issue with recovering my password for my gamer profile

If you have not sold your xbox 360 yet and have received the email saying you have not provided them with enough information you can contact xbox support by going to support.xbox.com/contact-us and have them do a forgot password escalation which they will
    then fill out a form with some information off the email that you got saying you didnt provide enough info and some information about the account and console that it was on previously. That escalation form will then be sent up to the escalations team who will
    look at it and if that information is enough then they will email you with a link to reset your password.

If you dont have the 360 still you will then have to either continue to fill the form out with info you can remember and hope to get enough correct or start a new account.

steeledwand7664, Jan 16, 2018
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

If you have not sold your xbox 360 yet and have received the email saying you have not provided them with enough information you can contact xbox support by going to support.xbox.com/contact-us and have them do a forgot password escalation which they will
    then fill out a form with some information off the email that you got saying you didnt provide enough info and some information about the account and console that it was on previously. That escalation form will then be sent up to the escalations team who will
    look at it and if that information is enough then they will email you with a link to reset your password.

If you dont have the 360 still you will then have to either continue to fill the form out with info you can remember and hope to get enough correct or start a new account.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Family Pack----one member says "free" membership and that profile isn't able to play---Help Please!

Are you sure you are on a family plan? First if you know the login an password delete the profile only and recover the gamer tag

Or clear system cache

Goto my xbox and accounts does it say family plan
  7. Skanker irl Win User

Problem with recovering my gamer profile

It's back up for me. Try it now.
  8. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Problem with recovering my gamer profile

Take a look at the Xbox Live Service Status page:
    support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-status

XBOX LIVE Service

Users may experience difficulties with the following services:

Signing into Xbox LIVE from an Xbox console

Signing into Xbox LIVE from Xbox.com

We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience
    When the Xbox Live Service Status is "Up and Running" again, you should be able to download your profile.
    Keep an eye on the page, the Xbox Live team is working on it now.
  9. Unicron Social Win User

Linking my new Xbox to my game tag

You will need to recover your gamertag on the new xbox.

support.xbox.com/.../gamer-profile

-If you’re signed into Xbox LIVE with another gamertag, press the Guide button, and then press X on your controller to sign out.

-Press the Guide button again, and select Recover Gamertag.

-Select Recover Gamertag again.

-Enter your Windows Live ID and password for the gamer profile that you want to recover.

-Follow the on-screen directions.
Thema:

1. Issue with recovering my password for my gamer profile - Similar Threads - Issue recovering password

2. Wired connection issue on Xbox X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired connection issue on Xbox X: Hi. My Xbox x is showing a wired connection plugged in. There is no wire connection as I only use wifi. Xbox stuck on check wired connection. This happened after a power failure in the...
  3. Issue downloading MW3

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue downloading MW3: I have the xbox one S. I have a 180 hz monitor. I've changed the settings to 120 hz on the xbox. However, it won't let me download the call of duty X/S version. It keeps downloading the basic call...
  4. Gamepass update issue on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamepass update issue on PC: I am on PC and Xbox Gamepass has a required update. I try to update. It repeatedly errors out with error code 0x080070020 that seems to relate to multiple instances of the app running. But only...
  5. hardware issues where my a y x b dpad rb lb l3 r3 won’t work, I’m trying to send in my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    hardware issues where my a y x b dpad rb lb l3 r3 won’t work, I’m trying to send in my...: So my buttons will not work, they worked maybe 30 mins beforehand where I sat the controller down and picked it back up and they were unresponsive, My warranty is still covered and the big issue...
  6. Network issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network issue: I recently bought a refurbished xbox online from gamestop and it wont connect to the wifi. Sometimes if I'm lucky itll connect but I found out I need to switch to IPv6 I have IPv4 but I dont know...
  7. Xbox party and game connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox party and game connection issue: I’m currently at college and I’m trying to play Xbox with other people here. When we try to connect to an Xbox party nobody can connect and it gets disbanded. This occurs with some games like...
  8. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  9. Can’t recover Xbox account due to Microsoft account issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t recover Xbox account due to Microsoft account issue: Due to troubleshooting issues I had to reset my Xbox to fix the issue, however after connect my Microsoft account the Xbox profile is an old one I haven’t used in year, my main one is nowhere to...
  10. Issues recovering an account that was hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issues recovering an account that was hacked: Let me start off by saying how absurd this is. My account has been hacked. I cannot login using my previous email address. I've been told by the virtual assistant to run the account recovery form...