Issue with recovering my password for my gamer profile

Discus and support Issue with recovering my password for my gamer profile in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently I’ve decided to sell my xbox 360 and buy the new Xbox one, but I haven’t played my old Xbox in a few years and I want to recover my gamer... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SonsyTurnip7079, Jan 16, 2018.

  1. Issue with recovering my password for my gamer profile


    Recently I’ve decided to sell my xbox 360 and buy the new Xbox one, but I haven’t played my old Xbox in a few years and I want to recover my gamer profile. I have the email address, but just can’t remember the password. I made the account with my friend and
    used his information to create the account, but I don’t know any of the personal information we used. When I use the link Microsoft has to reset the passwords, it allows me to send the password recover to a current email address I use now, but because I’ve
    been putting in the wrong personal information for my account, the emails I receive say it is unable to verify my ownership using the information that I provided. Is there anyway to recover or reset a password if you only know the email address and none of
    the personal information? Just would like to use my main gamer profile when I get the Xbox one, but of there’s no way, I guess I’ll just create a new one when I get the Xbox one.

    :)
     
    SonsyTurnip7079, Jan 16, 2018
    #1
  2. Gamer profile issue

    I have a major issue with my gamer tag, it looks like it has privacy settings of a child. Wont let me play online :-( . Anybody got any solutions, at my wits end
     
    yorkshire rose, Jan 16, 2018
    #2
  3. TayWax
    TayWax Guest
    Gamer profile issue

    There is a privacy setting within your profile I believe.
     
    TayWax, Jan 16, 2018
    #3
  4. Issue with recovering my password for my gamer profile

    If you have not sold your xbox 360 yet and have received the email saying you have not provided them with enough information you can contact xbox support by going to support.xbox.com/contact-us and have them do a forgot password escalation which they will
    then fill out a form with some information off the email that you got saying you didnt provide enough info and some information about the account and console that it was on previously. That escalation form will then be sent up to the escalations team who will
    look at it and if that information is enough then they will email you with a link to reset your password.

    If you dont have the 360 still you will then have to either continue to fill the form out with info you can remember and hope to get enough correct or start a new account.
     
    steeledwand7664, Jan 16, 2018
    #4
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

    Issue with recovering my password for my gamer profile

    If you have not sold your xbox 360 yet and have received the email saying you have not provided them with enough information you can contact xbox support by going to support.xbox.com/contact-us and have them do a forgot password escalation which they will
    then fill out a form with some information off the email that you got saying you didnt provide enough info and some information about the account and console that it was on previously. That escalation form will then be sent up to the escalations team who will
    look at it and if that information is enough then they will email you with a link to reset your password.

    If you dont have the 360 still you will then have to either continue to fill the form out with info you can remember and hope to get enough correct or start a new account.
  6. ngocphi Win User

    Family Pack----one member says "free" membership and that profile isn't able to play---Help Please!

    Are you sure you are on a family plan? First if you know the login an password delete the profile only and recover the gamer tag

    Or clear system cache

    Goto my xbox and accounts does it say family plan
  7. Skanker irl Win User

    Problem with recovering my gamer profile

    It's back up for me. Try it now.
  8. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

    Problem with recovering my gamer profile

    Take a look at the Xbox Live Service Status page:
    support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-status


    XBOX LIVE Service

    Users may experience difficulties with the following services:

    Signing into Xbox LIVE from an Xbox console

    Signing into Xbox LIVE from Xbox.com

    We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience
    When the Xbox Live Service Status is "Up and Running" again, you should be able to download your profile.
    Keep an eye on the page, the Xbox Live team is working on it now.
  9. Unicron Social Win User

    Linking my new Xbox to my game tag

    You will need to recover your gamertag on the new xbox.

    support.xbox.com/.../gamer-profile

    -If you’re signed into Xbox LIVE with another gamertag, press the Guide button, and then press X on your controller to sign out.

    -Press the Guide button again, and select Recover Gamertag.

    -Select Recover Gamertag again.

    -Enter your Windows Live ID and password for the gamer profile that you want to recover.

    -Follow the on-screen directions.
Thema:

Issue with recovering my password for my gamer profile

Loading...
  1. Issue with recovering my password for my gamer profile - Similar Threads - Issue recovering password

  2. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  3. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  6. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  7. Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead: Hello all, Any help here would be great. I have a Steel Series Arctis Nova 7x Headset and an Xbox series X. I'm not having an issue with hearing game or party chat, but my friends are reporting...
  8. i recover my microsoft account but the issue is the hacket email is still on my minecraft...

    in XBoX Accessibility
    i recover my microsoft account but the issue is the hacket email is still on my minecraft...: hi. i got hack and lost my microsoft. the hacker change my email and lost connection to my xbox and minecraft both java and bedrock account. my java name is: Infinitykey my xbox/bedrock:...
  9. Can’t recover Xbox account due to Microsoft account issue

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t recover Xbox account due to Microsoft account issue: Due to troubleshooting issues I had to reset my Xbox to fix the issue, however after connect my Microsoft account the Xbox profile is an old one I haven’t used in year, my main one is nowhere to...
  10. Issues recovering an account that was hacked

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Issues recovering an account that was hacked: Let me start off by saying how absurd this is. My account has been hacked. I cannot login using my previous email address. I've been told by the virtual assistant to run the account recovery form...